2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
I can recall coppin’ the blk/red 2010 renditions a week after they released and they were in abundance. This was also a time when Jordan Brand was in a weird place and Nike Basketball was thriving.

2010 materials were indeed subpar but I simply copped because I never had a pair of Air Jordan VI and after a few wears I promptly sold them.

Last edited:
Correct me if I’m wrong, but Wasn’t the 2010 infrared and varsity red suede and not Nubuck or durabuck.

That was the reason I passed on the varsity and infrared that year

Attachments

• D3DFA039-831C-41B6-8970-8776A480060A.jpeg
    D3DFA039-831C-41B6-8970-8776A480060A.jpeg
    82.9 KB · Views: 54
It pretty much is suede. I don’t really see how one can look at it and not at least think it’s suede.

Last edited:
Massive exaggeration and frankly just not true. There’s no paint chipping problem with 2010 6s or really any 6s for that matter. You much me talking about AJ 3s or something.
I wear my Motorsport 6s/DB6s and when I wore my Varsity red 6s all 3 chipped at the heel. And I’m careful with Jordan 3-6 due to chipping. It does happen. 2014-now 6s I’ve had no issues with chipping or cracking.

The paint did chip on the 2010 VI, but it did it gradually, not as fast as the 3s. As far as the 2010 VI, we knew we were getting suede. I didn't forsee a better retro and never had blk/Red VIs so I copped for $81. Wasn't bad for me . Then the Infrared pack was rumored then all of a sudden announced and limited at the time, so I passed .

The paint did chip on the 2010 VI, but it did it gradually, not as fast as the 3s. As far as the 2010 VI, we knew we were getting suede. I didn't forsee a better retro and never had blk/Red VIs so I copped for $81. Wasn't bad for me . Then the Infrared pack was rumored then all of a sudden announced and limited at the time, so I passed .

Haha for me it chipped gradually. I have a homie who’s 6 4 and about 245. They cracked in his second wear. I think it’s all relative.

Massive exaggeration and frankly just not true. There’s no paint chipping problem with 2010 6s or really any 6s for that matter. You much me talking about AJ 3s or something.

Used to buy restore and sell used shoes from 08-2014. You name it I’ve touched or restored it. I’ve had several pairs of varsity reds through the years not to mention personal pairs. They chip. There are times when you get lucky like my BRED 4s that have the most minimal amount of chipping while I’ve delt with pairs that had the worst paint.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Wasn’t the 2010 infrared and varsity red suede and not Nubuck or durabuck.

That was the reason I passed on the varsity and infrared that year
Synthetic nubuck. The Black Cement 4, Metallic 5, and flu game 12 had nubuck like that. That’s when jb was cutting corners

Last edited:
The amount of hate the suede black and red 6s got on here when the thread existed was uncanny. NTers like Ninjahood absolutely hated it and said in time the suede would turn ashy, (so the name ashy larry spread around the forum somewhat).Imo looking back i thought wasn’t a really bad retro Jordan, it just didn’t represent the og cw. I thought JB wanted to tweak the model and cw somewhat which brought anger to a lot of purists and collectors. Which i think caused the rushed and terribly executed limited infrared pack.

The amount of hate the suede black and red 6s got on here when the thread existed was uncanny. NTers like Ninjahood absolutely hated it and said in time the suede would turn ashy, (so the name ashy larry spread around the forum somewhat).Imo looking back i thought wasn’t a really bad retro Jordan, it just didn’t represent the og cw. I thought JB wanted to tweak the model and cw somewhat which brought anger to a lot of purists and collectors. Which i think caused the rushed and terribly executed limited infrared pack.
I think they were cutting corners; many other retros had that cheap nubuck the 6s had.

Man, I remember these were rough and it was definitely suede.

The 2011 bred 4 and metallic 5 had that cheap nubuck
Rough? My twin bro had them up to last year and they were very smooth. Felt like velvet/velour. Caught dust like crazy, and scuffed easy, but they weren’t rough like the suede on the 18s or 21s. It was definitely nubuck

Last edited:
I remember buying the varsity reds. Got them with no problem and my brother’s store ended up having pairs a week after the release date, so i took them back and bought them for 30% off through him.

Had the infrared pack 6s and those weren’t too bad. Had the 2014s and the paint smeared on the 2nd or 3rd time i wore them, the red stained the sole and i ended up giving them to my son.

Can’t wait for the 2019s. They need to stop playing and do a early drop

sorry to ask guys... what are the numbers on these?

hella GR like the concords?

I have no information but if I were to speculate def not as GR as concords. Prob as GR as last years Black Cement 3 if I had to guess? I hope I'm wrong and it's more than that. But I personally think that outside of "sneaker culture" no one else will be going for them. I can't see the everyday person all of a sudden wanting to grab these.

I had the infrared pack but sold it. I was so hyped though when I got it. I liked the white pair more than the black pair because that suede was trash

Rough? My twin bro had them up to last year and they were very smooth. Felt like velvet/velour. Caught dust like crazy, and scuffed easy, but they weren’t rough like the suede on the 18s or 21s. It was definitely nubuck

Not trying to go into a whole debate lol but A couple of sites list them as suede.

While listing the 2014 as nubuck.

Not trying to go into a whole debate lol but A couple of sites list them as suede.

While listing the 2014 as nubuck.
Years back, NT is the first place i learned that they’re nubuck. People call is suede because of how it feels. Jordan brand uses synthetic and genuine suede varieties on 13s, 18s, and the 21s primarily. Those wheat 6s are suede, royalty 4s, etc. I compared he varsity 6, flu game 12, and the 2012 Cement materials and they’re practically the same. The nubuck 12 has the same nubuck as the flu game from 09, and i had both. Varsity red is synthetic nubuck. The 2014 was nubuck too but I’m sure it was shaved down, which is why it felt smooth to the touch and scuffed easy, and was lighter. im guessing it was a different grade, because it was stiffer even tho the Varsity was a thicker cut. I’m pretty sure the post discussing that still exists on NT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom