• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know we agree it's a bad deal, no worries there.

And I'm truly not worried about a quick fix, or what it may, or may not have cost, it's all speculative and whatever.

But they had no reason to sign it in November, without getting closer to seeing the market, plus having him re-injured immediately, just looked even more foolish and forced. We all saw what they were really trying to do.

To have someone say it NOW, that if affected nothing, after nothing actually happened, is just spinning. Good or bad, no matter or big deal, just spin. *shrugs*

damn nick, come on man. ****. hopefully he'll be ok by december so i can see him play

jokerplan.jpg

Not even a full week of training camp lol
So far we got X, The Swag, & Old man Nash

I believe we have a hex on us boys

@EricPincus Nick Young thought he had the day off but Scott told him nothing wrong with your legs - put Swaggy through conditioning drills
Mike Brown thinks Byron Scott is overdoing it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
I hope the plague of injuries stops soon mane

Why ?

You don't find this hilarious the players on your favorite team are getting injured ?

Laughing at your teams misery is the true essence of a fan bro , hopefully everyone including the coach gets hurt and we send them all to the D League so the fun can really begin. :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

If Kobe took less money it would've helped us ____________________

have more opportunities to sign better players between 2014 and 2016.

And maybe you could convince me how chances are low to pull some of those off. All those opportunities could still wind up dry, even with extra money to sign other players.

But it still doesn't justify the Kobe contract. The contract may not have been the direct reason why guys like Lebron signed elsewhere - I agree - but that still doesn't justify it.

The Lakers need the best chances and most opportunities to get good players. Kobe's dollar amount creates a limit. It may not be the main or only limit, but it does have an effect.

Last edited:
Man I just wanna watch everyone play healthy this year regardless of the record.

I need to get some kinda guage at where everyone is at skill wise so I can get some kinda idea how we can keep building this thing forward.

If Kobe took less money it would've helped us ____________________

have more opportunities to sign better players between 2014 and 2016.

And maybe you could convince me how chances are low to pull some of those off. All those opportunities could still wind up dry, even with extra money to sign other players.

But it still doesn't justify the Kobe contract. The contract may not have been the direct reason why guys like Lebron signed elsewhere - I agree - but that still doesn't justify it.

The Lakers need the best chances and most opportunities to get good players. Kobe's dollar amount puts a limit on them.

Do you see me justifying the Kobe contract ?

Point is the hinderance it caused the front office is being overblown and is just a generic talking point right now.

Dudes hear the same **** over and over and treat it as gospel when clearly it isn't that simple Kobe on the way out , no big name free agents were gonna sign with us anyway you even admitted it yourself.

Ok so the lakers need more money for more opportunities , so every player signed for the next two years should theoretically take a paycut not just one of greatest players in franchise history.

Can u name some players we missed out on ? Or we just gonna generalize until were blue in the face, lets get into some specifics I'm honestly curious.

Who you wanted ? Granger, Marion, Vince, Isiah I wanted but most said he was overpriced, Deng, Parsons ?

Do you see me justifying the Kobe contract ?

Yes, by trying to make it seem like guys have a problem just because they're being told:

Point is the hinderance it caused the front office is being overblown and is just a generic talking point right now.

Dudes hear the same **** over and over and treat it as gospel when clearly it isn't that simple Kobe on the way out , no big name free agents were gonna sign with us anyway you even admitted it yourself.

I'm sure dudes are rolling their eyes at seeing this convo again. But if anything, all the posts on this topic should prove it's more than just a talking point because writers like Tom Ziller (a KINGS blogger) are talking about it. I have a problem with it because I have a problem with it.

I'm keeping it general because that's all that's needed. The Lakers should not have spent money (giving it to Kobe in this case, for "what he's meant in the past" or whatever the reason may be) because they didn't have anyone better to spend it on. I don't need to name specific players they could've gotten instead to make that true, imo.

Just having more money creates better chances at building a good team. Even if they struck out on all those chances, that >>> needlessly giving the money to Kobe and not having those chances in the first place.

Now I think the Lakers overpaid Kobe. If you don't, this may not make sense.

Man :smh:

I said its a hindrance to the front office just not as big as people are making it out to be, they're not handcuffed in the least bit....they had room for another Max contract so obviously they had room for moves but nobody wanted to sign with us. What y'all expect space for 3 max players under the cap, be real.

When I say it's a talking point I mean it in the sense that it sounds good but there's no real substance to back it up, people have a problem with it but I still can't show exactly how it screwed us over. The fact you can't name a player we didn't get because of it proves there's no real meat on the bone imo.

I'm not speaking on whether he deserved his contract, I would honestly like to know upon further review exactly what his contract stopped us from doing.

I mean off the bat I could see some folks having issues with it, but now that we've had time to sit back and watch it unfold did it really put us in a bad spot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom