2019 NFL Draft Thread

What’s his name that Raiders got had something similar. (DT from Michigan I think)

Wonder if Montez will drop that low... recall him being like a 4th or 5th rounder.

Would be a steal.

What’s his name that Raiders got had something similar. (DT from Michigan I think)

Wonder if Montez will drop that low... recall him being like a 4th or 5th rounder.

Would be a steal.

Mo Hurst.

Sweat got cleared for the Senior Bowl and Combine tho, so I doubt it's an issue. If they were worried about it, they wouldn't have let him work out like they did with Mo and Star Lotulelei.

Mo Hurst.

Sweat got cleared for the Senior Bowl and Combine tho, so I doubt it's an issue. If they were worried about it, they wouldn't have let him work out like they did with Mo and Star Lotulelei.

Good point. But I think Mo was the same cautionary thing. Had it all along, knew about it? Maybe I’m wrong but I remember this being similar.

Bama pro day should be just getting underway. No Quinnen, Deionte Thompson in.

Also Jaylon Ferguson has his pro day going today too. Weird how the NFL handled his whole combine invite

I liked Damien Harris and thought he might declare last season, think he's being slept on a bit

if jacobs i really going go in the 1st, i'd rather get couple other dudes at a cheaper price than dude (like montgomery and singletary.. and a few others)

Not a fan of Jacobs early either, but of course someone has to be pushed to the top in an otherwise 'okay' group of RBs

Hitting 4.6's at your pro day definitely wont help you tho....

i feel like folks were just waiting to see if singletary could get in the 4.4s.. and i think folks assumed jacobs would be sub 4.5 or around there

think people expected montgomery to be in that low 4.5-4.6 range.. i'd be happy with any of the 3 after the 1st.. and if he wasnt so injury prone, rodney anderson late would be a good look

^ I agree. 3 cone for someone of his stature and style means nothing. Calvin didn't eem attempt a 3 cone in his pre draft workouts.

Gil Brandt‏Verified account @Gil_Brandt 25m25 minutes ago
A lot of fast times were run at @PennStateFball's pro day yesterday, making me think that nothing has changed there in the last 40 years. I once asked Paterno if I could drop a marble on the track to watch it roll downhill and he told me to get the hell out.

:rofl:

to be honest some of the drills you gotta watch it to see how comfortable the guy is even doing it.. like with metcalf you see him slipping.. but you gotta check the tape with that sorta stuff AND of course actual watch the guy do it

hell, with 40s you can even see where guys are trained up or little sloppy stuff has knocked some time off of there time.. like whether a guy is zagging OR they start rolling out of the start and start the clock instead of breaking out strong OR just terrible running technique

Yeah I think its the technique not the results that should be examined and nitpicked with essentially every drill these guys run. Nothing worse than seeing a dude in the 40 rocking side to side like he's dodging punches. For WRs, and now DB's, I always felt the gauntlet drill is most important-

i think with everything you need context and cant just judge based on the numbers.. like even some guys who do well, could have done better if not for little things

then some guys, well they've ran track so the 40 might no translate as well to on the field in pads speed.. which is why you gotta check the tape to see if guys are creating separation

like take desean for example, when dude ran the 40 it was smooth and looked super duper easy for running 4.3 something.. so you can clearly see how that translates to him stopping and accelerating quick as shhh out there

i think with everything you need context and cant just judge based on the numbers.. like even some guys who do well, could have done better if not for little things

then some guys, well they've ran track so the 40 might no translate as well to on the field in pads speed.. which is why you gotta check the tape to see if guys are creating separation

like take desean for example, when dude ran the 40 it was smooth and looked super duper easy for running 4.3 something.. so you can clearly see how that translates to him stopping and accelerating quick as shhh out there
RG3 was fast but not quick.

Back
Top Bottom