2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's still in his prime which is incredible, I still think his peak years were 12 and 13 in Miami. He was a beast on BOTH ends of the floor then.
i cite those exact 2 years for his prime. but his game was missing things then... his game is missing NOTHING now. hes totally complete. even his attitude is where it needs to be (except for flopping) lebron has ZERO deficiencies as of this year. and based off that.... sheeeesh

saw this on reddit before this season started.

lebron
kobe

3 -10 feet
lebron
42.percent
kobe
44.8 percent

10-16 feet
lebron 36.7
kobe 43.9

16-24 feet
lebron 38.5
kobe 40.2

free throws

lebron
kobe

3s
lebron
kobe

things like this is why i hate when people try to use stats as the end all be all for comparisons. this is what i meant when i said earlier that situations really change up viewpoints. stats on the season will tell you clint capella is one of the best and most efficient scorers in the league. same thing about ben simmons. but then you watch em play and realize all their buckets come from within 6 ft of the rim and from outside of there, theyre not a problem. you cant really say theyre amazing scorers like that anymore

you cant clown someone who gets buckets from mostly midrange and 3 and FT, for not having as high a % as someone whos mostly scoring at the rim. for example. theres more situations but... yall get it.

i cite those exact 2 years for his prime. but his game was missing things then... his game is missing NOTHING now. hes totally complete. even his attitude is where it needs to be (except for flopping) lebron has ZERO deficiencies as of this year. and based off that.... sheeeesh

I don't know man. He was even more efficient those years (I'll include 14 too)than this one 56% from the field. 39% from 3 and 76% from the line. Literally there was nothing he couldn't do. Plus again he was a terror defensively for most of that time and had enough energy to do it in the regular season and playoffs. Now he's strictly playing one side of the floor barring the occasional high leverage moment on defense in the playoffs.

I don't know man. He was even more efficient those years (I'll include 14 too)than this one 56% from the field. 39% from 3 and 76% from the line. Literally there was nothing he couldn't do. Plus again he was a terror defensively for most of that time and had enough energy to do it in the regular season and playoffs. Now he's strictly playing one side of the floor barring the occasional high leverage moment on defense in the playoffs.

i can feel that. but if he plays one more year at this level? ive gotta change it up. hes was 76 from the line back then too? of all aspects of his game.... why is he such a woeful free throw shooter?

Bron and Kobe both have basketball IQs off the charts. Bron still relies more on his athleticism even at this stage and the way the game has evolved with small ball he still has a huge advantage at this point. At age 33 and 34 Kobe was mostly a below the rim player that relied on craft, his legendary footwork, and counter moves. I'd say that's using more skills.
So Kobe lost his athleticism faster than Legoat?

whats crazy is im starting to wonder when lebrons prime was. im inclined to say during the miami run cuz it was just incredible to watch. but.... THIS season... dude is a totally complete player. hes a legit 3pt threat, hes more aggressive than hes ever been attacking the rim, and is willing to kill whoever is under,near, or by the rim. hes never been that kinda guy till now. really makes u wonder.
LeGoats prime will be when he turns 40.

IMG_20180512_205817.jpg

61A735B5-1CA1-469B-A433-57BB7C0583EA.gif

Kyrie is out this postseason from playing hurt last postseason with an injury that kept him out two postseasons before that. But you can't trade him because you need him in the postseason. Hmm..

61A735B5-1CA1-469B-A433-57BB7C0583EA.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom