2017 YANKEES OFFSEASON THREAD Vol. Gary El Jefe

Sign Chapman. Get it done and over with.

Don't care about money if it's to do something positive. Not going to get what he wants either way, can find the middle ground of what he wants and what we want to give.

The closer market is going to increase rapidly in the next couple of years.

Last edited:
Prefer Jansen because he'll command less money & he doesn't have a history of domestic violence.

Doubt it will be much less. Jon Heyman has it at
5/$75m for Jensen
5/$85m for Chapman

Jensen costs a pick. Chapman does not

Last edited:
That draft pick really doesn't mean much since our farm system is strong.

Either way, get one of then. I don't know why but Betances is better as the 8th inning guy.

It matters if we go after Cespedes and Encarnacion as well.

Then we lose 3 rounds of draft picks.

I just prefer Chapman because he netted us those prospects. We traded him and still wants to be in NY. My kind of team player.

The abuse still scares me. Don't like cheering for that type of guy regardless of everyone needing a second chance.

Down to Astros, Red Sox and Yankees for Beltran.

Please not the Red Sox.

Last edited:
We're going to sign Beltran, Chapman & Rich Hill..

And Hal is going to come out and basically say "We did good."

The Boss would not stand for this foolishness.

Cespedes was right there. A middle of the order bat, not even that long of a deal.. I'm tired of the notion that all we need is pitching because we were pretty bad offensively, especially with mediocre production from the 3, 4 & 5 spot (Gary doesn't count)

Last edited:
They expect the kids to handle those roles now, can just tell.

4 yr deal??? Gotta be kidding me.

@Essential1  right on cue 
laugh.gif

Rich Hill has four teams that are "all in" full pursuit of him and they are the Yankees, Dodgers, Rangers and Astros. It is believed that the Red Sox and Orioles are the two other teams that are in the mix to a lesser degree.
i
Jim Bowden, ESPN Senior Writer

Last edited:
They expect the kids to handle those roles now, can just tell.

4 yr deal??? Gotta be kidding me.

I mean other than Sanchez. We don't have a quality hitter to fill the middle of the order. And if we sign Beltran, how is that team really any better by more than a couple game margin

We have a chance to make a good playoff team with our young guys still getting big roles and nobody being blocked. And set up for 2018 on top of young players + a star or maybe two. But noooo luxury tax.

Was as simple as trading Gardner for mid to low level prospects. Signing Cespedes. And eventually phasing Yo into a DH role.

Last edited:
Smh at Hal

George would have heads rolling

I think a Hill signing will come back to bite us in the ***

We're not in on Encarnacion at 5 years.

Which I agree 5 years for his age is too much. But for the love of god, I hate Hal Steinbrenner

Back
Top Bottom