2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
IMG_0539.JPG

I grabbed a second pair after selling my first. Joints are flawless. No glue stains. No bumps. Perfectly symmetrical in every way and both NA's are straight. Infrared paint is even perfect (I was worried about this after my first pair had some paint issues).

I imagine the spraying is due to them wanting to replicate it with nubuck.. durabuck isn’t actually made anymore so that’s out of the picture.

They’re replicating what I think was a factory defect on the heel panel due to limitations of materials and manufacturing at the time.

When you look at it that way, whoever was responsible for this release really did their best with this.

That might be true, but no one is ever going to convince me there is just no way, in 2018/2019, to replicate the OG heel better, be it using a different material than nubuck or some other solution. And when they eventually do retro this shoe with something much closer to that OG heel, it will be officially apparent that this version was just a jerkoff in that specific regard.
PS: I don't even care that much about the contrast heel in terms of how it makes the shoe look or not look, but I say the above just in the context of the discussion about what the company could do for its customers but elects not to.

I grabbed a second pair after selling my first. Joints are flawless. No glue stains. No bumps. Perfectly symmetrical in every way and both NA's are straight. Even the box is perfect, or dang near close...

Same. Second time was official. My first pair had a toe box scuff that wouldn’t come off. My second pair was flawless down to the box. Did the NT inspector gadget and couldn’t find a single flaw.

I grabbed a second pair after selling my first. Joints are flawless. No glue stains. No bumps. Perfectly symmetrical in every way and both NA's are straight. Infrared paint is even perfect (I was worried about this after my first pair had some paint issues).
there are rumors of a single master cobbler among mere children in one of the factories

That might be true, but no one is ever going to convince me there is just no way, in 2018/2019, to replicate the OG heel better, be it using a different material than nubuck or some other solution. And when they eventually do retro this shoe with something much closer to that OG heel, it will be officially apparent that this version was just a jerkoff in that specific regard.
PS: I don't even care that much about the contrast heel in terms of how it makes the shoe look or not look, but I say the above just in the context of the discussion about what the company could do for its customers but elects not to.
I have a strong suspicion that the loud glue smell everyone keeps talking about is from that heel spray they used last minute

You really out here trynna make tony end it all huh?

I'm also good with no contrast. What we see here is nothing like the OG. As a kid I thought it was leather on the back and durabuck everywhere else. Heh

I might be tripping, but the shoepalace pair I got looks suspect. Didnt have a chance to look at them fully till I got back home and comparing them to my Champs pair I picked up instore they look diff. Could just be me being paranoid though lol

This thread is starting to really stress me out looking and talking about all these flaws. Still, Im satisfied with my pair. If you look at anything long enough. You will find a flaw. I just cant do it. Not going to take away what these mean to me. Hey tony, I love ya for sure though. I really want you to get a pair you are happy with. I remember thinking NA would never happen again. Now that it has, we find more to scrutinize. I dont want to look at my pair that hard. I want to enjoy them.

Back
Top Bottom