2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, be pretentious about it. This is exactly my point but go off about your supposed superiority and your degree when over 90% of what you do was taught to you on the job and degrees are nothing more but a gatekeeping tool.

GO OFF

I have a doctorate and 100% agree with this. Sure you maybe have a professor or someone you met during practice that stood out and helped you a lot, but a vast majority of what you did to obtain your prestigious degree or certifications is really self taught. Just gotta use the right resources.

Obviously you need real hands on practice in certain fields, so you can’t watch YouTube and become a surgeon.

I have a doctorate and 100% agree with this. Sure you maybe have a professor or someone you met during practice that stood out and helped you a lot, but a vast majority of what you did to obtain your prestigious degree or certifications is really self taught. Just gotta use the right resources.

Obviously you need real hands on practice in certain fields, so you can’t watch YouTube and become a surgeon.
The thing is nawghtyhare nawghtyhare comments on the matter where basically this. He wasn't fighting against elitism.

He was basically saying he could read some books and be able to do a doctor's or lawyers job. He was ****ting on people in those professions. Not defending workers generally.

That is why I am not entertaining antidope antidope take even though there are some parts I might agree with. Because the comments that motivated his post where not about highly educated people looking down on people outside their field. It was the opposite.

Like if you need life saving surgery, and Nawghty comes in holding a scalpel talking about "he been reading, you good"; are you gonna let mans' Oreo dust covered fingers slice you open?

You know he probably let his malpractice insurance lapse too.

Last edited:
over 90% of what you do was taught to you on the job and degrees are nothing more but a gatekeeping tool.

GO OFF

I was talking to a dude at the dog park about this today. I can’t remember the last time I applied anything I learned in college to my job. It’s like 40% what I learned at previous jobs and 60% learning on-the-fly. I’m somehow an SEO copywriter now. I didn’t even know what SEO was 5 years ago :lol:

The thing is nawghtyhare nawghtyhare comments on the matter where basically this. He wasn't fighting against elitism.

He was basically saying he could read some books and be able to do a doctor's or lawyers job. He was ****ting on people in those professions. Not defending workers generally.

That is why I am not entertaining antidope antidope take even though there are some parts I might agree with. Because the comments that motivated his post where not about highly educated people looking down on people outside their field. It was the opposite.

Like if you need life saving surgery, and Nawghty comes in holding a scalpel talking he been reading, you good; are you gonna let mans' Oreo dust covered fingers slice you open?

You know he probably let his malpractice insurance lapse too.
My point was that most things can't be taught and the idea that it can't is what permeates through society andcreated this class warfare and people go through extreme lengths to protect it so they can feel superior to people via the veil of it being "skilled labour"

My point was that most things can't be taught and the idea that it can't is what permeates through society andcreated this class warfare and people go through extreme lengths to protect it so they can feel superior to people via the veil of it being "skilled labour"
Ok fine

I am inclined to agree

And I am inclined not to seriously engage with you when you are in full chaos agent mode. :lol:

Never heard Beethoven playing out the whip.
Heard Zay Tiggy though.
qe1gsc6ut8g71.jpg

Ant would never call it a "Jam."

They gotta stop letting these corny corporate boys write lines for us man.

Reminds me how English-Speaking shows that have a hispanic person in it always have to make them say a random Spanish word. Snowfall is one of the worst offenders. Why would Oso ever say anything in Spanish to Saint? :lol:

“Orale let’s to your casa before they see us amigo”

:lol: :smh:

At least Oso is a native speaker lol Some of these shows got these actors speaking some struggle Spanish :lol: :smh:

Like this is how I know they are watching. Two dudes coming out of the rafters like sting posting

Y’all see it
NBA threads always been like that on NT…Alotta ppl check on it just to see what’s going on since it’s consistently active and random **** be happening…they don’t know or care bout the league or basketball, kinda like most NBA content on social media in general :lol: :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom