2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your argument is Klay was a #2 his whole career that’s fair. But ray does what better? Everything is even stats wise. He can dribble better? He’s a better athlete? This means what in a head to head comparison?

Production.
Production while shooting open looks playing next to the best shooter ever and best PG of an era. Ray drove the bus.

Production while shooting open looks playing next to the best shooter ever and best PG of an era. Ray drove the bus.

Come on man Klay isn’t Duncan Robinson. Look at these two videos. A lot of the same play types and actions. WE are better than this

Lowkey the Sonics should've won the chip in 2005. Rashard missed 3 games in the last series vs the spurs with an ankle injury and Ray's three at the end of game 6 rimmed out. I'll never forgive Nate for sticking VITALY POTAPENKO ON TIM DUNCAN with the season on the line :smh:

Come on man Klay isn’t Duncan Robinson. Look at these two videos. A lot of the same play types and actions. WE are better than this

Not Duncan at all. Klay a HOFer. Also looking at Klay in year 5 versus Ray in year 9 :lol:. Younger Ray was a different level of athlete than Klay has ever been. We can definitely agree to that. I just want to know what makes him better than Ray?

Not Duncan at all. Klay a HOFer. Also looking at Klay in year 5 versus Ray in year 9 :lol:. Younger Ray was a different level of athlete than Klay has ever been. We can definitely agree to that. I just want to know what makes him better than Ray?

Definitely a better athlete. Would put the ball on the ground more too. I’m asking what makes ray better though, even with those physical advantages? Some seem to think it’s an insult when their production is almost identical. They got buckets in a very similar fashion. Klay was a better shooter. Better defender too
#sametier

Definitely a better athlete. Would put the ball on the ground more too. I’m asking what makes ray better though, even with those physical advantages? Some seem to think it’s an insult when their production is almost identical. They got buckets in a very similar fashion. Klay was a better shooter. Better defender too
#sametier

We saying their peak production was the same? I conceded Klay was a better shooter. Ray a better scorer and playmaker easily. Klay a more perfect second fiddle as a young guy. Ray was the engine around lesser talent.

See below.

One guy has played off ball his entire career alongside Steve Curry, a point center, and 3 years of Kevin Durant.

Apples and oxtails.

We saying their peak production was the same? I conceded Klay was a better shooter. Ray a better scorer and playmaker easily. Klay a more perfect second fiddle as a young guy. Ray was the engine around lesser talent.

See below.

Again the engine on a team missing the playoffs. A team that made it past the second round once. I’m making sure we are saying Klay couldn’t do that.

Again the engine on a team missing the playoffs. A team that made it past the second round once. I’m making sure we are saying Klay couldn’t do that.
If we’re being honest about the talent on those teams? Nope, still not sure Klay could do that tbh

1657299565953.gif

The concept of being THE guy on a good team is NOT overrated. We all agree to this. We literally debate players rankings on the pantheon largely based on their success with this. We argue about whether contracts are worth it on this basis as well.

I was intentionally precise with my words. Yes, all of those teams had “THEE GUY” but that guy needed a he infrastructure in place (coaching and roster) to make it happen. If that we’re not the case then the best player would simply will his team to the championship every season…like they did in like the 50-70s :lol:

But yes, winning a championship 100% starts with the top fellow on the team and he needs to have the “dawg” in him but coaching decisions and the #2-7/8 doing their part. And to be clear I am not saying this to take away from away from some of the amazing Finals performances we have seen nor am I saying it to prop up tremendous playoff runs that fell short. I am just attempting to highlight nuance that gets lost in debates such as Klay vs Ray vs Reggie

Ray Allen also DID NOT miss the playoffs in 4 consecutive seasons :lol:

He missed the playoffs in 02-03 because he got traded around the deadline from a team with a winning record in the East at the time to a team that was 6 games below .500 in the West at the ASB.

Can’t let y’all get ADDICTed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom