2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

MLB is just boring. That's why they get no love

It's an acquired taste, I love it personally because of the history, the level analytics you can dive into and the excitement of home runs, web gems, double/triple plays and base stealing.

Not to mention how much $$$ you can make on it if you know what you're doing.

Last edited:
i doubt it... hes one of the few guys in the NBA who has won a chip and stayed with the same franchise his whole career... would be perfect for him to end his career in 1 spot just like Kobe

Last edited:

MLB is just boring. That's why they get no love
It's an acquired taste, I love it personally because of the history, the level analytics you can dive into and the excitement of home runs, web gems, double/triple plays and base stealing.

Not to mention how much $$$ you can make on it if you know what you're doing.
how can you make money on it... I feel like the whole damn sport is random

Wade still has never been the highest paid Heat player. He's hell bent on changing that and pretty much boots Whiteside to the left coast.

how can you make money on it... I feel like the whole damn sport is random

Not at all.

Like I said, the level of analytics they have available is second to none.

Once you build a mathematical model that can house all that they provide, the patterns show themselves.

NBA has 10 players on the court at a time and they're wearing a tank and shorts. You can see every player on the court at all times.

Baseball has 18 and you basically only see one player's face at a time; the batter. You get a closeup of the pitcher in between pitches. The other 16 players get no shine unless one of th denfaice players makes a play.

Football is the worst when it comes to this. There are a lot of dudes who I still wouldn't recognize in the streets and I actually follow the sport :lol:

i didnt know this until someone at my job pointed it out but one thing that is cool about basketball is a fan can watch the game on the court without being blocked by a wall or net...except that this can happen at any given time

"Hey listen Wade I know you've taken pay cuts your whole career and have degenerating knees but you should take less again. I'll get Whiteside to take 12 million and sign KD for 15. Come on you wanna win right? That's what all this is about, nothing else."

hi-res-e653b5e5f4247ec0b5934969b4f174de_crop_north.jpg

Wade has given up a lot of money for the Heat.

But thats his fault. The Heat shouldn't overpay to make up for the previous "discounts" he's given the team.

Oh wait, he had his great year in 3 years, lets just go ahead and max him out because he found the magic pill.

Think about Andrew Bynum.

This dude is 28 years old and would have been rolling in even more money had he not decided to go bowling and be a knucklehead on the side. He'd be a $200M+ career earner.

Seeing what these basketball players make, the NFL players have the worst deal in sports.

No guaranteed deals either. They get way short end of the stick

Back
Top Bottom