2013 Academy Awards -- Picture: ARGO, Director: ANG LEE, Actress: JENNIFER LAWRENCE, Actor: Who else

What's gonna win Best Picture?

• Amour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Argo

• Beasts of the Southern Wild

• Django Unchained

• Les Misérables

• Life of Pi

• Lincoln

• Silver Linings Playbook

• Zero Dark Thirty

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I generally like Macfarlane, but I didn't like anything he did for the Oscars especially the opening which was way too long. There were a lot of technical issues too specifically with the sound. The music was faded in & out tightly during certain segments (especially when Macfarlane introduced the band & the conductor). Adele's vocals weren't mixed properly during her performance either. I hated the way they rushed people off stage during their acceptance speeches. It was more aggressive this year then it's ever been. I liked a lot of the results though.

What page are the list of winners on? or did no one compile that list yet? :nerd:

I was just updating the OP when they happened. Forgot to post em when it was done. :lol:

Best Picture

Amour
Argo
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Django Unchained
Les Misérables
Life of Pi
Lincoln
Silver Linings Playbook
Zero Dark Thirty

Best Director

Steven Spielberg for Lincoln
Benh Zeitlin for Beasts of the Southern Wild
David O. Russell for Silver Linings Playbook
Ang Lee for Life of Pi
Michael Haneke for Amour

Actor in a Leading Role

Bradley Cooper in Silver Linings Playbook
Daniel Day-Lewis in Lincoln
Hugh Jackman in Les Misérables
Joaquin Phoenix in The Master
Denzel Washington in Flight

Actor in a Supporting Role

Alan Arkin in Argo
Robert De Niro in Silver Linings Playbook
Philip Seymour Hoffman in The Master
Tommy Lee Jones in Lincoln
Christoph Waltz in Django Unchained

Actress in a Leading Role

Jessica Chastain in Zero Dark Thirty
Jennifer Lawrence in Silver Linings Playbook
Emmanuelle Riva in Amour
Quvenzhané Wallis in Beasts of the Southern Wild
Naomi Watts in The Impossible

Actress in a Supporting Role

Amy Adams in The Master
Sally Field in Lincoln
Anne Hathaway in Les Misérables
Helen Hunt in The Sessions
Jacki Weaver in Silver Linings Pla ybook

Animated Feature Film

Brave
Frankenweenie
ParaNorman
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Wreck-It Ralph

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE

5 Broken Cameras
The Gatekeepers
How to Survive a Plague
The Invisible War
Searching for Sugar Man

Foreign Language Film

Amour
Kon-Tiki
No
A Royal Affair
War Witch

Writing (Adapted Screenplay )

Argo by Chris Terrio
Beasts of the Southern Wild by Lucy Alibar & Benh Zeitlin
Life of Pi by David Magee
Lincoln by Tony Kushner
Silver Linings Playbook by David O. Russell

Writing (Original Screenplay )

Amour by Michael Haneke
Django Unchained by Quentin Tarantino
Flight by John Gatins
Moonrise Kingdom by Wes Anderson & Roman Coppola
Zero Dark Thirty by Mark Boal

Best Original Song

"Before My Time" from Chasing Ice
"Pi's Lullaby" from Life Of Pi
"Everybody Needs a Best Friend" from Ted
"Suddenly" from Les Misérables
"Skyfall" from Skyfall

Best Cinematography

Seamus McGarvey - Anna Karenina
Robert Richardson - Django Unchained
Claudio Miranda - Life Of Pi
Janusz Kaminski - Lincoln
Roger Deakins - Skyfall

Best Film Editing

William Goldenberg - Argo
Tim Squyres - Life Of Pi
Michael Kahn - Lincoln
Jay Cassidy and Crispin Struthers - Silver Linings Playbook
William Goldenberg, Dylan Tichenor - Zero Dark Thirty

Best Costume Design

Jacqueline Durran - Anna Karenina
Paco Delgado - Les Misérables
Joanna Johnston - Lincoln
Eiko Ishioka - Mirror Mirror
Colleen Atwood - Snow White and the Huntsman

Best Visual Effects

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Life Of Pi
Marvel's The Avengers
Prometheus
Snow White And The Huntsman

Best Production Design

Sarah Greenwood, Katie Spencer - Anna Karenina
Dan Hennah, Ra Vincent, Simon Bright - The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Eve Stewart - Les Miserables
David Gropman, Anna Pinnock - Life Of Pi
Rick Carter, Jim Erickson, Peter T Frank - Lincoln

Best Original Score

Dario Marianelli - Anna Karenina
Alexandre Desplat - Argo
Mychael Danna - Life Of Pi
John Williams - Lincoln
Thomas Newman - Skyfall

Best Make Up

Hitchcock
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Les Miserables

Best Sound Editing

Argo
Django Unchained
Life Of Pi
Skyfall
Zero Dark Thirty

Best Sound Mixing

Argo
Les Miserables
Life Of Pi
Lincoln
Skyfall

Best Documentary Short Film

Inocente
Kings Point
Mondays At Racine
Open Heart
Redemption

Best Animated Short

Adam And Dog
Fresh Guacamole
Head Over Heels
Maggie Simpson In The Longest Daycare
Paperman

Best Live-Action Short Film

Asad
Buzkashi Boys
Curfew
Death Of A Shadow
Henry

Last edited:
I generally like Macfarlane, but I didn't like anything he did for the Oscars especially the opening which was way too long. There were a lot of technical issues too specifically with the sound. The music was faded in & out tightly during certain segments (especially when Macfarlane introduced the band & the conductor). Adele's vocals weren't mixed properly during her performance either. I hated the way they rushed people off stage during their acceptance speeches. It was more aggressive this year then it's ever been. I liked a lot of the results though.

I liked the intro, but sorta in an out of context way.

Like if this was an Academy Awards special before the real Oscars started, I would've loved it, but it really went on forever.

I dunno...every host has jokes that work or don't work. I think he did a good job.
Yea, some stuff was jabbing at made men or creepy or ran too long.
He started off great, lost some steam, but they stitched together a nice show.

The issue is with the producers. It was a sloppy show, and there were a lot of things they shoulda just known better than to do.

The Flight sock puppets killed me, though. :rofl:

Last edited:
I though Seth did a good job. I actually laughed more than I usually do when watching The Oscars

The host was good, the show was average. Technical issues, terrible wrap it up music, Some of the musical numbers were ehh, and it could have been more polished did the Oscars.

NT finally getting hip to Jennifer Lawrence? Best thing about her is that she seems like any other chick I know, like we would of been friends in high school.....while trying to smash but getting friendzoned.

tumblr_mirf4m2kYm1r1c6jgo1_500.gif

hfqyQ7n.gif

tumblr_mirf9sdptg1qzlc1ro2_400.gif

I really do hate it had to be her. :lol:

The more you learn about her and just hear her in general, she's pretty impossible to not like. Unless you're just hitting her with the backlash of being overexposed. She's what you'd hope Hollywood people were like. She doesn't throw her old friends and family under the rug. She brings them everywhere, and I heard she's still good close friends with her best friend from middle school who has down's syndrome. Now that...is an easy situation to not have the time of day for, if you were in her position. She learns these quirky weird things for roles, that she doesn't have to.

She just seems, very decent.
And they squeeze so much press and so many interviews out of someone in her position, that I think it'd be hard for all of that to be a front.

Personality is a ************, and she's got a lot of it.

Last edited:
And reading stuff today, the backlash for her has already started. Even if it's all an act (Which I don't think it is) better than a lot of other actors and actresses personas.

Plus if you look at press from her early stuff, she's the same as now.. So I take it as genuine.

Last edited:
Yeah I meant at large. I didn't start paying much attention to her until after the Oscars when she wore that red dress.
Been a fan ever since that night :pimp:, then actually started watching her films and she's one of the best young actresses out right now. I like how she actually has talent to go with her looks unlike most of the ones her age.

its funny because Im reading some of the articles calling Macfarlane the worst host ever. And it seems like the people who hated him, would be the same people who loved billy crystal

people have short term memories...James Franco...

NT finally getting hip to Jennifer Lawrence? Best thing about her is that she seems like any other chick I know, like we would of been friends in high school.....while trying to smash but getting friendzoned.

tumblr_mirf4m2kYm1r1c6jgo1_500.gif

hfqyQ7n.gif

tumblr_mirf9sdptg1qzlc1ro2_400.gif

I really do hate it had to be her. :lol:

Personality is a ************, and she's got a lot of it.
Of course it was going to be her lol who else would it be - she played it off like we all knew she could.

Nah, some of us have been hip for awhile.

Yea if you've been watching films for a few years you've known about J-Law.

I think she's getting nominated again next year for Serena which she stars as a ruthless Wood tycoon with Bradley Cooper. Comes out later this year.

And reading stuff today, the backlash for her has already started. Even if it's all an act (Which I don't think it is) better than a lot of other actors and actresses personas.

Plus if you look at press from her early stuff, she's the same as now.. So I take it as genuine.

It was only a matter of time. Just like people here turned on Anne Hathaway and think her attitude is a act, they are gonna do the same with JLaw bc she is everywhere and seems "too good to be true"

Argo was a perfect "good" movie to me, if that makes sense. Nothing spectacular, nothing experimental or particularly exciting, not taking any risks,  just a good movie done extremely well. Would much rather have seen Django win.
That's my whole issue with the Oscars...in particular the award for best picture. 

I read about Daniel Day Lewis today...this dude is crazy about his acting...no wonder he got 3 trophies. He like really becomes his characters, kinda nuts.... :nerd:

I read about Daniel Day Lewis today...this dude is crazy about his acting...no wonder he got 3 trophies. He like really becomes his characters, kinda nuts.... :nerd:
old news - he is the definition of method actor.

wouldn't talk to anyone on set unless they addressed him as Mr. Lincoln or Mr. President

Back
Top Bottom