2024 NBA Draft Thread - the hawks might be on the clock

Personally, I'm not taking a rim runner/rim protector w/ a high end lottery pick unless he projects to be transcendent in those categories. It's why I was so against the Wiseman pick.

I'm comfortable w/ Duren mid-late lottery. I'd love him @ 10.
Has Rob Williams’ finals performance changed anyone’s mind re rim-running/rim protector bigs?

I thought he was dominant defensively. Or is he just an outlier?

I like Duren and Mark Williams in this draft. They feel like safe bets compared to almost all the wings.

"Murray is a dream fit next to Myles Turner as a floor spacer who can also defend on the perimeter. In a way, Murray is a bit like Domantas Sabonis—if the latter were a better defender, a knockdown shooter, and a low-maintenance offensive presence."

:lol:
so not like him at all? :lol:

Has Rob Williams’ finals performance changed anyone’s mind re rim-running/rim protector bigs?

I like Duren and Mark Williams in this draft. They feel like safe bets compared to almost all the wings.
No, Timelord can switch on most perimeter guys and is an elite rim protector. Most guys don’t project to be that. You’d have to be an absolutely special defender to go Top 10 as a rim runner in my opinion

Robert Williams would have been a late lottery pick if not for "character concerns".

I think Chet has the highest potential of those three guys but I just would be very scared to draft him based off his body and the fact that at least visually, it kind of looks like he has Marian, and now with no medical, just feel like it’s a massive risk.

I think Chet has the highest potential of those three guys but I just would be very scared to draft him based off his body and the fact that at least visually, it kind of looks like he has Marian, and now with no medical, just feel like it’s a massive risk.

He hasn't dealt with many injuries despite his thin frame Victor is seen as top 2 pick for next year and has been much more injury prone than Chet.

Roddy got be my favorite non lottery prospect.
like a mix between desmond bane and grant williams.

Love him.

Him and LaRavia are the two late first round guys I look at and see glaringly obvious roles for that they seem ready made to fill without a ton of projection.

If Chet really has Marfan, hes not even gonna be allowed to get drafted
Its a serious disease. Eye, heart and lung problems
Remember Isaiah Austin? He had mild marfan and they wouldnt let him even be in the draft after his physical
Its not like Chet can pull a fast one and hide it. Teams are super thorough on physicals

Last edited:
Outside of the EBYL FT shooting stat, dude had literally no other actual basketball angle in regards to Sharpe included in that entire article :lol:

He set out to talk himself out of taking him high and all of his rationale shaped everything from there

I get that there wasn't a season to analyze but going off on all this other non basketball stuff was a reach. Regardless if Sharpe is a bust or not

Back
Top Bottom