2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Twins are outscoring the Mariners in the series 36-11, with today's game yet to go. You're looking at a possible 30+ run differential in one series. :lol:

Everything I read always says 2020.

Seems like Yordan Alvarez is leapfrogging Kyle Tucker for the Astros top hitting prospect. Dude has been destroying the ball.
Tucker has been hitting too. Alvarez needs to be at 1B sooner than later. Let Yuli DH. I’m over Tyler White. He stinks.

They're leaving Mickey Callaway in Miami. Brodie Van Wagenen is also responsible for this. Come and get us he said. The Mets are the team to beat in order to pad your record. He needs to be on the hot seat as well.

They need to throw his *** out the exit window of the team plane 30,000 feet above the Atlantic Ocean along with Jeff and Fred Wilpon.

Mickey is a trash manager. But the teams problems go beyond him. This isn’t an above average roster with a bad manager. They probably win about 3-4 more games top with a better manager. BVW didn’t exactly inherit the best situation (not defending him), but too early to judge him off one offseason.

But with the exception of 2015-16, the Mets collective body of work over the past decade has been trash. 3 different managers, they’re on their 3rd gm now and 8, going on 9 losing seasons since 2009.

The problem starts at top, but you can’t fire owners. Meddling owners who aren’t easy to work and think they know it all aren’t going to attract the best candidates on both the gm and managerial level. I can’t blame Alex Cora for turning this **** show down in favor of a functional organization like the Red Sox.

Anyhow. I’m done ranting on this piss poor trainwreck organization. I don’t wish death on the Wilpons, but let a Donald Sterling like incident happen or something that forces MLB’s hand to get them to sell.

They need to throw his *** out the exit window of the team plane 30,000 feet above the Atlantic Ocean along with Jeff and Fred Wilpon.

Mickey is a trash manager. But the teams problems go beyond him. This isn’t an above average roster with a bad manager. They probably win about 3-4 more games top with a better manager. BVW didn’t exactly inherit the best situation (not defending him), but too early to judge him off one offseason.

But with the exception of 2015-16, the Mets collective body of work over the past decade has been trash. 3 different managers, they’re on their 3rd gm now and 8, going on 9 losing seasons since 2009.

The problem starts at top, but you can’t fire owners. Meddling owners who aren’t easy to work and think they know it all aren’t going to attract the best candidates on both the gm and managerial level. I can’t blame Alex Cora for turning this **** show down in favor of a functional organization like the Red Sox.

Anyhow. I’m done ranting on this piss poor trainwreck organization. I don’t wish death on the Wilpons, but let a Donald Sterling like incident happen or something that forces MLB’s hand to get them to sell.

They collaborated with Bernie Madoff in his Ponzi scheme to the point where they were beneficiaries and had to pay victims. That was incentive for Selig to move in and force a sale. The Wilpons giving him a reacharound was enough for MLB to ignore it yet moved in on Frank McCourt for much less.

They were buddy buddy with Selig. How that wasn’t the writing on the wall was beyond me. Frank McCourt, who didn’t have that same relationship with Selig was a convenient target.

Personally the Mets play in New York, they should have a budget similar to that of the Dodgers, Yankees and Red Sox and operate the same ways. They should be consistently in the mix free agency wise pursuing top talent that’s available to fill positions of need. They shouldn’t be operating like a mid market franchise that throws the fans an occasional cookie (cespedes deal, resigning deGrom) to say look we’re trying while being passive most the time. Goes beyond spending though because even when they did spend pre Madoff, they spent horribly.

And if they’re going to operate like a mid marker team, they need to have that farm system as one of the best in baseball stock piled with cheap young talent under team control for years.

I rarely post in here, but the **** show gets old. I’ll root for them to win. But I’ve been way less financially invested in them in terms of going to games, etc.

I know the answer.

Red Sox hitters struggled in 17. The next year they hit a ton and won World Series.

Cubs hitters struggled in 18. So far in 19 they seem to be hitting quite well.

Mets hitters struggling in 19.

Chili Davis, hitting coach each of last 3 teams/seasons mentioned above.

I thought Cano was good for 1 or 2 more all-star years.

He couldnt give us half a season.
lolololol

What the opposite of a DH?
Cuz I'd rather have Cano's defense and someone else bat for him.

Im so tired of seeing J.Lagares and J.Familia in mets jerseys.

Im not giving up on the season yet.

Harper with some bombs this past weekend. Lets see if he can carry it over to the cubs series

Nice sweep of the rockies

what a FIRE edit. honestly brought chills listening to Kalas call a HR again

Last edited:
Harper with some bombs this past weekend. Lets see if he can carry it over to the cubs series

Nice sweep of the rockies

what a FIRE edit. honestly brought chills listening to Kalas call a HR again

Chris this was mashed :sick: .

francis.png

Back
Top Bottom