2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

If Ermon Lane takes an official to Athens...
happy.gif

You've gotta think USC didn't give Coach O the option to coach the bowl game, don't you?

God forbid he wins the thing and you put that much more unnecessary pressure on Sark.

You've gotta think USC didn't give Coach O the option to coach the bowl game, don't you?

God forbid he wins the thing and you put that much more unnecessary pressure on Sark.

I don't think our bowl game holds much weight at this point, now a win on Saturday would've put insane pressure on Haden to keep O

@InsideUSC: Ed Orgeron just departed #USC following emotional team meeting. He is applying for Wake Forest job, according to a source
Holy ****....I was dead *** about to post I hope he apply for the WF job and I see this 
nthat.gif
 ....would be a good hire imo

and nice post on Grobe Gunna.....not a WF fan but always been a fan of him....dude turned down plenty of jobs to stay at wake over the years...think he really loved the university/job and wanted it to be his last stop 

and imo I think O would've stayed on if USC made another hire but sark and his mediocre record being brought in probably made him feel slighted 

Last edited:
That can't be true. USC was in contact with Sumlin's agent before the loss. Ogre wasn't getting that job. That's how he was on top of his raise and extension.

Yeah I mean I'm just going based off what an SC insider was saying on the radio today (same guy that confirmed O's quitting.)

He said boosters, alums and students were pressuring Haden to consider Orgeron as the HC so much that it got to a point where if Orgeron had beaten UCLA and finished the season on a 6 game win streak Haden would almost have had to keep him on as the coach even though he didn't want to.  Him not only losing but pretty much getting outcoached gave Haden the opening he needed to go in a different direction like he and the administration wanted to.

They wanted to move away from the CLK era, and also felt like O isn't really that good of a coach yet.

Once the UCLA loss happened they were hoping to lock down Sumlin (with a big $ contract) but he had used the fact that he was "seriously" considering SC as leverage to negotiate an extension with A&M.

No idea if Sumlin would have ever really come to USC or if they ever thought they had a realistic shot at Petersen or were even seriously considering Franklin.

I know Sarkisian's people were reported to have put out feelers back when CLK was fired but Sark denied it and Haden made it seem like he wasn't on the radar.  Some people are angry because they think it may have been Sark the whole way and all the other names were courtesy calls and shots in the dark.

(this is the most i've ever posted in this thread in one day.)

(well except for the keef roast.)

Last edited:
If they looked at numbers Allen Hurns would have been over Rashad Green in the 1st team.

Tracy Howard should have been there as well. Our only other good defensive player.

I agree with Hurns...Think he should have been over Crowder though...Not 100% on Tracy Howard since I haven't watched all of Miami's games

Fresh off his official visit to florida, WR Ryan Sousa flipped his commitment from FSU to uf

Figured that....Called that last month...think Jojo Robinson will flip also....FSU cooling off until after the title game...could have around 10 schollys available :smokin

FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop 50m At UW, word working its way through the coaches tonight is that Woodward is meeting with Jim Mora. Expect a yes or no soon (prob tomorrow)

everything is going hyper speed out here :lol:

Back
Top Bottom