2021 ANGELS SEASON THREAD

Uuuuuuuuggggggggghhhh, any of you just see that? Just gave up the lead in the 8th on missed fundamentals.

Man, look, the other day it was runners on 2nd and 3rd, 1 out, Trout up. They elected to intentionally BB him without throwing a pitch. Ohtani up, bases jacked, 1 out, late in the game.

DP.

Now he's on the mound, in trouble in the 1st. Runners on 1st & 2nd, he walks a guy, with really only one solid pitch. Bases jacked, 0 out.

Walk.

1-0.

Next batter hits it on the button right between 1st and 2nd, scores a couple.

3-0.

Next batter, weak hit in the infield, slightly bobbled by 2b, runner scores.

4-0, no out.

30 pitches, 0 Ks, 3 BBs, 4 runs.

Bases loaded with a bat on his shoulders, we don't score. Bases loaded with him on the mound, they score and score and score some more.

Lots of injuries the last couple years. He had a hot start, but that really seems SOOOOO long ago. One of you wanna convince me we need to stick with him on the mound and in the batter's box? I know not playing him isn't an option, but having him hit right behind Trout?

First start in nearly 2 years, is that what we're hanging our hope on? That it had just been too long?

What about batting? What's the hope there?

Because on both counts, I feel like we're stuck. :/

Man, look, the other day it was runners on 2nd and 3rd, 1 out, Trout up. They elected to intentionally BB him without throwing a pitch. Ohtani up, bases jacked, 1 out, late in the game.

DP.

Now he's on the mound, in trouble in the 1st. Runners on 1st & 2nd, he walks a guy, with really only one solid pitch. Bases jacked, 0 out.

Walk.

1-0.

Next batter hits it on the button right between 1st and 2nd, scores a couple.

3-0.

Next batter, weak hit in the infield, slightly bobbled by 2b, runner scores.

4-0, no out.

30 pitches, 0 Ks, 3 BBs, 4 runs.

Bases loaded with a bat on his shoulders, we don't score. Bases loaded with him on the mound, they score and score and score some more.

Lots of injuries the last couple years. He had a hot start, but that really seems SOOOOO long ago. One of you wanna convince me we need to stick with him on the mound and in the batter's box? I know not playing him isn't an option, but having him hit right behind Trout?

First start in nearly 2 years, is that what we're hanging our hope on? That it had just been too long?

What about batting? What's the hope there?

Because on both counts, I feel like we're stuck. :/

i definitely think you’re overreacting. I would actually prefer we stop babying him and let him hit in every game he doesn’t pitch. He’s our 2nd best pitcher and 2nd best hitter. I’m gonna give him more than one start and one game of hitting.

-Edit-

forgot about Rendon :lol:

3rd best hitter

I may be overreacting, but for me anyways, 2 games does not an overall opinion make. I was saying the same things in his limited time last year, too. I just wasn't on here. It's hard for me not to have the opinion that the promise we saw his rookie season was just coming hot out of the gate and won't be replicated.

Our baserunning is so trash. We managed to score 0 runs in an inning where we had a single, double, single.

Pujols is not a major league caliber player in 2020. He’s an automatic out. If someone is on base, he’s a damn near automatic double play.

Nice swing from Ohtani there. I have nothing but faith in the man.

David Fletcher does everying right. Gonna need to cop his shirsey

Trout looking bad out there. Which means he’ll go on a 2 week tear soon.

Pujols Actually playing well is hilarious :lol:

Bundy strikes out the side
Ohtani steals 2nd
Trout with another bomb.

What a first inning

This team is fun to watch, can't say it enough. Hopefully Fowler is okay. Just need Rendon to get on track and this offense will be nutty.

Reactions: HIM
Back
Top Bottom