2013 Lexus LS 460 F-Sport

I'm just gonna say this, people either like European or Japanese, but to all the Beemer Fanboys, please don't try to hi-jack a Lex Thread, with these overrated, still got orange back lights on the dash, making smaller versions, high maintenance gas guzzlers............

M6, 760, M5, X6= Only Beemers not in the projects........... :tongue:

roll.gif
indifferent.gif
dont worry about me champ. I know far more about German cars than you do. BMW sucks now. That's all you need to know.
I'm just wondering what makes you know more about Germany cars than me... Obviously I don't know you but judging by the comment..BMW sucks now...would make you look like you still have NO idea what your talking about. If you have some support I'd like to hear it. But without support......BMW still #1 luxury car brand in the world.

Last edited:
^

If anything, hes referring to how the new 5 series isnt up to par with the last (handling/precision wise) and thus making a generalization that BMW's are starting to "suck".

Or the opinion that BMW's design are going downhill.

^

If anything, hes referring to how the new 5 series isnt up to par with the last (handling/precision wise) and thus making a generalization that BMW's are starting to "suck".

Or the opinion that BMW's design are going downhill.

Thank you for understanding. Not to mention the new 5 series is a porker (i think it weighs more or around the same as the A6 which has AWD) and designed on a shortened 7 series platform as opposes to an extended 3 series platform which makes it drive like a boat.

As far as being the number 1 luxury brand in the world, its because they sell/lease so many 3 series. When you go up to the real luxury cars like the S-class vs the 7 series, the S-class is king. All other companies wait to see what Mercedes will do when bringing out a new S-Class because it's the class leader. The S-class IS luxury. The S-class also outsells the 7 series. BMW doesnt even make M versions of the 7 series, while Mercedes makes 2 AMG versions of the S-class. Why? Because nobody will spend 200 grand on a regular bmw (if they make some supercar maybe they can price is at 200k). They cant compete in that market because they dont have the name Mercedes has. BMW doesnt even make a mercedes CL or SL competitor, let alone AMG versions. Dont say the 6 series because that slots in under the 7 series. Why? Because BMW cant compete in that market. Not to mention you have mercedes making the SLS and SL Black series and SLR which are all at or well over 200 grand. You know by now why BMW wont make cars like that.

Also, Mercedes made an SUV first (out of the German car companies), BMW followed. Mercedes made the CLS 4 door coupe, BMW followed. They are the leader regarding German car companies.

So yes, by overall sales, BMW is the number 1 luxury car brand in the world. But when it comes to real luxury, brand cache, being able to sell cars with 200K price tags and selling the most cars in the high end luxury segment, Mercedes is the best German car company to this day (arguably the best car company ever).

Last edited:
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
dont worry about me champ. I know far more about German cars than you do. BMW sucks now. That's all you need to know.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

how much do you "exactly" know?

the fact that they ARE the standard of the sport luxury car? that they also manufacturer rolls royce? that even toyota wants to collab with them to make a sports hybrid car? Every model since the E34/E30/E38 has been THE benchmark. have you seen the new 328i engine? its now a direct enjected 4banger with a turbo putting out 240HP and 260lb of torque and thats UNDERRATED according to the dyno. oh and it gets like 35mpg.

i'll worry about you champ.
indifferent.gif

Thank you for understanding. Not to mention the new 5 series is a porker (i think it weighs more or around the same as the A6 which has AWD) and designed on a shortened 7 series platform as opposes to an extended 3 series platform which makes it drive like a boat.
As far as being the number 1 luxury brand in the world, its because they sell/lease so many 3 series. When you go up to the real luxury cars like the S-class vs the 7 series, the S-class is king. All other companies wait to see what Mercedes will do when bringing out a new S-Class because it's the class leader. The S-class IS luxury. The S-class also outsells the 7 series. BMW doesnt even make M versions of the 7 series, while Mercedes makes 2 AMG versions of the S-class. Why? Because nobody will spend 200 grand on a regular bmw (if they make some supercar maybe they can price is at 200k). They cant compete in that market because they dont have the name Mercedes has. BMW doesnt even make a mercedes CL or SL competitor, let alone AMG versions. Dont say the 6 series because that slots in under the 7 series. Why? Because BMW cant compete in that market. Not to mention you have mercedes making the SLS and SL Black series and SLR which are all at or well over 200 grand. You know by now why BMW wont make cars like that.
Also, Mercedes made an SUV first (out of the German car companies), BMW followed. Mercedes made the CLS 4 door coupe, BMW followed. They are the leader regarding German car companies.
So yes, by overall sales, BMW is the number 1 luxury car brand in the world. But when it comes to real luxury, brand cache, being able to sell cars with 200K price tags and selling the most cars in the high end luxury segment, Mercedes is the best German car company to this day (arguably the best car company ever).
1.) BMW doesnt need an AMG version of the 7 series, they have the 760 model which has similar performance. Yes, BMW does indeed make a v12 twin turbo.

2.) Mercedes hired the man who designed the 7 series to work for them.

3.) Mercedes also uses the same parts as chrysler. Nuff said.

4.) Mercedes has always been about the glamour and the beautiful v8 sounds (especially from their 6.2's and older supercharged 5's. But never race an AMG on a track. They arent meant for it. BMW has been the standard for sports sedans.

5.) How is a 6 series a 7 series? Wtf? A 6 series is its own car. If anything, its closer to the 5 than the 7. Look up the statistics of the F12 M6 and you'll be surprised its actually faster than the F10 M5.

6. Why does BMW need cars over 200 grand? What option does it not fulfill? BMW has the fastest SUV's in the world, in the X5 M and X6 M, and they also manufacturer Rolls Royce.. which im pretty sure is over 200K.

Not to mention the new 5 series is a porker (i think it weighs more or around the same as the A6 which has AWD) and designed on a shortened 7 series platform as opposes to an extended 3 series platform which makes it drive like a boat.

I am not a fan of big sedans (pretty much mids to full size to long wheelbase) but I have driven all the current 5-series outside of the new M5 and I must say, the car is impressive and it looks way better than the Bangle butt E60. Granted the F10 still needs the M-Sport body to look it's best but I find it miles better than the last gen. The 550i is a beast with it's V8 though and really as much love the E60 M5 has gotten, the M5 F10 is simply being deemed as the best car out there right now and after driving the 550i I can see where they are coming from. Still need to get behind the wheel of the new M5 though.

1.) BMW doesnt need an AMG version of the 7 series, they have the 760 model which has similar performance. Yes, BMW does indeed make a v12 twin turbo.
4.) Mercedes has always been about the glamour and the beautiful v8 sounds (especially from their 6.2's and older supercharged 5's. But never race an AMG on a track. They arent meant for it. BMW has been the standard for sports sedans.
5.) How is a 6 series a 7 series? Wtf? A 6 series is its own car. If anything, its closer to the 5 than the 7. Look up the statistics of the F12 M6 and you'll be surprised its actually faster than the F10 M5.
6. Why does BMW need cars over 200 grand? What option does it not fulfill? BMW has the fastest SUV's in the world, in the X5 M and X6 M, and they also manufacturer Rolls Royce.. which im pretty sure is over 200K.

1) I know they make a twin turbo v12. They only make a v12 because Mercedes makes it and no a 760 is nowhere near as close in performance to an S65. Stop kidding yourself

2) Hopefully they dont allow him to make it ugly like the 7 series. Also, there were probably instances where BMW has hired Mercedes employees. What does this prove?

3) What chrysler part is being used in the S class? or SL? or CL? Did you know that BMW used to use GM automatic transmissions? What's your point? If the parts dont affect the quality or cant even be noticed, how is this a problem? Also, I know chrysler has used mercedes parts, unsure what mercedes used chrysler parts. Not saying they havent, but I dont know which ones especially after Mercedes distanced themselves from Chrysler after the backlash they got during the early/mid 2000s for those models and the drop in quality they had.

4) Go drive a c63 and tell me it's not capable on a track. 99% of people dont track any of these cars and if you wanted a dedicated track car you wouldnt be looking at bmw or mercedes. BMW is not the undisputed king it once was in the sport sedan arena. Their regular 3 series may still be though, that I wont take away.

5) When did I say a 6 series is a 7 series? I said it's slotted below the 7 series. I have no clue what youre talking about here.

6) BMW needed to purchase rolls-royce because thats the only way they could sell a car in that price range because they dont have the status/brand cache. Also, youre asking why they need to sell cars over 200 grand, but yet they bought rolls-royce to get into that market. Obviously they disagree with you. The discussion was on being the number 1 luxury car company, but yet they cant price things near what mercedes does or even sell competitors to the SL and CL class because nobody will buy them.

I dont know what the fastest SUV has to do with anything either

Last edited:
I am not a fan of big sedans (pretty much mids to full size to long wheelbase) but I have driven all the current 5-series outside of the new M5 and I must say, the car is impressive and it looks way better than the Bangle butt E60. Granted the F10 still needs the M-Sport body to look it's best but I find it miles better than the last gen. The 550i is a beast with it's V8 though and really as much love the E60 M5 has gotten, the M5 F10 is simply being deemed as the best car out there right now and after driving the 550i I can see where they are coming from. Still need to get behind the wheel of the new M5 though.

I agree with you that the F10 is far better looking, it looks like a proper BMW. The e60 was hideous. Ive only briefly driven a 535i and it definitely did not feel as light on its feet like the old 5 series used to feel. The 550i im sure has enough juice to move, it's just that BMWs used to always drive/feel smaller than they actually were and I dont feel that's the case anymore. You should go drive an e63. Talk about a fun beast to drive. My friend has a v10 S6 and while it's definitely quick, it doesnt feel as beastly as the e63. You just have a big grin on your face when you drive that car.

The nose of the 3 series however....yuck. Looks atrocious with that grill. How it drives? I couldnt tell you.

Last edited:
Agree, I don't like the F30s new front with the headlights and how the hood is designed. I also do not like how big it is now, even if they claim to be lighter than the last gen.

If you think the 535i is sluggish, you should feel the 528i with the 4cyl turbo. It's not slow but for the weight and size of the car, it won't get you too excited either.

LMAO

you don't know what youre talking about ..

Sit down sir .

BMW M770i is the prequel to the M7 .. It's coming believe that

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/bmw/2015-bmw-m770i-xdrive-ar132339.html

There BMW who want a 7 series to compete with atleast the S63 .. that's why the Alpina B7 is so popular

Last edited:
1) I know they make a twin turbo v12. They only make a v12 because Mercedes makes it and no a 760 is nowhere near as close in performance to an S65. Stop kidding yourself
2) Hopefully they dont allow him to make it ugly like the 7 series. Also, there were probably instances where BMW has hired Mercedes employees. What does this prove?
3) What chrysler part is being used in the S class? or SL? or CL? Did you know that BMW used to use GM automatic transmissions? What's your point? If the parts dont affect the quality or cant even be noticed, how is this a problem? Also, I know chrysler has used mercedes parts, unsure what mercedes used chrysler parts. Not saying they havent, but I dont know which ones especially after Mercedes distanced themselves from Chrysler after the backlash they got during the early/mid 2000s for those models and the drop in quality they had.
4) Go drive a c63 and tell me it's not capable on a track. 99% of people dont track any of these cars and if you wanted a dedicated track car you wouldnt be looking at bmw or mercedes. BMW is not the undisputed king it once was in the sport sedan arena. Their regular 3 series may still be though, that I wont take away.
5) When did I say a 6 series is a 7 series? I said it's slotted below the 7 series. I have no clue what youre talking about here.
6) BMW needed to purchase rolls-royce because thats the only way they could sell a car in that price range because they dont have the status/brand cache. Also, youre asking why they need to sell cars over 200 grand, but yet they bought rolls-royce to get into that market. Obviously they disagree with you. The discussion was on being the number 1 luxury car company, but yet they cant price things near what mercedes does or even sell competitors to the SL and CL class because nobody will buy them.
Great posts by you guys 
nthat.gif

Mercedes all the way !

I didn't even know BMW swag jacked the taillights of Lexus :lol: I thought Lexus bit off them, but wow I learned something new today

Last edited:
1) I never said the 760 was faster, I said it was similar performance. I know the S class takes the cake on this round. Here : http://allautos.blogspot.com/2012/02/comparison-between-mercedes-benz-w221.html

2.) Not trying to prove anything, just saying that if you think the 7 series was ugly..well..hopefully he doesnt mess up your S class. (Even though I think the 7 series is a good looking car)

3.) I'm talking about mercedes in general, not just the high end models. I believe the ML chassis is shared with the jeep grand cherokee if im not mistaken? I might have to do more research. Sorry, im being biast. I just dont like associating anything high end with chrysler. And yes I know that BMW uses GM transmissions, but only their automatics I believe. And they are pretty good (and pretty much the only thing GM can make trouble-free).

4.) A car where you cant turn off TC is NOT a track car. And do they even offer manual transmissions in their AMG's? Mercedes are just too nose heavy and understeer too much. And you're right 99% of the people DONT track their car. But knowing my car CAN be tracked stock is a very good feeling, especially if I payed a buttload for it. The c63 can be capable, but not compared to an M3. You're nuts if you think so.

5.) Not sure what you mean by 'its slotted below'

6.) I'm saying the name of BMW isnt intended to be an all purpose car manufacturer. Just like how VW isnt going to make sports cars, they will let audi and lamborghini do it for them. And you were calling mercedes the 'leader' but its getting outperformed in almost every category. Especially SUV's. The only one mercedes will beat BMW is the 7 series and the 5 series is debatable.

Bonus: Oh and yeah BMW copied the ML with the x5. Same can be said with the GLK copying the x3? And the c class coupe vs the e92?
glasses.gif
. Not tryna be a ****, just having a debate.
LMAO
Sit down sir .
There BMW who want a 7 series to compete with atleast the S63 .. that's why the Alpina B7 is so popular
Lol, you're bringing up a car that isnt even in production yet. Oh and if you actually read the article that YOU linked, it actually says itself "The upcoming M770i xDrive will be powered by a 4.0-liter twin-turbo V-8 that will deliver a total of 475 HP and 480 lb-ft of torque. This strikes us as an odd decision considering the 760Li is powered by a 570 HP V12 engine."

I'm debating with the dude that the 760 IS the performance variant of the 7 series.

Oh, and 760 > B7.

http://www.fastestlaps.com/comparisons/alpina_b7_biturbo-vs-bmw_760i.html

Yeah, I'll remain standing.

1)Just because Mercedes makes cars that are "better" than BMWs doesn't mean that BMW doesn't also make cars that are "better" than Mercedes

2) BMW doesn't make cars to compete with the 200k Mercedes because they do not need to. BMW has always done well with the classic lineup of cars they have had for the last 20 years. the 3, 5, and 7.

3) The S class may lead in front of the 7 series, but the 3 series is LIGHT YEARS ahead of the C class (and any other car in the class for that matter).

4) BMW and Mercedes may be competitors but both companies stand for something completely different. BMW focusing on luxury cars with a sporty feel. Mercedes with luxury cars with luxury feel. 

5) The M division CRUSHES the AMG division. ///M>AMG

1) I never said the 760 was faster, I said it was similar performance. I know the S class takes the cake on this round. Here : http://allautos.blogspot.com/2012/02/comparison-between-mercedes-benz-w221.html

2.) Not trying to prove anything, just saying that if you think the 7 series was ugly..well..hopefully he doesnt mess up your S class. (Even though I think the 7 series is a good looking car)

3.) I'm talking about mercedes in general, not just the high end models. I believe the ML chassis is shared with the jeep grand cherokee if im not mistaken? I might have to do more research. Sorry, im being biast. I just dont like associating anything high end with chrysler. And yes I know that BMW uses GM transmissions, but only their automatics I believe. And they are pretty good (and pretty much the only thing GM can make trouble-free).

4.) A car where you cant turn off TC is NOT a track car. And do they even offer manual transmissions in their AMG's? Mercedes are just too nose heavy and understeer too much. And you're right 99% of the people DONT track their car. But knowing my car CAN be tracked stock is a very good feeling, especially if I payed a buttload for it. The c63 can be capable, but not compared to an M3. You're nuts if you think so.

6.) I'm saying the name of BMW isnt intended to be an all purpose car manufacturer. Just like how VW isnt going to make sports cars, they will let audi and lamborghini do it for them. And you were calling mercedes the 'leader' but its getting outperformed in almost every category. Especially SUV's. The only one mercedes will beat BMW is the 7 series and the 5 series is debatable.

Bonus: Oh and yeah BMW copied the ML with the x5. Same can be said with the GLK copying the x3? And the c class coupe vs the e92?
glasses.gif
. Not tryna be a ****, just having a debate.

Lol, you're bringing up a car that isnt even in production yet. Oh and if you actually read the article that YOU linked, it actually says itself "The upcoming M770i xDrive will be powered by a 4.0-liter twin-turbo V-8 that will deliver a total of 475 HP and 480 lb-ft of torque. This strikes us as an odd decision considering the 760Li is powered by a 570 HP V12 engine."

I'm debating with the dude that the 760 IS the performance variant of the 7 series.

Oh, and 760 > B7.

glasses.gif

Bonus: Oh and yeah BMW copied the ML with the x5. Same can be said with the GLK copying the x3? And the c class coupe vs the e92? 8) . Not tryna be a ****, just having a debate.
LMAO

Sit down sir .

Oh, and 760 > B7.

I said it's coming ..

And the 760 is not the the performace version of the 7 ..

It's made to compete with the S 600 .. not the S63 or 65

The make M series cars to compete AMG ..

Also the M770i will be 450 lbs lighter and have way different handling dynamics than a regular 7 , but you read that right?

It's to hold people over til they produce M7 ..

I said it's coming ..
And the 760 is not the the performace version of the 7 ..
It's made to compete with the S 600 .. not the S63 or 65
Also the M770i will be 450 lbs lighter and have way different handling dynamics than a regular 7 , but you read that right?
It's to hold people over til they produce M7 ..
I hope they don't come out with an M7 honestly. The current lineup perfect the way it is.

The S-class is by far and away the leader of that class of vehicles. There is really no debate about that IMO.

All of the other classes can be debated endlessly. BMW sells/leases more 3 series vs Mercedes C class...does that make it better? not necessarily, but i feel like there's really no clear cut winner. you can argue back and forth, but you're not going to change each others minds and you're not going to win.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with this M Power vs AMG debate when the new M3 and C63 (or whatever the C class AMG is) come out since the M3 will be going to an inline 6 cylinder whereas the AMG is rumored to have a 5.5 liter turbocharged v8. i feel like BMW's M brand has been around for a lot longer than the push Mercedes has given the AMG brand in the past generation which is why more people are likely to favor the M.

:rofl: :stoneface: dont worry about me champ. I know far more about German cars than you do. BMW sucks now. That's all you need to know.
You may know far more about German cars than that guy, but I'll go ahead and step up to the plate...

1. BMW actually made a V12 first in 1986 and it took Mercedes-Benz 5-years to come out with something competitive...

2. That's your personal opinion. I'm amazed at every 7-series I see. However, that's beside the point. You turned a notable fact into your view and how you see them. Despite your view, the point was that MB had to utilize/steal the services of a BMW designer(Karim Habib) to compete with BMW directly. Regardless, I believe their increased sales of +/-20% of the 7-series alone speak for themselves. Do you know where Habib is currently working? Yup! BMW...

3. Apples & Oranges. MB & Chrysler share much more than BMW & GM. MB & Chrysler share(d) everything from electronics, chassis and even suspension components for the sake of saving money and not having to use more resources. If there's no difference in quality, do you own a Chrysler then? You know what BMW used from GM? They use(d) them for their Hydra-Matic transmissions which are far and above one of the best transmissions in the world. Who has and/or is still currently using them? Cadillac, Bentley, Rolls-Royce,etc.

4. You pick the C63 out of all MB has to offer? Really? It's competitor is simply the E92 M3 and that has always beat it in dozens of reviews. Don't get me wrong, the C63 is a fine automobile, but you could've provided a better example especially if you're talking track performance...

5. I don't know what you're arguing here. 6-series and 7-series are completely different even with the Gran Coupe...

6. BMW didn't need to purchase Rolls-Royce. It was a declining company because the ratio of production-to-sales was not enough to keep that company afloat on it's own. They put themselves up for auction because they had to. Not because BMW was seeking them. If you didn't have blinders on, you'd know that BMW is also an investment corporation. They purchased the Rover Group and that had nothing to do with competing with Mercedes or really anyone as there was no competition. They simply know how to make money and invest wisely. Mini was a part of Rover and sales have continually increased after BMW's takeover. Guess what. So have Rolls-Royces #s as well. Want to know why MB didn't bid on Rolls-Royce? It's because they thought they could compete with their own segment of equally luxurious vehicles. Fast forward and that ended up being Maybach. Do you know which of the two are being discontinued? I do...

Honestly, it just looks like you're stuck on some tangent that BMW has been following MB while facts state otherwise...

Edit: Repositioned as to not be such a large wall of text...

Last edited:
The amount of misinformation in this thread is hilarious. I take it you either don't even own either make, are just simply clueless or both...

AMG was founded a few years before BMW Motorsport, but BMW M had much more ties to racing in the early 1960s than AMG as I believe they started in the late 1960s. Even then, neither were available for consumer purchase as they are both subsidiaries that were/are part of a racing program. If you want to talk about production for public purchase, BMW M came out with the first automobile (M1) in 1978 while MB came out with their first in (C36)1993. That's quite a large gap to be competing against one another wouldn't you say? AMG offered packages and upgrades prior to that, but they were never full-fledged AMG vehicles. Regardless, BMW M is still the former of the two...

Back
Top Bottom