2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he’s a top 4 QB in the middle of his prime. He’s a proven commodity, and can completelty alter the state of your franchise the minute he steps foot in the door. Which is different then trading up in the first round for an unknown possibility. You’ve been telling yourself it’ll only take 3 firsts (two this year and next), because that’s what you’re comfortable with. But in reality, because of talent, this has the possibility of being a bigger Herschel Walker 2.0 type of trade.
I didn't say three ... i said 3 first an a second and throw in Sam. This aint the NBA where 1 player is going to take over and turn a franchise around.

You're right, that's what Im comfortable giving up.

This is a player in his prime that does not want to be there.

You're giving up a #2 and #23 or # 3 and #16.

Plus more .... those could pay out or be bust, but that's 4 perhaps 5 picks for a team that's cash strap and doesn't have any picks and finished with 4 wins.

Last edited:
That also doesn’t have to be traded. I know the Texans have been viewed as a laughing stock when it comes to trades, but they can’t screw this up. Realistically, I don’t think the Texans are going to view Darnold as a must in any deal.

That also doesn’t have to be traded. I know the Texans have been viewed as a laughing stock when it comes to trades, but they can’t screw this up. Realistically, I don’t think the Texans are going to view Darnold as a must in any deal.

lol. Do we ever know what the Texans are gonna do or how they view anyone?

sure we traded the farm for a starting LT, but now we don’t even have a QB for him to even protect. Hate this team.

So not trading a player that obvious doesn't want to be there is going to make sense? Especially coming off a monster year? When they have potential to aquire multiple draft picks? How does this make sense?

The question is, can they get more than what I think is fair. Yes, absolutely, but where are those picks going to fall? How are they going to be next year. You have to make an educated guess ... if Watson goes to X team are they playoff bound or still going to be a below .500 team which mean high draft picks?

One thing that I learned is that we gotta stop projecting where a 1st round pick is gonna be. Everyone though in the Tunsil trade that the Texans pick could be between 20-late 20s.... it ended up being #3.

Not saying those picks are going to be Top 5, but if they are in between 8-15, the trade starts looking different.

i mean the rams are in the hardest division in football.. they don’t even have to be bad to miss the playoffs or if they have a couple injuries for things go south

look at the 9ers

but with the Texans, team was coming off of winning the afc south and winning a playoff game.. traded up for deshaun, trading a future 1st.. things fall apart that next year and they end up 4-12 and with the 4th overall pick, but that‘s going to Cleveland

I used to think since Dolphins were projected to finish with a worst record than Houston both picks kind of even out but yea it's way DIFFERENT if the pick is number 3 overall :lol: :smh:

That’s also a situation that was a total anomaly and not at all the norm

So not trading a player that obvious doesn't want to be there is going to make sense? Especially coming off a monster year? When they have potential to aquire multiple draft picks? How does this make sense?

The question is, can they get more than what I think is fair. Yes, absolutely, but where are those picks going to fall? How are they going to be next year. You have to make an educated guess ... if Watson goes to X team are they playoff bound or still going to be a below .500 team which mean high draft picks?

I’m saying they don’t have to trade him just to trade. He’s going to command a higher compensation than Stafford. Again, where the picks fall should not matter. The dolphins got a haul from Houston for Tunsil. No where did they imagine that one of those 1st rounders were going to turn into the #3 pick this year. The Texans were a game away from the AFC championship game last year. I’m not following that thinking from you either. Those teams that trade for him should see a significant rise in the standings. I mean you want the jets to trade for him but think they’ll have a high pick?

If Jamal Adams fetched 2 1's, I'm not buying that + some change would be enough for a top 5 QB :lol:

Curious & serious question, what two young defensive starters do the Jets have that are assets to trade?

You can’t afford include Q. Williams & CJ Mosley? Right?

A88EA4D5-CBFA-4D12-BC95-1DFAAAFCC1AD.jpeg

dont be surprised if Q is part of the deal. I think he will be.

why?

if I’m jete, I tell them they can have whoever but becton and quinnen

but they got like 4 guys they can build around.. quinnen, becton, mims and I think Marcus maye is good too

I’m saying they don’t have to trade him just to trade. He’s going to command a higher compensation than Stafford. Again, where the picks fall should not matter. The dolphins got a haul from Houston for Tunsil. No where did they imagine that one of those 1st rounders were going to turn into the #3 pick this year. The Texans were a game away from the AFC championship game last year. I’m not following that thinking from you either. Those teams that trade for him should see a significant rise in the standings. I mean you want the jets to trade for him but think they’ll have a high pick?

Bill O Brian screwed that team royally. From what I’m seeing, their cap situation sucks so they really can’t do much to improve the team via free agency. They don’t have a first or second pick so improving the team via the draft is going to be tough too. On top of that, the Texans went 4-12 WITH Deshaun Watson putting up crazy numbers on a bad team. How much worse than 4-12 can you really get if he gets traded?

That said, trading him and getting a proper return may be the only way to hit that reset button and get the necessary picks the prior regime foolishly squandered, but like you said, it makes no sense to trade him just to trade him unless they get the offer they think will set the organization up to rebuild properly.

Seems like Watson has issues with the Texans ownership, but I wouldn’t be surprised and wouldn’t blame the new Gm and coach for trying to sell him on their plan and separate themselves from the prior regime. I doubt it works, but makes sense to do everything possible to try and repair things.

Bill O Brian screwed that team royally. From what I’m seeing, their cap situation sucks so they really can’t do much to improve the team via free agency. They don’t have a first or second pick so improving the team via the draft is going to be tough too. On top of that, the Texans went 4-12 WITH Deshaun Watson putting up crazy numbers on a bad team. How much worse than 4-12 can you really get if he gets traded?

That said, trading him and getting a proper return may be the only way to hit that reset button and get the necessary picks the prior regime foolishly squandered, but like you said, it makes no sense to trade him just to trade him unless they get the offer they think will set the organization up to rebuild properly.

Seems like Watson has issues with the Texans ownership, but I wouldn’t be surprised and wouldn’t blame the new Gm and coach for trying to sell him on their plan and separate themselves from the prior regime. I doubt it works, but makes sense to do everything possible to try and repair things.

Very proud of the Texans and what they've done. They are one of my teams and they've done an amazing job. Deshaun will be a Texan today, now and forever.

Its amazing the language between Stafford and Rodgers when they are about the same talent wise.

Stafford is the goods.

He just has never had support.

Yes he ONE receiver.

Him and Calvin couldn't beat the world.

Not sure how much he has left though.

A shame and cruel world we live in when he finally gets a team during the twilight of his career.

Rodgers is better. Stafford is good but I worried about injuries and his age. I’m not going to pretend I watched a tons of recent Lions game but I do know he was less productive than in seasons past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom