2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

wade took paycuts to keep the team below the tax line

that loyalty wasnt repaid

In a sport where you can spend a certain amount of money, you can't expect the loyalty in return. Hell, if there was no cap, you best believe Wade would be there.

I bet his agent told him years ago, Wade, this isn't the right move, but if it makes you happy, do it. You'll win rings. I'll get you money outside of basketball.

Lebron is a fool trying to force the Heat to pay back money Wade left on the table essentially because of him.

Dude might really be the king. :pimp: :pimp:

what i mean is the money they saved in luxury tax is what wade is essentially asking for now

so they asked for his loyalty back then and again now without repaying his loyalty

like how many pay cuts and discounts before you do right by him?

if it wasnt this deal it wasnt ever going to happen

I don't even see the Warriors as the best business decision for Durant..

That honor probably goes to Boston or depending on who he could have pulled to the lakers with him.. Then Spurs or thunder

even got the Blazers (if he could have convinced horford up that way)

Like, when lebron went to Miami and things went wrong.. The heat will fall on kd

They win, it won't be as celebrated because it is what people expect to happen..

He goes 10/31 and Warriors win anyways, people talk about the free ride

*turns on*

giphy.gif

why wade...... whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Every team has them though. Think about die hard GSW fans, dudes who were kids and loving RUN TMC back in the day. Then the dark days came. Now, you got people in Texas who are GSW fans.

I'm seeing this with my Rams. Been a die hard since i was 6 years old in 1980 (Super Bowl: Pitt vs. Rams). Now i have to deal with people who want to root for a team. Its cool. We suck. Its expected. But this is why I think LA, in general, sucks as a sports town. Lakers and Dodgers fans are loyal, but such a huge population here isn't from LA.
i see it man. everyone and they moms rams fans now ... i cant switch up my team. i started watching football when the rams were on they way out, cant be  a rams fan.i dont switch squads. 

Last edited:
What if Hassan pulls a Deandre and signs to Dallas for max?

That would mean Dallas wouldnt be able to take Bogut or sign Hassan to the max. Which would mean the Warriors cant take Durant.......

Wade is a smart man

GSW would find someone to help them out.

Trust me, these teams all work with each other. Every team in the league has a long list of other teams (and agents - this doesn't get talked about enough. Agents and GM's are crooks, for the most part. If we only knew half the stuff that goes on, we'd be disgusted) they owe favors to, and vice versa. KD's agent would pull a favor with another team to take on Boguts contract. You get me on this one, I'll HELP you get a player later. I reported this in last seasons off season thread about Deandre going to Dallas, before it started to come out. DJ's agent is boys with Cuban. Agent got into DJ's head about leaving. The agent HATED Doc Rivers (but thats not saying much. Doc is very hated by agents). Thats why DJ had a change of heart and his agent wasn't there when the Clippers and DJ signed the new contract.. It really wasn't his decision to leave the Clippers. Dude is that weak minded.

You can't burn bridges in this league. You'll be done.

That honor probably goes to Boston or depending on who he could have pulled to the lakers with him.. Then Spurs or thunder

Like, when lebron went to Miami and things went wrong.. The heat will fall on kd

They win, it won't be as celebrated because it is what people expect to happen..

how is it not the best basketball decision for him. he likes they style of play and he wants to win a title. he has the best chance to do that there and he finally gets to play in a offense he likes. business decision as well. golden state is the leagues money maker these past two years. how is golden stated not a great business decision. 

Last edited:
what i mean is the money they saved in luxury tax is what wade is essentially asking for now

so they asked for his loyalty back then and again now without repaying his loyalty

like how many pay cuts and discounts before you do right by him?

if it wasnt this deal it wasnt ever going to happen

I think they were way over the cap even with all three taking paycuts. I could be wrong, but i remember their tax bill was significant back them

Lets all remember, Wade too pay cuts but it didn't come with nothing in return. Riley did help him get 3 rings by bringing in Shaq and Lebron/Bosh.

It didn't go to waste

i see it man. everyone and they moms rams fans now ... i cant switch up my team. i started watching football when the rams were on they way out, cant be  a rams fan.i dont switch squads. 

It was hard for me. I almost became a Chargers fan but just couldn't.

I think they were way over the cap even with all three taking paycuts. I could be wrong, but i remember their tax bill was significant back them

Lets all remember, Wade too pay cuts but it didn't come with nothing in return. Riley did help him get 3 rings by bringing in Shaq and Lebron/Bosh.

It didn't go to waste
facts. he couldve chosen money or winning and he chose winning. that was his decision to make. 

how is it not the best basketball decision for him. he likes they style of play and he wants to win a title. he has the best chance to do that there and he finally gets to play in a offense he likes. business decision as well. golden state is the leagues money maker these past two years. how is golden stated not a great business decision. 

Thats all it was. He just wants rings. From what i heard (my source), his decision really was a simple one.

He just wants a ring. He;s not looking to make movies, endorse Ford Pick up trucks, etc.

He just wanted rings.

Golden state was the darling of the league because they took out the supposed bad guys when they beat Miami that year.. Went into the finals as the underdog

and people loved them this year, until they started facing adversity and you have the "First Lady of the NBA" calling the league rigged

They got people back in love with bron.. Whole country loved JR crying on the podium and running around with his shirt off

And now they added Durant.. If they win, it's what is expected.. They lose and people are dragging names through the mud

Think the heat still on certain guys for team USA losing in '04

Last edited:

Thats all it was. He just wants rings. From what i heard (my source), his decision really was a simple one.

He just wants a ring. He;s not looking to make movies, endorse Ford Pick up trucks, etc.

He just wanted rings.

This I get

He just wanted rings.
dude is a horrible actor..... *HALF

its all about rings. at the end of your career , people dont remember how many points you score , etc etc . all they remember is how many rings you won. 

He just wanted rings.
dude is a horrible actor..... *HALF

its all about rings. at the end of your career , people dont remember how many points you score , etc etc . all they remember is how many rings you won. 

You really aren't giving sports fans enough credit

Golden state was the darling of the league because they took out the supposed bad guys when they beat Miami that year.. Went into the finals as the underdog

and people loved them this year, until they started facing adversity and you have the "First Lady of the NBA" calling the league rigged

They got people back in love with bron.. Whole country loved JR crying on the podium and running around with his shirt off

And now they added Durant.. If they win, it's what is expected.. They lose and people are dragging names through the mud

Think the heat still on certain guys for team USA losing in '04
huh? 

Back
Top Bottom