2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

Truth. Just saying when I'm changin ownership and rebuilding I'm gettin Monta out of there ASAP anyway.

Report: Spurs Could Trade For Al Jefferson
Feb 06, 2013 3:46 PM EST

The San Antonio Spurs are the frontrunners to acquire Al Jefferson, according to a report.

Jefferson will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason and the Utah Jazz are unlikely to re-sign them.

“Those teams are practically incestuous, they are on such good terms internally,” one NBA source said.

Dennis Lindsey, current GM of the Jazz, is formerly of the Spurs' front office.

View media item 255252

^^^that trade benefits both, I'd try to keep Stephen Jackson tho, he plays good defense on durant.

Last edited:
I think that's a bad deal for S.A. They're going to need/want Stephen Jackson. Granted he's crazy, and I like Jefferson's ability to score at a high efficiency, but he doesn't draw gouls and is a terrible defender, especially in pick and roll.

Report: Spurs could trade for Al Jefferson.
Report: I could brush my teeth with Colgate tonight.
Report: Frostbite could cause Gonorreah.
Report: Samaki Walker could be a transvestite
Report: Jadakiss could be as hard as it gets.

Duncan and Jefferson wouldn't be that good of a front court.

17 ppg and 10 rpg from Al Jefferson, plus he's a scrappy hard nose player with Duncan at Center, that's big time. But the most important factor in all this is - Greg Pop, he'd make it work and excell.

17 ppg and 10 rpg from Al Jefferson, plus he's a scrappy hard nose player with Duncan at Center, that's big time. But the most important factor in all this is - Greg Pop, he'd make it work and excell.
But how does he fit into the team when he's a black hole? Their entire system is predicated on quick reads and ball movement, two things he doesn't do well.

Not to mention teams will just pick and roll Jefferson on defense because he is slow.

That's fine on the offensive side. They'll get destroyed on the other side with him playing the 4, he's too slow. Like PMatic said, they'll get PnR'ed :smile:lol) the entire game. He's too poor of a defender to make up for the offensive production on that team IMO.

Describe scrappy and hard nosed. He is like damn near last in fts drawn for centers who take as many shots as him.

I'd rather not see Splitter and Captn Jack go, but its for the greater good. I'm not understanding the "Duncan and Jefferson wont be a good front court" thing. I'm having a hard time thinking of one that would be better than that, and I doubt theres even three.

But how does he fit into the team when he's a black hole? Their entire system is predicated on quick reads and ball movement, two things he doesn't do well.

Not to mention teams will just pick and roll Jefferson on defense because he is slow.

Greg Pop, that's all I'm saying.

How do you think Nene would fit on the Spurs?

Do the Spurs have anyone else making a good chunk of money that's expendable?

How do you think Nene would fit on the Spurs?
Nene is a better fit than Jefferson, but the issue is the age and money committed to Nene. He's still good, but he's going to be 31 later this year and there are already visible signs of his decline like his lack of lift.

It would also mean dealing Jackson and Splitter. Jackson is expiring and the only SF on the team other than Leonard. Splitter is younger (28) and should be more reasonably paid than Nene this summer as a restricted free agent. Not to mention trading for Nene hurts the Spurs' flexibility this summer in re-signing Ginobili, Neal (?) and anyone else.
Do the Spurs have anyone else making a good chunk of money that's expendable?
Diaw at $4.5 million and Bonner at $3.6 million this season.

Back
Top Bottom