2023 Official MLB Season Thread

We discussed keepers and dland complained about snake drafting. I can live with no keepers if the majority votes that way. This league looks like it’s toast for the future though and will need to be properly revamped next year.

We discussed keepers and dland complained about snake drafting. I can live with no keepers if the majority votes that way. This league looks like it’s toast for the future though and will need to be properly revamped next year.

Toast or revamped moving forward is fine. But people need to pay. I am very passionate about this. People need to stop being cheap and sack up.

Yeah fine with revamp, works for me

I let my boy run my team and told him I’d split the profit. Dude forgot about the league as soon as fantasy football began and choked in the playoffs :lol:

Nope. Not missing the point, nor is any of the rest of what you wrote accurate at all, which is why I crossed it out.

The idea was floated to start a keeper league the night of the 26th of March. The morning of the 27th of March, there was a discussion on league fees. The league was created and johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm CLEARLY posted on the league main page it would be a $25 buy in. He wrote that note on the 30th of March. We then drafted in April.

CP just because YOU didnt know it was for money, doesnt mean that you can just skip out on paying. Thats some real childish behavior. As a longtime member of NT, you should be ashamed of yourself for handling this the way you are. Putting aside the fact that we are talking about a measly $25 bucks, you are basically penalizing the league because YOU didnt read. That's not a league issue. Thats a YOU issue.

Do the right thing and pay JRS.

Maybe I did miss it, but I did not CLEARLY join this league to play for money. How can you tell?

I drafted Contreras, Rizzo, Baez, Schwarber, Eloy, Hamels, Quintana, Lester, Darvish, ........basically a way to get updates to my phone about my players during the season. :lol:

You think I'd join a money league and then draft all players from one team? C'mon. I was passing up damn near every good player I could just to take my guys to follow during the year.

Maybe I did miss it, but I did not CLEARLY join this league to play for money. How can you tell?

I drafted Contreras, Rizzo, Baez, Schwarber, Eloy, Hamels, Quintana, Lester, Darvish, ........basically a way to get updates to my phone about my players during the season. :lol:

You think I'd join a money league and then draft all players from one team? C'mon. I was passing up damn near every good player I could just to take my guys to follow during the year.

Do I think you would join a money league and draft all players from one team? Irrelevant. It isnt my job to judge your drafting strategy. Plus, even if I did find it odd you drafted that way, its only $25 bucks. Its not some huge investment or anything.

Just do the right thing and paypal JRS. It was posted in multiple places before the league started. Not our fault you missed it.

Although it’s another losing year for the White Sox I’ve seen plenty of good things this year.

Moncada is an absolute stud.
Eloy is only going to get better in his second year.
Giolito’s turn around from one of the worst SP last year to a All star this year
Tim anderson is in the race for a batting title
Abreu another 30 & 100 year

With Robert & madrigal coming up next year and hopefully a healthy Kopech the arrow is pointing up but it’s time for Reinsdorf and Hahn to go all in on trying to be competitive. Go and sign some damn arms

61BFFA48-03A1-4A69-92AD-6917FF8C8C61.jpeg

Squabbling over 25 American dollars.

Do the right thing CP.

Not about 25, or 2.50.

I've been in probably 50+ NT leagues. NBA, MLB, NFL. I'm usually in 4-5 per year for YEARS.

Never played for a nickel. I didn't sign up for a money league, I accepted an invite to just another NT league.

When it got brought up a month ago or so I said the same thing, just repay the ones who paid. Half the league hasn't paid, not just me. They likely feel the same as me.

And remember, I'm not dead last or anything, I'm in the playoffs right now. With like 8 Cubs. :lol:
I have 8 because I use the league and app to get updates on my players, not play for money. Something I've made clear for a while now.

Not about 25, or 2.50.

I've been in probably 50+ NT leagues. NBA, MLB, NFL. I'm usually in 4-5 per year for YEARS.

Never played for a nickel. I didn't sign up for a money league, I accepted an invite to just another NT league.

When it got brought up a month ago or so I said the same thing, just repay the ones who paid. Half the league hasn't paid, not just me. They likely feel the same as me.

And remember, I'm not dead last or anything, I'm in the playoffs right now. With like 8 Cubs. :lol:
I have 8 because I use the league and app to get updates on my players, not play for money. Something I've made clear for a while now.

You keep bringing up points that are irrelevant. So you have played in 50 Niketalk leagues and never played for a nickle. Cool. Those clearly werent for money. This one was. And well established before hand.

And for the record, the so called "half the league" that hasnt paid because "they likely feel the same way as you" is actually two other people, who we are all trying to get in touch with. I find it hard to believe they will be as difficult about this as you have been.

Bottom line, even if you indeed made an honest mistake and never inteded to join a money league, you need to own up to your mistake. It was a $25 mistake. You say you didnt sign up for a money league....no thats exactly what you did. You just didnt read so you didnt realize it. It shouldnt be nearly the big deal you are making this out to be.

Do the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom