2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drafting bigs is always a risk. You just have to take it sometimes.

I've always been a proponent of drafting for talent over position also.

Lebron is never coming back to Cleveland (not even to visit).
I've believed that ever since The Decision. As soon as I heard people talking about "Oh, he'll be back", I was immediately like "Ummm... 
laugh.gif
... no."
when did the "he'll be back" talk start??
Pretty much immediately. No, not from every-damn-body, but a few.

Welp

Heat, Spurs, Suns, Lakers, Bulls and Knicks Noche Latina jerseys
Bulls & Celtics St. Patty's jerseys
Twolves alt
Nets alt
 I'm offended that these "jerseys" are associated with Latinos.

I mean, wtf is that pattern about?

Not going to lie, I'm slightly feeling the Xmas jersies everyone's hating on.

But those?!

Those things are ROUGH. 
laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif
... ... ... 
mean.gif

I'm glad the Kings took Cousins :smile:

How did the UK coach (name slipped my mind, too lazy to look it up) have Cousins' for the most part locked in, extremely focused on a national title but an NBA coach can't seem to keep him under control/positive for more than 3 games straight?

Cal won the Title with AD and MKG not Wall and Cousins.

And he often had trouble with Cousins they argued all the time.

Last edited:

How did the UK coach (name slipped my mind, too lazy to look it up) have Cousins' for the most part locked in, extremely focused on a national title but an NBA coach can't seem to keep him under control/positive for more than 3 games straight?
I'm sure you haven't watched the Kings much this year, but he's actually been pretty under control/positive this year, all things considered.

His body language and demeanor with his teammates had been pretty good.

Malone (so far) seems to have been able to reach Cousins, its been refreshing to see.

But to answer your question, Calipari was able to keep Cousins in check because they lost 3 games all season long :lol: Of course, life is going to be good when you're winning that much and have that dominant of a team.

Cal won the Title with AD and MKG not Wall and Cousins.

And he often had trouble with Cousins they argued all the time.

I remember him getting into a spat or two TOPS...

I definitely don't remember them arguing all the time, more so mouthing off to the refs and Cal checking him, I've been watching Cousins this year and I still rock with him as but his crying has now become a staple of his game.

Yeah not arguing but they had their differences :lol:

Whoever approved the jersey designs and patterns up there needs to be re-evaluated... Not sure I would wear those if they gave them away.

I'm sure you haven't watched the Kings much this year, but he's actually been pretty under control/positive this year, all things considered.

His body language and demeanor with his teammates had been pretty good.

I agree, I don't see him trippin' on his teammates at all this season... so far at least... but when his shots aren't falling early and he's not getting foul calls dude starts moping around on both ends. *shrugs*

I just want to see the kid cook, consistently, on a decent-good team.
Just last week, there was a game where the Kings fell down by almost like 20-25 points to the Memphis Grizzlies and the starters were benched for like the entire 2nd half. And Cousins was always up and cheering on his teammates as they led a comeback that came up just short. That was sort of the most glaring example of change I saw from him this season. In years past, anytime he got planted on the bench he would just have the meanest of mugs on his face and a Kobe-like angry death glare :lol:

He still complains with officials but he's toned it down a little bit, and he's certainly not nearly as demonstrative as he has been.

But ya like you said, its early on. Lets see how he is when the Kings are 15-35 :lol:

The decent-good team thing probably won't come till next year, hopefully :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Last edited:
guess who plays tonight?

wait for it....

wait for it...

wait for it.....

"my lakers and my warriors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :D

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom