2014 NBA Draft Thread

Who's better?

I'll wait.

Edit: Just saw your list.
laugh.gif

As if Chamberlain and Russell had to guard dudes like Shaq.

Hakeem is the one I'll give you, Kareem, na.
You cannot blame Chamberlain and Russell for their eras. They were still better defenders than Wallace. You'll give me Olajuwon? Yeah right at giving me him. Mutombo was a better defender than Wallace and I don't even need to get into that. I didn't list Rodman and he was a better defender than Wallace as well. No Kareem? You must be young.

No Rodman was not better, I'm not blaming the legends for their era but to say they were better is stupid.

Ben Wallace was the best defender at the time when the league had the most talent, point blank.

Dikembe and Hakeem are the only relevant names you listed, you missed Duncan too.

I'm not getting into the debate, but rodman could legit defend 4 positions. Probably all 5 of them.

Ben could as well, Rodman had nowhere near Wallace shot blocking and help defense ability. I wouldn't consider him better on ball against elite bigs either. Only thing he does better than Wallace is rebound.

No Rodman was not better, I'm not blaming the legends for their era but to say they were better is stupid.

Ben Wallace was the best defender at the time when the league had the most talent, point blank.

Dikembe and Hakeem are the only relevant names you listed, you missed Duncan too.
For you to say the legends were not better is stupid. Chamberlain and Russell were monsters on the defensive end.

Ben Wallace was the best defender at the time when the league had the most talent point blank? WHAT? Like I said you must be young.

Should that be the case, that applies to Rodman. He was the best defender bar none when the league had the most talent, point blank.

roll.gif
at Mutombo and Hakeem being the only relevant names. Where on God's green Earth will Chamberlain and Russell never be relevant?

I didn't miss Duncan. I believe Wallace was a better defender.

You think there was more talent in the league during Rodman time then now? Ok convo done.

You keep saying I must be young, but that tells me you must be old, word to your s/n.

This is the draft thread anyway so I'm done trying to show you the light, keep that nostalgia alive pimp.

Ben could as well, Rodman had nowhere near Wallace shot blocking and help defense ability. I wouldn't consider him better on ball against elite bigs either. Only thing he does better than Wallace is rebound.
Nowhere near? Nonsense. Wallace was a better shot blocker, that's a given. He was better on ball than against elite bigs than Wallace. Rodman was in the big men

era. Rodman played the passing lane better as well. Add to the fact he like Jordan's size monsterin' fools.

I'm not getting into the debate, but rodman could legit defend 4 positions. Probably all 5 of them.

I'm speaking in terms of a matchup for an entire game, not just switching on a possession. I don't think Ben could do it. Of course with him being a shot blocker, it wouldn't make sense to have him on the perimeter.

You cannot blame Chamberlain and Russell for their eras. They were still better defenders than Wallace. You'll give me Olajuwon? Yeah right at giving me him. Mutombo was a better defender than Wallace and I don't even need to get into that. I didn't list Rodman and he was a better defender than Wallace as well. No Kareem? You must be young.

They played in the worst era talent wise in nba history, yes you can blame their era, you just giving russ & wilt the benefit of the doubt because theyre "all time greats"

Wallace was a 6'7 center controlling the paint on one of the best defensive teams of all time

dudes are still hyped on favors? he has been in the league 4 years, i know he is what 22/23, but still at this point he is who he is, maybe one mor eyear to develop, but he is not going to be a game changer

You think there was more talent in the league during Rodman time then now? Ok convo done.

You keep saying I must be young, but that tells me you must be old, word to your s/n.

This is the draft thread anyway so I'm done trying to show you the light, keep that nostalgia alive pimp.
Yes you must be young. I know you are. Me? I'll be 34 in August. You? Yes there was more talent in the league during Rodman's era.

Jordan/Bird/Magic/Barkley/Ewing/McHale/Malone/Robinson/Duncan/Kemp/Wilkins/Bryant/O'Neal/etc. Need I go on? The teams were better too.

It's a fact (facts cannot be debated) that there was more talent in the league during's Rodman's stint than Wallace.

I'm not eem trying to keep nostalgia alive. That Wallace was a top 5 defender ever was just straight ignorant.
laugh.gif
at trying to show me the light. Rock on awwsome!

They played in the worst era talent wise in nba history, yes you can blame their era, you just giving russ & wilt the benefit of the doubt because theyre "all time greats"

Wallace was a 6'7 center controlling the paint on one of the best defensive teams of all time
I'm not giving them love just because they're one of the best. Should you want to blame their era, you cannot blame them then. They put it down regardless.

Also, Ben Wallace wasn't 6'7. I believe he was taller than that off of memory. Rodman was that size and only weighed about 212 lbs. He was a lockdown dude

for sure. Once again, I'm not discrediting Big Ben by any means. He's just not a top 5 defender of all time.

You get nerlens Noel and joel embiid 100% heathly and on the floor together how do they work together on offense ?

Back
Top Bottom