2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

It really surprises me that he quit. Coach O quit. I could see him joining UCLA or Oregon to stick it to U$C

It really surprises me that he quit. Coach O quit. I could see him joining UCLA or Oregon to stick it to U$C

eh I don't think he quit on the team. idk how he'd continue to coach the team knowing another HC is coming in, you'd lose your edge.

I doubt he goes somewhere else to be an assistant either, probably will get a HC job at a smaller school

Coach O was obviously disappointed......can't knock him for resigning

but in more important news 
frown.gif
 @ Coach Grobe resigning .......classy coach.....think recruiting hurt him more than anything ......couldn't get ACC caliber players to come in these past few years 

but in more important news :frown:  @ Coach Grobe resigning .......classy coach.....think recruiting hurt him more than anything ......couldn't get ACC caliber players to come in these past few years 

O made the right move. I don't even think he was highly considered for the HC opening anyway.

but in more important news 
frown.gif
 @ Coach Grobe resigning .......classy coach.....think recruiting hurt him more than anything ......couldn't get ACC caliber players to come in these past few years 
O made the right move. I don't even think he was highly considered for the HC opening anyway.
if he beat ucla, the job was his.  after he lost they called petersen, franklin and sumlin.

sumlin considered it and a&m panicked and locked him down with an extension.  petersen considered it then withdrew, franklin wanted the job (regardless of what vanderbilt's AD is claiming) as did sark and del rio and haden went with the "safe" hire.  a pete carroll clone.

Last edited:
If beating UCLA was the make or break point for Orgeron, then Haden is terrible at his job. No way should that alone determine if he stays.

Hiring the assistant coach off a failed staff doesn't usually work out well.

Plus, Orgeron bombed at Ole Miss. You really want to hire a guy who has never been successful as a HC anywhere? I guess.

That can't be true. USC was in contact with Sumlin's agent before the loss. Ogre wasn't getting that job. That's how he was on top of his raise and extension.

Grobe was a beast.
Knew he didn't have ur in him much longer when he renigged on the Arkansas job.

Did more with Less than ANYONE.

Good Lord I wanted to see him at Arkansas :smh:

:nthat: Coach Grobe

David Cutcliffe bombed at Ole Miss too and he's currently crushing it at Duke. Duke!?!

So you're content with being on the same level as Duke then??

Duke =/= USC. Duke is Duke. They can afford to hire a guy who flamed out at Ole Miss and give him his 2nd shot. USC is a top 5 job in the country they shouldn't be using the same hiring philosophy as Duke.

David Cutcliffe bombed at Ole Miss too and he's currently crushing it at Duke. Duke!?!

Duke =/= USC. Duke is Duke. They can afford to hire a guy who flamed out at Ole Miss and give him his 2nd shot. USC is a top 5 job in the country they shouldn't be using the same hiring philosophy as Duke.

Duke > USC this season

Duke > USC this season

Pointless comment is completely pointless and irrelevant.

Duke can hire a guy who flamed out at Ole Miss because it's freaking Duke. USC is a top 5 job and chooses from the pick of the litter of college coaches. Aka not hiring a guy who flamed out at Ole Miss.

Duke > USC this season

Pointless comment is completely pointless and irrelevant.

Duke can hire a guy who flamed out at Ole Miss because it's freaking Duke. USC is a top 5 job and chooses from the pick of the litter of college coaches. Aka not hiring a guy who flamed out at Ole Miss.

you responded with my pointless joke with a pointless comment.
I think everybody and their mom knows USC job > Duke job. Just making a joke because duke is ranked for the first time in a long time

Man, this season was too fast. Doesn't helped that I've blocked out the second half but jeez it flew by.

@InsideUSC: Ed Orgeron just departed #USC following emotional team meeting. He is applying for Wake Forest job, according to a source

Bombed? Coach of the year and the one losing season. Remember it was crazy that he got fired?

Bombed was the wrong word choice. But he got fired after going 4-7.

Which is besides the point. Orgeron may turn out to be a good HC, but he hasn't proven it thus far and USC is not the place to earn your stripes.

Back
Top Bottom