2023 Official MLB Season Thread

After that catch I told my girl “he’s up next, he’s gonna DONG”…….then BOOM!
What a stud

Last edited:
amazing how salty i am right now watching 2 teams i can't stand play :angry:

brat-mad.gif

Another thing.....

Baseball just cant seem to get out of its own way. Last night was supposed to be a celebration of our sport. The Giants and Dodgers are one of the oldest rivalries in professional sports. The oldest in baseball. It was the first time these two teams met in the playoffs. It was a win and move on and lose and go home game. The only show in town last night. Amazing game. Every pitch was tense. Its what baseball is all about and why we all love the sport.

It was a game that should have been celebrated and talked about for a long time. We wake up less that 12 hours later and whats the only thing being talked about? Not Logan Webb throwing a gem. Not Dave Roberts managing the game brilliantly. Not a former MVP who looked all year like one of the worst players in baseball having a redemption moment and eliminating his rival.

No. We have to talk about none of that. All thats over any sports station or any media outlet is the blown call to end the game. That umpire should be ashamed of himself. Absolutely zero sense of the magnitude of the moment. He took what should have been an all time memorable moment/series and stole the spotlight by making the story about him. Its such a shame. Baseball should be talked about today with nothing but glowing reviews and positive comments. Instead, its nothing but negativity with the umps being the headline again.

Maddening.

/rant
Makes for a good 30 for 30, though.
And the Dodgers moved on.
I’m okay with it.

Check swing reviews should only be for the K like you said. If they review every check swing, games would be forever.

But I also believe they have to come up with a concrete definition of a check swing...
I’m from the school that any play any time within reason(or with guidelines set) should be reviewable. It doesn’t have to take as long as it does. I don’t understand why the Umps even have to gather in a huddle and put in headphones and wait. They should be just waiting in place for the call to come down from those sitting infornt of 100 TV’s and Camera angles. Once the call is held up or overturned they just call it out over the loud speaker and keep it moving, game on. Even us at home always see the “true play” within seconds, or as soon as they show the 1st or 2nd or 3rd camera angle. It legit takes seconds to review, and seconds to announce decision, it only takes minutes now because we are Humans, and we do really stupid ****, all the time, for no reason.

Long story short….you could review 30plays in one game if you had to and not add more than 10extra minutes, we just choose to be human, and want to be involved.

Back
Top Bottom