2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
The top FAs get signed to the biggest markets anyway and we have a pretty good chance to get one. Just like a depleted Lakers team. Its a cycle.

Melo's prime is different. His skill set is useful for a while. Sure his rebounding numbers might go down but he'll be able to average 20+ until he gets a serious injury.

All he has to do is look over at his best friend Lebron. You need offensive players you can rely on and a deep bench. Bulls have neither.

Interesting, except the top FA haven't been clamoring to the big markets, lately. I mean Dwight just walked away from $30 mil extra to go to a smaller market. The last big free agent that I can remember going to a big market is Shaq.

You don't think carrying a bum squad will lead one to be more susceptible to injury. See him tearing his labrum this year or Kobe tearing his Achilles.

It's good to have hope, but I don't think Phil is going to be able to wave a magic wand and get rid of JR Smith's deal, or evaporate Calderon's deal from the books. They have 15 mil committed to just those two players alone if JR picks up his player option, not even taking into account them picking up THJR and Shane Larkin's option. I'm going to assume they don't match whatever Shump gets. You add a Melo max deal of 24 mil and that's 39 already or 37 if Phil declines those other two guys. Enough room for 1 max guy and maybe a supplemental piece.

That's not much better than Chicago in 2015.

Dwight didn't walk away from more money.

I remember reading about Scottie pippen getting signed with the rockets in the 90's. READING ABOUT IT IN THE NEWSPAPER :lol: crazy man

I remember when they invented newspaper.

Used to follow George Mikan contract status every morning.

*Random S&Ter jokes that aren't funny*

:lol:

OH MY GOD

Broussard did it again
roll.gif
roll.gif

Gilbert tweet the news out himself
laugh.gif
If he wanted to tweet the news and be okay in your eyes, how should his tweet have read?
Just a retweet or what?
Just a retweet, or at least cite Gilbert's tweet
He did tweet this news this morning though. Why not bash Wojnarowki for tweeting it now and not citing a source then? Just curious why it's any different than what Broussard is doing

The top FAs get signed to the biggest markets anyway and we have a pretty good chance to get one. Just like a depleted Lakers team. Its a cycle.

Melo's prime is different. His skill set is useful for a while. Sure his rebounding numbers might go down but he'll be able to average 20+ until he gets a serious injury.

All he has to do is look over at his best friend Lebron. You need offensive players you can rely on and a deep bench. Bulls have neither.
Interesting, except the top FA haven't been clamoring to the big markets, lately. I mean Dwight just walked away from $30 mil extra to go to a smaller market. The last big free agent that I can remember going to a big market is Shaq.

Nah.

OH MY GOD

Broussard did it again
roll.gif
roll.gif

Gilbert tweet the news out himself
laugh.gif
If he wanted to tweet the news and be okay in your eyes, how should his tweet have read?
Just a retweet or what?
He did tweet this news this morning though. Why not bash Wojnarowki for tweeting it now and not citing a source then? Just curious why it's any different than what Broussard is doing
Ok Chris Jr.

CHRIS BROUSSARD CITED HIS "SOURCES" ON KYRIE IRVING SIGNING THE EXTENSION.

DAN GILBERT HIMSELF TWEETED 15 MINUTES PRIOR, THAT HE SIGNED KYRIE.

I could give 2 cares one way or the other. It's just I see a lot of people drop news like this

Source: blah blah blah, or maybe I don't lemme look

Technically, he did leave some millions on the table even with the tax difference, but neither will Melo if he leaves New York due to the tax situation. Makes even more sense for him to go to the Bulls now where he'll be on a contender instead of waiting for the Knicks to maybe add somebody.

You don't think carrying a bum squad will lead one to be more susceptible to injury. See him tearing his labrum this year or Kobe tearing his Achilles.

It's good to have hope, but I don't think Phil is going to be able to wave a magic wand and get rid of JR Smith's deal, or evaporate Calderon's deal from the books. They have 15 mil committed to just those two players alone if JR picks up his player option, not even taking into account them picking up THJR and Shane Larkin's option. I'm going to assume they don't match whatever Shump gets. You add a Melo max deal of 24 mil and that's 39 already or 37 if Phil declines those other two guys. Enough room for 1 max guy and maybe a supplemental piece.

That's not much better than Chicago in 2015.

Dwight was treated like a straight b**** in Laker land. No one wanted him there and all the blame was put on him. Miami's big 3 ****** everything up too.

Caldo was risky I'd admit. Phil's thinking is that he can get Pau and Marc because of the Spaniard connection. For 7 mill he might be worth it looking at how much these PGs are getting. Very risky move though.

Last edited:

OH MY GOD

Broussard did it again :rofl: :rofl:

Gilbert tweet the news out himself :lol:

View media item 1055012

Just a retweet or what?
because the tweets came out at the very same moment and Woj's following tweets directly quotes Irving's agent, so it's safe to say that he did have some communication from Irving's camp.

View media item 1055040
View media item 1055041

I don't think Melo will sign to Chicago.

Doesn't even seem like Rose wants him there. Maybe what he said was taken outta context but it came across the wrong way

Technically, he did leave some millions on the table even with the tax difference, but neither will Melo if he leaves New York due to the tax situation. Makes even more sense for him to go to the Bulls now where he'll be on a contender instead of waiting for the Knicks to maybe add somebody.

I thought so too.

A Laker fan corrected me posted a chart that showed the difference.

He is bringing home more in Houston than if he stayed in LA

kyrie has missed 65 games in 3 seasons.

Kyrie signed pretty quick. I wonder how many of those unhappy Kyrie stories were even true.

$90 millon changes a lot when your a kid.

he has done nothing IMO to show hes worth $90 mill

You're not paying Kyrie for his past. You're paying him for the future of talent he brings to the table.

You guys really surprised at the fact that an All-Star MVP at 21 years old isn't qualified for a Max contract? And than all of this:

2× NBA All-Star (2013–2014)
NBA All-Star Game MVP (2014)
NBA Rookie of the Year (2012)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (2012)
NBA Three-Point Shootout champion (2013)
NBA Rising Stars Challenge MVP (2012)

:lol: at these haters man.

View media item 1055042

AT funny thing is that in every interview I watched NBA players say that contracts are given to you based on WHAT YOU DID. Not WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO.

Very happy Kyrie re-signed. He's a fantastic talent and I really just hope he stays healthy and continues to have a great career.

Now I can't wait to see who else we being in. Would love Ariza or Parsons while the Rockets chase melo. Not holding my breath tho

Whos hating? :lol:

im not like most of these other dudes on here who bash everything that resides in the state of Ohio

Very happy Kyrie re-signed. He's a fantastic talent and I really just hope he stays healthy and continues to have a great career.

Now I can't wait to see who else we being in. Would love Ariza or Parsons while the Rockets chase melo. Not holding my breath tho

First need to re-sign Hawes though... Then we'll see who else the team brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom