2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know what kind of tangent you’re trying to take me on

Playing 2 3/D guys appears to be a tough way to win playoff games late. Suns. Mavericks. Harden rockets.

my point is your claim imo is basically indistinguishable from
"having better players makes it easier to win the in the playoffs."

3 and D player are valuable because they are
the most valuable type of non star offensive engine player type.

like obviously Dallas would love to trade Bullock and DFS for Tatum or Brown.
the problem is those players are usually not available.

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat as promised…

26447-F52-6-FD3-43-BE-9-AD2-CB0128-D50-C36.jpg

This gonna be an easy sweep.

Mavs building around a traffic cone who holds the ball on offense, but is also not efficient of a scorer. I foresee another "when will he win a ring" player until everyone eventually doesn't care anymore ala Melo, Harden, McGrady, etc in Doncic.

my point is your claim imo is basically indistinguishable from
"having better players makes it easier to win the in the playoffs."

3 and D player are valuable because they are
the most valuable type of non star offensive engine player type.

like obviously Dallas would love to trade Bullock and DFS for Tatum or Brown.
the problem is those players are usually not available.

I didn’t say they were overrated. I said having to play 2 of them heavy minutes is tough.

Well at least the Mavs are going home so the shots should continue to fall and they learned to probably not hunt Looney as much anymore.

Dinwiddie wanted no parts of this game either. He was passing to Bullock in the corner when he was covered.

Maybe he wakes up Sunday, we'll see

Hard to beat a team 56% FG 50% 3pt
Remind me of Celtics the other night they was shooting the lights out

I just think you want support players with no weaknesses.

Dallas 3 and D guys aren't even that incredible, they just don't have glaring weaknesses

and because of that when you add in Luka they play better than the sum of their parts.

I didn’t say they were overrated. I said having to play 2 of them heavy minutes is tough.
Yall going back and forth on this and the math is easy. You can win a title with Dorian and Reggie playing strong rotation minutes and spending a ton of minutes on the floor together.

You probably can't win one if they're both playing 40 minutes a night and you're playing Dorian at the 4 and your center is Maxi Kleber for most of the night.

If Dallas had an even halfway competent rim protector tonight they probably weather most of that second half storm and at least have a chance to win the game late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom