2013 Lexus LS 460 F-Sport

Actually just because they share a few parts here and there doesn't mean it is a "spin-off". As you said, the ES is the Camry version of Lexus. This new GS350 has an all-new chassis, RWD and drives nothing like a Camry.
And I am not expert but how does the RX have a modified Camry frame? Really curious about that one as it's weird to see a car frame be modified for an SUV.
Spin-off and counter-part are two different things. (i.e. The show Friends. When that show ended, they produced a spin-off called Joey or something like that. Meaning, they took one character from Friends and made a different show. They didn't take the whole cast and put them in the new show. Just one character. #No Romo) The ES is essentially the counter-part of a Camry while the GS is a spin-off of a Camry. The term can be used loosely, but I was under the impression that he was implying that the GS utilized substantial parts from a Camry and in this case, they have. Camrys aren't too shabby so it's not really degrading the GS, but rather denoting that they can use a quality frame/chassis & drive-train that is tested and proven...

The RX uses the Camry's front platform while the rear contains it's own double-wishbone suspension. Thus, you have your modified Camry platform. You'd be surprised just how much the Camry is used in other models...

It is moot because we are saying "what if Lexus didn't have a natural disaster" and obviously they did. so we'll never know how it would have all turned out.
Again if Lexus' estimate were correct and they got half of the sales they may have lost to BMW/MB then they would have won. But again we will never know so the discussion is moot.
Again. Their main sales, almost 50%, are in the hands of the RX. (Most RXs are made in Canada.) RX sales dropped by 14% last year. Do you know what Lexus' overall drop was from the previous year? 14%. Interesting...

No one is arguing that what happened in Japan didn't affect their sales, but it definitely didn't dictate why they lost in sales overall. Seems like you can't let that soak in. Their current line-up is losing it's appeal and sales are showing that. Factor the natural disasters in or factor them out, Lexus still wouldn't have won. What did they exactly promote or release last year to have them entitled to a similar or even greater year as it's previous yearly sales? NOTHING...

So yet again. It's not moot when facts and professional opinions tend to dictate the outcome...

Edit: I think the saddest part is that I'm writing so many paragraphs and that there are actually notable facts & articles that can contend with what I've said, but you're not using your resources correctly. Too easy...

Last edited:
IDK man...Lexus's balance of Luxury x Styling x Performance x Resale Value x Reliability just does it for me.

If I was filthy rich I would throw my money at AMG or M-Technik but since I'm a just a regular young dude on the come up... Lexus is it for me.

A company less than 25 years old is going toe to toe with companies that are a hundred years old...that in itself says a lot.

Lol my man posted key fobs as if that qualified him to having a superior opinion
I posted key fobs to denote that I'm not a BMW fanboy or stan as stated by RFX45. There are BMW models that I would never touch and I'd gladly buy from other companies...

IDK man...Lexus's balance of Luxury x Styling x Performance x Resale Value x Reliability just does it for me.
If I was filthy rich I would throw my money at AMG or M-Technik but since I'm a just a regular young dude on the come up... Lexus is it for me.
Lexus is still legit'. It's just they have to go back to the drawing board...

p.s. I'm also a regular dude...

A company less than 25 years old is going toe to toe with companies that are a hundred years old...that in itself says a lot.
Certainly, but there's a reason why BMW, MB, etc. have been around for so long. Not knocking Lexus, but if they don't up their game soon, they can suffer the same fate as Acura and hit a peak. But you're right, they're the only Japanese-based brand taking on the luxury European market. That's a good thing...

You taking what I said out of context or maybe I typed it wrong or you misunderstood..
But M=AMG, no?
Both are the Elite performance brands for both respective companies, right?
That all I was basically saying man
You can't compare a 760 to a S65 , that ******* foolish.
Hell no!

AMG and BMW M have very different philosophies. BMW M has more of a sport heritage while AMG focuses on comfort & practicality to go along with performance. While one is more true to it's roots, the other still adapts those qualities, but to a lesser extent offering a more relaxed approach. Thus, why you see BMW Ms typically with manual transmissions and semi-auto/dual-clutch transmissions. AMG primarily uses automatic transmissions and I don't think I've ever seen a manual AMG. I know they produced a few in the 80s..

AMG Hammer ..

Regardless .. they are basically the same Thing in the general public eyes ..

High end Special edt. versions of their Regular cars ..

They're in the same class , they do compete with each other ..

E63 vs M5 , C63 vs M3

they just both take different paths

5jv1gp.jpg

mil8av.jpg

34e2f5x.jpg

121u9zr.jpg

vo21le.jpg

2lld2cg.jpg

wk1gg.jpg

21euwt0.jpg

30viss5.jpg

nxnk94.jpg