2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
D44CA1BD-5C6B-4597-9164-F69C1D42A930.jpeg
E8535901-0E0C-4734-85E4-605C90C19903.jpeg
Pool be having that bill Clinton eye contact

The Warriors scared the hell out of me that series. That **** was not inspiring at all outside of Game 6 Klay. And 2022 Steph isn’t hitting like the old days (pause). Like every time he shoots I don’t even expect it to go in anymore.

Steph’s got at least another series left before I say anything but I want to make a formal apology to my man’s BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE for my take on the Harden trade. I was wrong on that one. Big time. The decline was real. Looking that disinterested in a close out game was simply unacceptable. They may have been better off with high level role players. You were right and I was wrong pleighboi. Free Morey.

Sucks we have no games today but I’m going to try to take advantage of the night off and meet up with some yambs :nthat:

It is pretty much the same crowd

I’m not sure why people keep talking about “they should’ve never moved the arena to SF” when it comes to the type of crowd

Yes San Francisco is not the same city it was 10+ years ago in terms of demographics, but all types of people from all over the Bay Area have been going to Warriors games for decades. A lot of these rich dudes with no enthusiasm live all over including Oakland/East Bay. Oakland is :pimp: but residents by themselves don’t even come close to filling up their stadiums; A’s games are ghost towns, Raiders games were heavily dependent on fans from LA/out of town

The problem is the pricing and demand. At Oracle, before they started winning multiple championships, I used to be able to get lower level seats for $40-100 depending on the game and often went to games 2-3 weeks in a row. In my broke days I could get upper level for $10-30. Pricing like that typically draws a much more enthusiastic crowd vs. games charging $200-300 for OK seats and becoming more of a high demand spectacle for tech bros/tourists to show how well off you are to be going to games. The rich tech dudes were always there at the front seats, but now they make a much higher % of fans at games compared to peak Oracle days

Last edited:
I think there’s some nuance here though between basketball in the NBA being a job versus him loving to hoop. Kyrie clearly loves to hoop but struggles with the professional aspects of the NBA, imo

I think at the higher/highest levels in every profession there are people who want to bring something to it and others who like the benefits it brings.

I think Harden likes what it brings. Kyrie is like a grey area. I have to agree with SAS…he just wants to live life and hoop on his own terms. Like he never wants to answer to anyone again. Which is fair and reasonable….but as a basketball player? You aren’t running your own company and you got teammates, including one of your “best friends”, depending on you. EYE would say he has to do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom