• Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Baltimore Ravens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (CLE/IND/CHI/Rams/WTF)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think there's just a fundamental difference in how we define our Top 5s. I'm not sure what that list is but if you think those are the Top 5 Greatest QBs of all time, it seems like your criteria is "Top 5 QBs to start my franchise with" or may "Top 5 most talented" whereas I would list a Top 5 based on their career accomplishments. Personally, I can't knock a player for having better all-time statistics and head and shoulders winning more than their peers because of the organization they were drafted to or the coach/teammates they had aka circumstances.

That's just sports and it's impossible to definitively say other QBs would have done more in the same situation. The accolades, however, are definitive, and I think it's nearly impossible to argue against all that TB12 has accomplished in his career.

Is Brady better than Rodgers to you?

Is Brady better than Rodgers to you?

Aaron's 37 and only the Lord knows how much longer he has left; however, if they both retired after this season, even if ARod wins the belt, Tom Brady has still had a much better career. Put it this way, I determine my Top 5,10, whatever lists the same way I would do hiring or yearly reviews - by looking at their body of work. You can't tell me there's a player with a better resume than Tom Brady. Why would I put players who have accomplished less than TB12 ahead of TB12 on a GOAT list?

Aaron's 37 and only the Lord knows how much longer he has left; however, if they both retired after this season, even if ARod wins the belt, Tom Brady has still had a much better career. Put it this way, I determine my Top 5,10, whatever lists the same way I would do hiring or yearly reviews - by looking at their body of work. You can't tell me there's a player with a better resume than Tom Brady. Why would I put players who have accomplished less than TB12 ahead of TB12 on a GOAT list?

That doesn’t answer my question. Who is the better QB?

quarterbacking is more than just the talent/skill of throwing. it's why fantasy and redzone have ruined people's perception of what makes a player great v what players are truly gifted

EDIT: exactly how 651akathepaul 651akathepaul laid it out, basically. and i think Fraud himself even made the same point a month or two ago on one of those podscasts

I grew up in an era where Marino/Montana were the GOATs who had drastically different team accolades by the time their careers were done and people rarely ever knock Marino for the lack of them.

Tier rankings just fit better with these debates cause you're not gonna go wrong with a handful of guys in the same bubble ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also, **** Tom Brady

I don’t like differentiating arm talent and best QB. I’ve seen so many do it, specifically with Rodgers and Brady. It’s a cop out.

It’s a team game, not an individual game.

Rodgers had white Shrek as his coach for years and doesn’t even know when to use a challenge.

Brady has had the greatest coach of all time and top 10 and 15 defenses for at least 4-5 of his SBs.

You can have dual threat, pocket passer, run threat, clutch, and then everyone in the back of their mind or forefront, has those guys that could be a mix of it all as their guy to start a franchise. Depends on what you see and appeals most to you, or what you heard.

That doesn’t answer my question. Who is the better QB?

I think 651akathepaul 651akathepaul hit the nail on the head and DeadsetAce DeadsetAce co-sign as well. Hahahaha Hahahaha are you trying to make some sort of distinction between BEST and GREATEST? You can just say you don't rock with Brady and let it go.

Edit: shoutout to 651 for having Romo in his Top 5 fave. He's in there for me too :pimp:

I don’t like differentiating arm talent and best QB. I’ve seen so many do it, specifically with Rodgers and Brady. It’s a cop out.

It’s a team game, not an individual game.

Rodgers had white Shrek as his coach for years and doesn’t even know when to use a challenge.

Brady has had the greatest coach of all time and top 10 and 15 defenses for at least 4-5 of his SBs.

Its not a cop out. Its an evaluation.

651akathepaul 651akathepaul also said Moss > Rice which is basically what Hahahaha Hahahaha is arguing :lol:
giphy.gif

McCarthy was LEGIT when the Packers won that SB. don't get it twisted. even Packer fans will admit it. but that was years ago and the game has passed white Shrek by since then no doubt. i think that's an excuse Fraud gets that isn't fully accurate

Fraud is having the season he's having this year because he's finally using his brain. he's being patient. he's playing within his offense. taking the easy yards when there. not hucking it down field to huck it downfield just cause he can. sound familiar? :wink:

You're never gonna see Rodgers with Belichick *knock on wood* or Manning with Bill, just the same as many other combos. You evaluate what you see, based on what you have. Assumptions are extrapolated, what has happened is interpretated...it's all up for debate.

It’s a cop out because you’re saying Rodgers is better but Brady has more rings because he was placed in a much better situation so he’s the best. That’s not Rodgers or Marino’s fault.

It’s a team game. Eli gets bashed for being average in most regular seasons BUT in both of his playoff runs he was elite and he beat Brady twice AND made one of the best throws of all time. Yet we always hear about the Giants defense. Why don’t we hear about Brady’s defense and special teams? How many times did a kicker win the SB for him? How many times did he have a top 10 defense?

I also have Moss better than Rice even though rice has better stats and more rings.

One thing I will admit about guys who I view as GOATs like Brady and Rice over Rodgers and Moss is that they have advantages numbers wise because of longevity but I don't think they should be knocked for that. I actually feel that should elevate their status IMO that they produced into their early 40s.

One thing I will admit about guys who I view as GOATs like Brady and Rice over Rodgers and Moss is that they have advantages numbers wise because of longevity but I don't think they should be knocked for that. I actually feel that should elevate their status IMO that they produced into their early 40s.

longevity is part of it IMO. it's part of what makes someone great. it's a punishing sport and there is something to be said about performing at a high level for a long time.

i know winning is related to the team aspect as well but i don't think it can be discounted. it's literally why these guy's play. and dude's who consistently win and are the constant on winning teams over a long period of time, there is something significant there. going back to the arm talent v greatness....it takes more than arm talent and pure skill to win.

It’s a cop out because you’re saying Rodgers is better but Brady has more rings because he was placed in a much better situation so he’s the best. That’s not Rodgers or Marino’s fault

No...Brady is #1 in best QB...Arm talent is different. Jeff George is probably in that top 10 as well, but its what you choose to see. Brady came through in the clutch where Rodgers never did...there's more to it. Brady has the # 1 killer instinct I've ever seen.

There haven’t been two QBs I’ve liked watching more than these two though since I was a teenager so this is just the ultimate pinnacle of it all this Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom