2017 NIKE NFL Apparel, Footwear & Jerseys

yamahaSHO yamahaSHO you have a good point arguing the numbers are not properly aligned/straight. That 'manufacturer direct' argument is a good observation but in business/trade legal terms may be debatable. It appears that Stahl's is a subcontractor to Fanatics, so therefore Fanatics is still the manufacturer. Sorry not trying to be an *** but playing devil's advocate.

I'd have to look more into it... But if I am ordering something from the "manufacturer", the manufacturer is Nike. I do a crap ton of purchasing for FEMA. When I go the manufacturer, I buy from the guys that make/build the stuff. I also stop spending money on shady vendors, which is what I think of Fanatics and likely backed up by their absolutely terrible reviews. I agree, I can see how they'd pull that over on people based off my dealings with them so far.

This is my second issue with them (second time ordering too :tongue: )... I tried to order an Elite 51 custom Broncos jersey last month. Several days after placing the order, I got a refund and no explanation. I had to contact them to get any information. They stated it was out of stock and takes 24 hours for it to reflect on their website. I said it was still there and I ordered it 3 days ago. They didn't want to do anything for me, nor did they credit me a 25% off coupon as I purchased on a "one-day only" 25% off deal. They eventually credited it to my account, which I won't use now.

Last edited:
Yeah that term 'manufacturer' is complicated. Fanatics has a monopoly with the 4 major sports (5 if you include MLS). In addition, the official pro shop for some major teams.

I see what you're saying. As a customer reading their site, I see the manufacturer of the jersey as Nike and Fanatics as a retailer/distributor/tailer.

Either way, it's turned me off from buying from them... Hell, knockoffs seam like a better route, more and more to me. But again, I think Fanatics is purposefully shady.

My pre made Vick Eagles jersey came from the NFL shop with a stain. And when I washed it, it wrinkled bad. The NFL shop said Nike elites should not wrinkle and over nighted me a new one. The seconds one came with two wrinkles in it and just got worse on its own over time. My per made Von Miller from NDC wrinkled without a wash badly. And my custom Bucs jersey wrinkled without a wash

Lions elite came in. Attached a pic of the inside of the numbers. There is some paper type backing on the numbers. I guess that could be teared off? It doesn’t need to be there, right? There was a piece of that same backing between the two numbers and I just took it off. I think the backing is there only when the numbers are applied.

FFF0BC25-500C-4DFA-89CB-75FA0AFE3758.jpeg

You can tear it off it’s just used to help hold numbers in place while the numbers are getting sewn

The Lions elite jersey that I got from Fanatics is otherwise ok but I think the nameset and number on the back are a little too low. Good point of reference on these vapor elites is the downward Y-shape seams on the back. If you look at players wearing their jersey, most part of their numbers is above the point where the 3 lines of the Y-shape meet. However on my jersey the middle point of the number is clearly lower than the before mentioned point on the Y-shape. Small details but annoying however. If names and numbers are somewhat too high then that is not usually that bad but when they are too low it is not nice when the edge of the number is almost on *** level.

Fanatics said they'd take care of my issue... It been a week and I can't get them to respond anymore.
38847465210_66baef1c02_h.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone got any experience on removing stitched numbers from NFL jerseys? I guess it would be possible but will it leave clear marks (holes) on the jersey where the number has been? Nameplate would be easy to remove as there is only one straight line of stitching holding it in place but numbers have that zig zag stitching. I would not even consider doing this myself (would use some professional service) but I’m just asking if anyone has ever tried it and how well the process went.

As I said before the number and nameplate on my Lions custom elite are placed a little too low for my liking so I would like them to be moved higher up. I’ve already asked from Fanatics if a replacement jersey would be possible after return but I haven’t received full confirmation for that yet. Returning for a full refund is possible according to them but I would rather have the jersey (with correctly placed name and number) than a refund.

It’s a shame that Fanatics won’t fix their mistakes. I’m not sure if the NFL jerseys are the same, but I had numbers removed from an MLB jersey years ago, and I realized that they also use this glue to secure the numbers, which left quite a residue that didn’t come off.

It really is a shame because I really like the jersey. I got a good discount on it (also the import process was very successfull) and I don't mind the numbers being that heavy double layer type. It is just so annoying that the name and number sit too low and far apart when all the players have them well up the back and very close. And it is so easy to notice because the seams on the back give such a good reference point. If only it would be possible to instruct the person performing the customization..

It really is a shame because I really like the jersey. I got a good discount on it (also the import process was very successfull) and I don't mind the numbers being that heavy double layer type. It is just so annoying that the name and number sit too low and far apart when all the players have them well up the back and very close. And it is so easy to notice because the seams on the back give such a good reference point. If only it would be possible to instruct the person performing the customization..

I’m not sure how off your numbers and letters are, but you can’t really reference everything from the game issued jerseys since they have a completely different cut.

I think this is quite good pic to compare the two jerseys.

A21C0D6D-244E-43AF-8C66-136B8186A60C.jpeg

It would be interesting to see how the name and number are placed on custom vapor elites of others here.

It’s a shame that Fanatics won’t fix their mistakes. I’m not sure if the NFL jerseys are the same, but I had numbers removed from an MLB jersey years ago, and I realized that they also use this glue to secure the numbers, which left quite a residue that didn’t come off.

I filed a complaint with PayPal. I'm done with Fanatics' ****.

Yeah, it does seem pretty low when you compare it to the Carr. I wonder if the NFL is aware of the bs Fanatics is pulling with these customs.

They probably wouldn’t care though.

Yeah, it does seem pretty low when you compare it to the Carr. I wonder if the NFL is aware of the bs Fanatics is pulling with these customs.

They probably wouldn’t care though.

I'm returning the jersey for a refund. It sucks but I have to do it. I know I won't get over the name and number being positioned too low. I'm also suggesting to Fanatics that I would order a new jersey but this time I would provide them instructions on the correct placement of the name and number and they could forward those instructions to the manufacturer. I'm hoping that would be possible but I have my doubts. Nowdays customer service tends to be so generic. When you require something different it's usually just ignored. It's as if processes just go through with no interaction from people but that's total bs. I think Stahls would have no problems following those instructions if they were provided to them.

Back
Top Bottom