2016 Houston Rockets Pre-Season Thread - Preseason Finale vs Spurs

I actually thought it was the opposite and he doesn't need the ball in his hands :lol: what I don't like is the idea of giving him a max and he's very injury prone

I actually thought it was the opposite and he doesn't need the ball in his hands
laugh.gif
what I don't like is the idea of giving him a max and he's very injury prone
So u think Conley is a good spot up jump shooter? Cause thats what he will be playing with Harden look at Ty Lawson 

Nah I just think Conley can legit run and offense and be a playmaker with Harden, not having to force shots or anything. Ty Lawson seemed to be mentally in shambles before he signed here or something, it made no sense. Lawson was a 15/9 guy the very year before. No way 1 guy can change your whole style by playing with him. That was all mental with Lawson. He looked simply like a guy who didn't belong on any court at all.

Name the point guards those first 3 have gone against as Rockets players.

That's why they don't work.

i think a ball dominant point guard would work, but it depends on the system we have. our system wasn't really one where it would work because the point was essentially spreading out and letting 1 guy pick and roll and either score or kick to a shooter. there's maybe 5-8 guys in the league better suited to do that for us than harden. therefore, you're always going to want harden being the initiator in our offense as it was.

a ball dominant PG works if harden is being made to actually curl off screens, cut to the basket etc. he's capable of it. we've seen him cut back door for dunks, come off screens and shoot. here is where i will blame harden a little though, he seemed way too content to just move in slow motion through a play and turn it into an isolation where he creates. not sure if it's a comfort thing for him or what, but we need a new system that addresses that.

I'm only anti conley because he turns 29, a little injury history of late, and he's eligible for the top tier max because of his service time.

The projected maximum salaries for next season are $20.4MM for players with fewer than seven years of experience, $24.9MM for those with seven to nine years in the league, and $29.3MM for veterans of 10 or more years

with 45 million in cap, approximately, i don't know that i'd like to invest 25 of that into conley. why not look into going after something like : whiteside, bazemore, courtney lee, and deron williams?

Any ball handler or player to take pressure off of harden is needed, he literally does it all

do work son do work son I've been waving the Whiteside/Bazemore flag for awhile now. Deron Williams though, I feel like he's in the process of tricking a team to pay him big, and I don't want that to be us

Any ball handler or player to take pressure off of harden is needed, he literally does it all
that's his problem though...he needs the ball at the top of the key.  that's where he likes to operate. 

he hasn't really learned how to play on the wings. 

that's why him and russ didn't work out.

that's why ty lawson didn't work out.

harden's game is a detriment to actual PG's.  

Last edited:
I see what you saying, but harden gets a lot of unwarranted hate, he plays with bums including Dwight

that's his problem though...he needs the ball at the top of the key.  that's where he likes to operate. 
he hasn't really learned how to play on the wings. 

that's why him and russ didn't work out.
that's why ty lawson didn't work out.

harden's game is a detriment to actual PG's.  

I'm sure Harden would be able to work with CP3/Lillard/Wall/elite PGs in general. Him and Russ didn't work out though? That's news to me :lol:

I'm sure Harden would be able to work with CP3/Lillard/Wall/elite PGs in general. Him and Russ didn't work out though? That's news to me :lol:
That's the best basketball okc ever played with harden lol

I heard Kenny Smith might be the one. I said no at first but with the right assistants around him that could work.

Back
Top Bottom