2024 NBA Draft Thread - the hawks might be on the clock

Wright-Foreman is a hot pick, I like it a lot. I watch every conference tournament. :lol: This guy is good, he could be the leading scorer of a second unit.

Last edited:
Wright-Foreman is a hot pick, I like it a lot. I watch every conference tournament. :lol: This guy is good, he could be the leading scorer of a second unit.
One of the best scorers in college for sure. Dude was dropping 40 with ease. Hard to do that against NBA comp though. Gotta remember that's against lower tier mid-majors in the CAA like Charleston and Drexel. Hard to get that green light as well and he's on the Jazz where there's a more established offensive system

Miye Oni was the best pick of the second round. He’s gonna be one of the 15-20 best players from this class.

Shamorie Ponds
Lou king
Naz Reid
Jalen Lecque

All undrafted.

I swear being from NY/NJ the biggest curse basketball wise. Aside from Shamorie who actually probably should have left last year, all of those kids had the physical profile and games to be 1st round picks with more patience.

It’s funny to see a kid like Ty end up being the one drafted cause Ty was the only one who wasn’t MCD’s All-American. Ty has one of the worst physical profiles you could have but Ty’s focus has always been on just playing and winning since he was in HS.

Seeing all these Jelly Fam kids transferring and get unstaffed, it’s like they thought this **** would just get handed to them. I just wish they had that hunger but all these kids feel like they made it so early that they stop developing that drive.

Shamorie Ponds
Lou king
Naz Reid
Jalen Lecque

All undrafted.

I swear being from NY/NJ the biggest curse basketball wise. Aside from Shamorie who actually probably should have left last year, all of those kids had the physical profile and games to be 1st round picks with more patience.

It’s funny to see a kid like Ty end up being the one drafted cause Ty was the only one who wasn’t MCD’s All-American. Ty has one of the worst physical profiles you could have but Ty’s focus has always been on just playing and winning since he was in HS.

Seeing all these Jelly Fam kids transferring and get unstaffed, it’s like they thought this **** would just get handed to them. I just wish they had that hunger but all these kids feel like they made it so early that they stop developing that drive.

Jalen got his 2 guaranteed years though

Tri State area been washed as far as basketball talent, so many other Metro areas have surpassed it in producing hoop talent now

Shamorie Ponds
Lou king
Naz Reid
Jalen Lecque

All undrafted.

I feel like as the NBA continues to grow in popularity, you'll start to see more and more guys finding paths into the league beyond the lottery, first round, etc.

You're already seeing it w/two way deals, the last NBA champs, it's happening. And w/only 60 spots, you're going to see more of this because as the NBA grows, so does it's talent and the number of NBA quality guys will just continue to grow, while the draft cap won't.

I feel like as the NBA continues to grow in popularity, you'll start to see more and more guys finding paths into the league beyond the lottery, first round, etc.

You're already seeing it w/two way deals, the last NBA champs, it's happening. And w/only 60 spots, you're going to see more of this because as the NBA grows, so does it's talent and the number of NBA quality guys will just continue to grow, while the draft cap won't.
Yup alotta ppl on that “why would he leave?!?” stuff don’t realize that more cats are leaving school cuz slipping to the 2nd round or going undrafted ain’t as bad as it used to be ...they changed it so they can sign these types of players to guaranteed contracts, multi year deals above the minimum, 2 way deals, and they raised the G league money a bit

Before these changes all you were fighting for was a year to year minimum contract or $20k d league deal if you went 2nd round or undrafted ...Silver was saying they might look into another round tho once they get the 30 g league team set up

warriors got 3 of the best players in the draft. all 3 could have been first pick

Denver has good scouts but they've kinda been taking some high risk picks these past two years

Low risk/high reward

We didnt even have a pick last night and finessed Bol Bol for a future 2nd and cash.

MPJ was another low risk/high reward pick.

At that point in the draft there was nobody left better to go with. We'll see what we got in him this year but both guys have been solid picks/remarkable value.

Nugs quietly adding pieces and getting stronger.

Very happy with last nights results all things considered.

And nothing wrong with that interview. That's just his personality. Dudes a kid. He doesn't need to act/talk like anybody other than himself.

Tim Connely da goat.

Low risk/high reward

We didnt even have a pick last night and finessed Bol Bol for a future 2nd and cash.

MPJ was another low risk/high reward pick.

At that point in the draft there was nobody left better to go with. We'll see what we got in him this year but both guys have been solid picks/remarkable value.

Nugs quietly adding pieces and getting stronger.

Very happy with last nights results all things considered.

And nothing wrong with that interview. That's just his personality. Dudes a kid. He doesn't need to act/talk like anybody other than himself.

Tim Connely da goat.

I guess it depends how you define risk. There's huge red flags on Porter and Bol's health, like almost as bad as it could possibly be. Granted they have great upside but the chance of them reaching it is low because of those health concerns. I'd say they're high risk/high reward. If guys like them aren't high risk then who is?

And Bol's interview to me came off like..I'm not good at a lot of things and I'm not really very healthy and I'll probably get drafted pretty low but I would take myself top 3 and hopefully some team takes a chance on me and fixes all my problems. I get that he's a teenager but to me it still was a terrible interview regardless. Doesn't mean he can't become a good player, he just didn't leave a great impression

Bol bol could be the biggest bust in nba history and it would still be well worth it. They got my man for a future second that may be later in the round and a wish sammich.

Connely has had some misses: moving Gobert for cash, selecting Mudiay, trading Nurkic and a 1st to a division rival but he and his staff have set the team up to draft risk players without needing them to produce right away. If both MPJ and Bol Bol pan out then cool they get added to a deep trending young roster, if not you tried to take some big swings since you know Denver isn't a FA destination.

Back
Top Bottom