2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

1588078662998.png

Talkin bout these.

These new 7-11s remind me of 6.0s that I had, in a bad way. Also it looks like the heel tab nike logo is done to look like the 7-11 logo.

can we all just take a minute and pour one out for how uncomfy dunk highs are now compared to this era and its materials and tooling?

can we all just take a minute and pour one out for how uncomfy dunk highs are now compared to this era and its materials and tooling?

I completely agree with this.... I recently brought Tiffany’s high and holy crap those killed my feet!! They were so stiff and so much slimmer I thought I had brought fakes.

My Japan trip in October of this year is up in the air. As great as 7-11 in Japan is (my brother gave me a very detailed account of his experience there + brought me back a lot of treats) that doesn't make me want some ugly, tacky shoes :ohwell:

My only real issue with them is the huge 7-eleven logo on them. Just makes them feel like a cheap marketing gimmick some lazy brand team came up with and brought to Nike.

I've been going to 7-elevn daily for years though. From the days of grabbing two cans of 99 cent Arnold Palmers and a handful of vanilla dutches. To my filthy pack a day habit which I quit last year. The shoe is my spirit animal. I just wish it didn't have that big *** logo.

Some of the wild collabs that come with a backstory and meaning are really cool. Look at some of the real classics from back in the day, they were all risky and “loud”, we all covet them because of the efforts and design concept that came behind them. That’s when we go from just being a HypeBeast to actually becoming a sneaker head and appreciating what came with it.

But these are trash, we haven’t heard a story, and it just seems like and easy money grab with no originality which has made SBs so much fun.
I agree to an extent. I started collecting in the late 90's and went through the first SB craze. Some colorways were definitely out there and I would say most people only bought them because of the hype. Some people didn't care to know the background on many of the designs and honestly some shoes didn't have much of a background - they were just 'designed' by a known individual who happen to like certain colors. Now, these 7-11. I don't mind the colors, but I wish the logo wasn't where it is. If it had to be there I would have preferred it on the tongue.

Only reason I would get the 7/11 is for my nephew since he was born on that date,

I’m glad there isn’t a Bucees collab..... if you are up north and don’t know.... think Walmart sized gas station with 100+ gas pumps
I’d have to have multiples just because...

I visit my local Bucees several times a week
44oz fountain drinks for 79¢ and 99¢ ICEEs
Don’t even get me started on the breakfast tacos

it’s worth a google

Back
Top Bottom