2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
I think these are fine. The durabuck does look a bit ashy kinda like the 2012 Raptors but thats still a nice passable material compared to what they used on the 14s. (And yes I realize these are all still GM pics)

Honestly if people were being honest they’d acknowledge the fact that durabuck can get hella ashy looking too. I remember back when I had the 2000 blk/infrareds and how it would to get ashy especially after a day of wear. Would constantly have to wipe them down to make em look darker. Just the nature of the material. Of course nubuck gives off even more of an ashy look than durabuck. Both materials get ashy nonetheless.

can't wait to rock this OG jordan 6 shirt i have with these!!!

l0mBZALfjLfu-o0Ta0H7b7IQRLpPS2oklPRDR_396nrvEGRNsqyLsJM7SBz3Y1dM-y2X4_lxzyAwRxSmScxjQKE6AR2bF4gtJ2j5DrqskJdtrmr4jDIW8wBm14MdaviKEj_Inc0uQxhMN4mbjmi053UZpUP58OZuJr-pfW-0w1djMa44hm7iw5MgvpPBn5WcPvjv6K5DFzSGkX96VI4hU72unb_v1r0NrIZmKweaHPgEJN40Cu-wwtCzuCDUHIsiuzbQMXrvTHBoyMGY7YUePVZpQrukI67YGwkyTDDLGG6n7Ked-iu5FNs6GGYiGa4lH9cscoVEIGIcEJxw5N6pARicOOG38Y2bioWo-7fq_GZxo3qllSL52CJ2_Uk86A7Vh8mwMyguFcPLNln70lYj9Pdqh4x3f9CKYpn_c-qnbNogQBrEGMR1dlRtvYyFnMgClB-8ZADchacTGJKQwtweJ5XpmRswF9Wykup6aMrG8907ykht0kFzRB5JhV2uuQ0IF7itOUCbXl6m9wQWHHuZGeU3VQCC23YVR2mEkBUuKRH0dGTqvjdC9p51v8C9BD1PDwMbBWzcJMcAlvL1Z-sv9GikHLr9aG0FNVGRG5eG1rAXfqlFaA2UpaXI2Y7Bb9UtKlsAPFXFkMiFx-elQEOIZcz9=w938-h626-no

Everybody keeps saying it doesn’t look bad, it’s going to be durabuck on them. Nothing about the last couple of pages of pictures look like durabuck to me. Y’all must be that thirst for Blk/infrared 6,s that it doesn’t matter to y’all. Like I said, a lot of these pictures look like a darker version of the last release, basically a darker nubuck. Yes durabuck gets ashy after bumping the material up against something hard. But durabuck doesn’t have a suede like feel yo them like nubuck does. It’s not hard to comprehend what I’m saying. Y’all need to take a look at the last blk/metallic 5 release. All JB/Nike had to do was put the same material (durabuck) from the last blk/metallic 5 on this release, but it looks like they’re trolling hard again with this release. This looks like the last release, just dyed the nubuck a darker black with NA on it, and slap durabuck on the box for the sheep that don’t analyze what their doing.

The durabuck we want is flat like the OG 4,5,6,s, 2005 5,s 2000 6,s 2011 5,s and the last release of the blk/metallic 5. I don’t care what’s on the label, these look more nubuck like the last release, just darker. Durabuck only gets ashy when you hit or scratch the material hard, or age over time, but Black Durabuck stays solid for a long time without getting that ashy look. If these come out box with a suede like feel that turn ashy just by rubbing your finger on them, or just by looking at them, then they trolled us. I don’t understand why they couldn’t just use the same material/Durabuck that where on the last 5 release. Its not rocket science. Maybe they know that they can troll with another ashy nubuck release by making the nubuck darker and slapping Durabuck on the box.

I hope the official release aren’t anything like these recent pictures. Their disrespecting the Nike Air logo by putting it on that horrible looking material. If these come out looking anything like the pictures, it’s either a Gentry call, or their saving a proper retro with real Durabuck for later on which is sad. I’m venting because I’ve been waiting for years (since 2000) for a Blk/infrared 6 with real looking Durabuck. We’re getting different variations of this suede looking bs on every release since 2000. I hope they prove me wrong.

Honestly if people were being honest they’d acknowledge the fact that durabuck can get hella ashy looking too. I remember back when I had the 2000 blk/infrareds and how it would to get ashy especially after a day of wear. Would constantly have to wipe them down to make em look darker. Just the nature of the material. Of course nubuck gives off even more of an ashy look than durabuck. Both materials get ashy nonetheless.
yup, bought a lint roller for my Bordeaux 7 and Aqua 8s. They collect dust pretty easily.

...y’all really serious about this nubuck vs Durabuck :stoneface: .. my man wrote a book report lol. Honestly I cant tell. They look like Durabuck but we’ll see

...y’all really serious about this nubuck vs Durabuck :stoneface: .. my man wrote a book report lol. Honestly I cant tell. They look like Durabuck but we’ll see

I think that dude is the only person saying it’s nubuck :lol:. He definitely need to calm tf down that’s for sure.

I’m also a big fan of A Different World, I went to school right where the filmed the real life campus scenes. Seeing Dwayne rock the Infrared 6s was so dope to me. He had pretty much every Jordan up to 7. Watching A different world in 2013/14 influenced me to start buying Jays again
Man looking at shows like this or fresh prince , Martin , wayans bros ,etc growing up was always so disappointing looking at the ogs and actually getting retros like damn this is not what I saw on tv

Well throw up a picture of these early pictures, and compare them to pictures of the 2016 blk/metallic 5,s, and then tell me if that’s the same material to y’all, because it’s clesrly not. I just really hope the official versions are nothing like what we’re seeing in these pictures. It’s more of a nubuck material on these early pairs, just darker compared to the last blk/infrared. The nubuck on the last blk/infrared 6 release compared to the real Durabuck used on the last blk/metallic 5,s are nothing alike. I understand if it doesn’t matter to some of y’all.

But going from what we we’re first served to the furry ashy bs they’ve been recently throwing at us on 5,s and 6,s, it’s a slap in the face to the consumers to correct the problem on a different model, then they don’t correct a future model release just because they can. I hope that these are just early pairs with that the suede look. If not, this is a huge troll job compared to how they fixed the material problem with the 5,s by going back to was always suppose to be used on them. I get most of y’all dont care, and would throw $300 to JB/Nike with ashes and dust literally tossed in boxed with them, because of thirst for whatever they release.

But there’s some of us that where around when these models where made way better. But there shouldn’t be any excuses right now, because they corrected the 5,s. So why not just do it right on the 6,s. Their just trolling with suede material like always. Like I said, theirs nothing Durabuck about the material in these early pics. I don’t care if they slap the name on the box.

Well throw up a picture of these early pictures, and compare them to pictures of the 2016 blk/metallic 5,s, and then tell me if that’s the same material to y’all, because it’s clesrly not. I just really hope the official versions are nothing like what we’re seeing in these pictures. It’s more of a nubuck material on these early pairs, just darker compared to the last blk/infrared. The nubuck on the last blk/infrared 6 release compared to the real Durabuck used on the last blk/metallic 5,s are nothing alike. I understand if it doesn’t matter to some of y’all.

But going from what we we’re first served to the furry ashy bs they’ve been recently throwing at us on 5,s and 6,s, it’s a slap in the face to the consumers to correct the problem on a different model, then they don’t correct a future model release just because they can. I hope that these are just early pairs with that the suede look. If not, this is a huge troll job compared to how they fixed the material problem with the 5,s by going back to was always suppose to be used on them. I get most of y’all dont care, and would throw $300 to JB/Nike with ashes and dust literally tossed in boxed with them, because of thirst for whatever they release.

But there’s some of us that where around when these models where made way better. But there shouldn’t be any excuses right now, because they corrected the 5,s. So why not just do it right on the 6,s. Their just trolling with suede material like always. Like I said, theirs nothing Durabuck about the material in these early pics. I don’t care if they slap the name on the box.
........breathe.....

I believe these will be fine. If anything, a lot of folks in this thread want Durabuck more than anyone else. Maybe we’re just seeing different things, but none of the pictures I’ve seen have me worried.

Do you and fresh prince have a love/hate relationship or something? Lol

Idk what his deal is. He responds to a lot of my posts with BS. I think he’s a troll. If you’ve seen his posts over the years, you know what I mean.

Lol I’ve noticed the same thing. He’s constantly trolling Aquamanjay_ Aquamanjay_
He’s probably upset that there’s someone more knowledgeable about Jordans than him. Being a know it all about J’s is his claim to fame.

Lol I’ve noticed the same thing. He’s constantly trolling Aquamanjay_ Aquamanjay_
He’s probably upset that there’s someone more knowledgeable about Jordans than him. Being a know it all about J’s is his claim to fame.

Actually, I don't know everything about Jordans (but am knowledgeable) and neither does he because numerous others that were on Nike Talk before us have taught us the information. I care for the history of the shoes and don't care about "hype" or what others think about the shoes I like. Most of his information has been stated by others (which he doesn't acknowledge that much). That's my main problem with him (I still respect him though but he contradicts himself a lot).

Actually, I don't know everything about Jordans (but am knowledgeable) and neither does he because numerous others that were on Nike Talk before us have taught us the information. I care for the history of the shoes and don't care about "hype" or what others think about the shoes I like. Most of his information has been stated by others (which he doesn't acknowledge that much). That's my main problem with him (I still respect him though but he contradicts himself a lot).

No one cares

:rofl: I thought knowledge was supposed to be shared anyway why does it matter who said what it’s not like we in school doing a report where you had to show Your sources to where you got said info

Last edited:
Of course you don't. That's why you posted what you did above just to say this. In your mind you believe that saying "No one cares" because you want to feel as you're doing others a favor or trying to get in their good graces.
The point is that you’re doing too much. As Iceman says, it’s not a competition. In this thread for example, why the heck wouldn’t we be talking about the og shoe? The OG shoe is an enigma with a lot of details. Some details are unclear even to people who own the shoe. What’s it made out of, what’s the color? These are all things that we’ve talked about in the thread. I’ve discovered(speaking for me, not whoever else may have known, because I can’t read minds), when you look into materials on the Infrared 6, specifically Durabuck, you find out about that materials on the OG 4, and the OG 5, and many others.

How have you not noticed that I go on about the shoes I like the most? 2019 will be my third time buying this darn sneaker.

Last edited:
The point is that you’re doing too much. As Iceman says, it’s not a competition. In this thread for example, why the heck wouldn’t we be talking about the og shoe? The OG shoe is an enigma with a lot of details. Some details are unclear even to people who own the shoe. What’s it made out of, what’s the color? These are all things that we’ve talked about in the thread. I’ve discovered(speaking for me, not whoever else may have known, because I can’t read minds), when you look into materials on the Infrared 6, specifically Durabuck, you find out about that materials on the OG 4, and the OG 5, and many others.

How have you not noticed that I go on about the shoes I like the most? 2019 will be my third time buying this darn sneaker.

Bro, all I'm saying is to give credit to those that have told or showed you information (firm believer in giving credit where credit is due). There is no competition so i'm not sure where this is coming from. Also, this part highlighted in red doesn't make any sense. Where does anyone in this thread say "anyone shouldn't talk about the original shoe" when in fact it's an original model/colorway. This is what I mean when I say you contradict yourself.

Bro, all I'm saying is to give credit to those that have told or showed you information (firm believer in giving credit where credit is due). There is no competition so i'm not sure where this is coming from. Also, this part highlighted in red doesn't make any sense. Where does anyone in this thread say "anyone shouldn't talk about the original shoe" when in fact it's an original model/colorway. This is what I mean when I say you contradict yourself.
In regard to what you highlighted, I think you just don’t have the best reading comprehension skills.
No one comes on NT and says, “Hey guys, the OG 11s has high cut patent leather”, followed by a bibliography. I credited one person who helped me understand what the OG was made of, he even came in the thread himself, and got **** for it. Someone called his pictures and comparisons misinformation. Others who have talked with me about the 1991 aren’t even on NT, or left because of annoying people like you.

Just ignore me buddy. We’re all here for the shoes.

Do you know how many times the same information is posted over and over again in these threads? so you want him to Give credit to everyone everytime he’s posting info? Might as well be saying this to everybody in this thread everyone get their information from another source and I highly doubt everytime you post and passing knowledge on NT you given credit to where you got it from this isn’t school no one on here is going down in the history books about knowing thorough details of 20-30 yr old shoes

Back
Top Bottom