2016 XXL Freshman Cover

That '10 Cover that had Gibbs, Cole, Sean, Jay Rock & Wiz, might be the last time they put out a class where i listened regularly to at least half of the artists.

I Rock with Paak, East, Herb and Kodak...and the only reason i know who Lil Uzi is, because he has a song called Top, that i swore was Chief Keef. Even came home trying to search for that ***** for a few days but nothing was coming up. :lol: Had to ask one of the youngins about the song.

That 2011 had some big hits and misses. Krit and Kedrick the 2 best in the game IMO. Meek and YG both became stars. Lil B's hype died by 2012 and where is Birdman hiding Lil Twist

That 2011 had some big hits and misses. Krit and Kedrick the 2 best in the game IMO. Meek and YG both became stars. Lil B's hype died by 2012 and where is Birdman hiding Lil Twist

Was gonna mentioned this. Was shocked to find out how good Mac Miller and YG's stuff was once I got around to it. KRIT is always A1, Kendrick Lamar is dope, Meek started making good stuff after the Drake beef. Cyhi's Black Hystori tapes finally gave him a purpose, and Yelawolf is pretty nice though I haven't listened to him in a really long time. Still wanna hear that 'Country Cousins' tape between him and KRIT if that is still a plan. Lil B trash of course and Diggy will always be the snotty nose younger son of Run to me

Lil B is still very relevant though....

Only cause he's getting ****** by some upper management person working for ESPN.

Last edited:
Hearing all these f Bron and f curry songs let's u know the Lil b recipe still exist. Hell all the rappers who got songs, I think I'm ____. Ross owe based god a check.

Lil B's DNA is firmly in all these new rappers DNA. From ASAP to Thug to Riff Raff to Chance The Rapper and Vic Mensa to Lil Uzi and Yachty etc etc. Dude is one of the most influential rappers for better and worse post 2010.

Montana of 300 is the biggest snub. He even has an album out. Smh

Montana of 300 trash

Industry plant

What Montana 300 got on that album? A bunch of freestyles? Foh :lol:

And ppl sleeping on Denzel Curry. Dude shoulda been on this list years ago

One more thing is 21 Savage shirt that Madvillain comic shirt? Cuz i got that jawn in black & it looks like it is lol

Chiraq freestyle was his only good song

Montana 300 has never made an original song :lol:.

He can spit though. But you never going to blow up if you're known for just freestyling over other people's songs.

Y'all needa' check out "Fire in the Church", it's actually a very good album. I was surprised.

Last edited:
The weakest class is 2012, overall. But they have 3 superstars on the cover and potentially 4 if French can hit big with "Mac & Cheese 4".

U co signing Montana just confirmed 99% of us won't listen

I d/l both Montana of 300 mixtapes...

Shocking to say this (especially in 2016) but, his ear for beats is awful. Both his mixtapes, 93% of the beats are laughable

Lil B is one of "remember him" dudes. He had a influence. Dudes took pieces of his style and got bigger than him while he faded. He had 2 or 3 tapes I liked but he was mainly a joke.

Are we really doing this again? For what seems like the hundreth time? Lil B's influence on current rap cant be ignored or denied.

Why doesn't he put a curse on himself to sell records and make hits? More than a million followers and went double condom wrapper.

The weakest class is 2012, overall. But they have 3 superstars on the cover and potentially 4 if French can hit big with "Mac & Cheese 4".

french already hit it big already thou..

pop that? and all da way up hook on Fat Joe's song got him on FIRE out here.

we all know every year the list gets worse and worse   and from the 10 chosen only a few actually make it and go on to have a career maybe half if im being generous

09 was the illest imo 
pimp.gif
 i remember drake was supposed to be on but he passed saying something he graduated past being a freshman at that time 

and tory said he passed too thats why hes not on there

but imma break it down

Kodak Black, Lil Dicky, Lil Uzi Vert are prob the only ones who will prob be relevant a few years down the road

Desiigner and Lil yachty are the two ill give a chance to theyre on the fence for me imo in terms of their buzz lasting down the long road

i feel like XXL freshman is a gift/curse at this point  

Back
Top Bottom