2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the cavs had picked Barnes, they probably would not have been able to get Oladipo

You really think Barnes would have made that much of a difference in their win percentage compared to Waiters? I was thinking someone would make this comment, but then I thought about the fact that neither player had outstanding rookie seasons. With more shot attempts, Barnes probably would've had a better year than Waiters but probably nothing to push them further down the lottery pool.

I mean they won 19 games the year before taking Kyrie. They drafted Kyrie in 2011 and only won 2 more games in a shortened season the year after :lol: Overall, they were a still terrible team and Barnes would have not changed that by himself. I think they would've still be in a 24 win team last year.

Last edited:
It's easy to trash Bennett now but almost 90% of this board was gassing him prior to the draft.

It's not like he would suck any less had he been picked 2-5

Last edited:
I've wondered this very same thing myself. I also wonder why defenders let Z-Bo get his 15-17 foot set shot off so often. He sits at the elbow extended doing jab steps and pump fakes to set up the jumper. If I was a defender, I'd crowd him and make him try to put the ball on the floor. I have a feeling he wouldn't be nearly as successful taking the ball to the basket from 17 feet out than he is shooting mid-range shots.

Exactly. I really don't know what it is. I laugh every time a defender is just watching ZBo, while he's in face up position. I've also wondered why no one guards Gasol in that 15 feet area. They literally leave him open 15 ft at the top of the key ALL THE TIME and that's his spot. Teams play off him like he's Kendrick Perkins or something.

Last edited:
If the cavs had picked Barnes, they probably would not have been able to get Oladipo

You really think Barnes would have made that much of a difference in their win percentage compared to Waiters? I was thinking someone would make this comment, but then I thought about the fact that neither player had outstanding rookie seasons. With more shot attempts, Barnes probably would've had a better year than Waiters but probably nothing to push them further down the lottery pool.

I mean they won 19 games the year before taking Kyrie. They drafted Kyrie in 2011 and only won 2 more games in a shortened season the year after :lol: Overall, they were a still terrible team and Barnes would have not changed that by himself. I think they would've still be in a 24 win team last year.
yeah 2 more games, but he also had his minutes limited by scott
and i do believe with barnes, they probably would have been able to win at least a 2-3 more games which would have changed the percentages

Last edited:
Speaking of guys who should've been taken later than the guys who went after him, was Jordan just enamored by MKG's dunking? There's easily 5-6 guys who Jordan could have had drafted before MKG.

Not looking like a good pick at all. I like MKG but he was overhyped because he was always surrounded by the best talent at each level, dude was on a high school team with Kyrie and a college team with Anthony Davis. Shooting is horrible, not good attacking off the dribble basically a non factor on offense. He's a great athlete/defender but so is Tony Allen

It's easy to trash Bennett now but almost 90% of this board was gassing him prior to the draft.

It's not like he would suck any less had he been picked 2-5

Picked him for ROY over Oladipo :smh:

Glad I didn't bet on it :lol:

He's still my guy though, hope he gets it together

i had 0 faith in Bennett before the draft and i have even less now.

i know Noel can ball, but i am scared of his frailness so wasn't that high on him either.

before the draft i was thinking Oladipo, McLemore and Porter were the best 3.  i have no idea how McLemore fell to the Kings but im so glad he did. gotta thank Cleveland for the stupidity on that one

Barnes would have been such a good running mate for Kyrie... :smh: I'm still not over it.

Even Drummond. But hey I guess they didn't draft him because they were planning on the Andrew Bynum sweepstakes.

Barnes would have been such a good running mate for Kyrie...
mean.gif
I'm still not over it.

i wanted Drummond or Barnes in that draft too. im still not over it either.  got trolled by the ****** Maloofs and Geoff Petrie

Welp

Heat, Spurs, Suns, Lakers, Bulls and Knicks Noche Latina jerseys
Bulls & Celtics St. Patty's jerseys
Twolves alt
Nets alt

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat Superstar, Has Sold Comedy Show to Fox[/COLOR]

View media item 665004

Dwyane Wade's life is hilarious—at least he certainly hopes it is.

Variety's Jon Weisman reports that the Miami Heat star, producer Mike Tollin and Sony Pictures Television were successful in selling their half-hour sitcom entitled Three the Hard Way to FOX.

Struggling comedy writers may want to avert their eyes for this one.

According to the report, the entire show is inspired by Wade's book, A Father First: How My Life Became Bigger Than Basketball. Even the main character's name will closely resemble that of the NBA superstar: Daryl Wade.

As for specifics, Ben Watkins (Burn Notice) will not only help produce the show, but is writing the pilot episode, which will feature the fictional Wade attempting to raise his children as a single dad. The twist is that Wade is a basketball star who gets some parenting help from his "eccentric entourage."

So this is essentially Three Men and a Baby meets Hanging with Mr. Cooper with a splash of Entourage and just a dash of Mr. Belvedere.

Actually, that doesn't sound half-bad.

Variety's Jon Weisman reports that the Miami Heat star, producer Mike Tollin and Sony Pictures Television were successful in selling their half-hour sitcom entitled Three the Hard Way to FOX.

Struggling comedy writers may want to avert their eyes for this one.

According to the report, the entire show is inspired by Wade's book, A Father First: How My Life Became Bigger Than Basketball. Even the main character's name will closely resemble that of the NBA superstar: Daryl Wade.

As for specifics, Ben Watkins (Burn Notice) will not only help produce the show, but is writing the pilot episode, which will feature the fictional Wade attempting to raise his children as a single dad. The twist is that Wade is a basketball star who gets some parenting help from his "eccentric entourage."

So this is essentially Three Men and a Baby meets Hanging with Mr. Cooper with a splash of Entourage and just a dash of Mr. Belvedere.

Actually, that doesn't sound half-bad.

The Hollywood Reporter's Lesley Goldberg has a bit more on the comedy, which is the first foray for Wade's budding new production company, ZZ Productions.

The show has been in development since late 2012. Reportedly, Perfect Storm Entertainment's Justin Lin is a basketball fan and became enamored with the project this past June. With that, Tollin asked Watkins to get on board as an executive producer and writer. Wade's team is hopeful to get this show on the air.

The 31-year-old Miami Heat star barely needs an introduction to basketball fans. He's a three-time NBA champion who is hoping to maintain the Heat's winning ways despite lingering knee issues to start the season.

Of course, Wade is hardly one to take it easy, and that sentiment certainly translates to endeavors outside of basketball. His book is a New York Times bestseller and his life as a father of two boys just yielded a deal with a major network.

Now comes the obvious question of who plays LeBron James. We say get either Keegan-Michael Key or Jordan Peele one large headband and consider your casting duties done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom