2024 NBA Draft Thread - the hawks might be on the clock

Maybe his game jumps next year... I don't like commenting like this on a 16 year old kid but Mikey Williams doesn't really look that great of a prospect

I been peeped shorty attitude since he was a youngin youngin. He definitely need to tone it down a bit.

Maybe his game jumps next year... I don't like commenting like this on a 16 year old kid but Mikey Williams doesn't really look that great of a prospect

At all.

He probably should go to an HBCU and capitalize on the celebrity.

Cade efficient as hell. Night and day compared to LCW and Edwards.

Super efficient. I still think it’s best to pair him with a secondary playmaker in the NBA. His handle is average and he can’t really create for others. Also relies too much on passing in the air after picking up his dribble.

He’s taking advantage of mismatches right now that he won’t have in the NBA too often. He always makes the right pass though, very high IQ. All things he can work on Easily.

I compared him to Brandon Roy and maybe even Joe
Johnson but their handle/wiggle was super tight.

Been waiting on Tennessee to start their season. Want to see Keon Johnson and Jaden Springer. They open on Tuesday

Two elite athletes hopefully their work ethics keep up and keep rounding out their skills. Seen their names all up and down the draft boards

Super efficient. I still think it’s best to pair him with a secondary playmaker in the NBA. His handle is average and he can’t really create for others. Also relies too much on passing in the air after picking up his dribble.

He’s taking advantage of mismatches right now that he won’t have in the NBA too often. He always makes the right pass though, very high IQ. All things he can work on Easily.

I compared him to Brandon Roy and maybe even Joe
Johnson but their handle/wiggle was super tight.
Saying he can't really create for others doesn't really seem accurate at all. He's a good playmaker and will be fine at the next level where even the trash teams have multiple ball handlers. It's really only a select few teams that rely so heavily on a primary playmaker (Rockets/Mavs/Lakers). He doesn't need to be one of those guys.

He's basically the same size as Luka. Going to be bigger than most defenders trying to guard him. Mismatches will still be there.

Yep that's very fair. And that's probably what will stop him from being a superstar. I'd be pretty shocked if he's not a perennial all-star though.

If he's the consensus #1 pick in a stacked draft you kind of hope he's one of those guys. The thing with Luka and Harden is their handle is as elite as it gets. They can get anywhere on the court without a pick.

I havent seen Cade break anyone off the dribble yet in an isolation.

He's an elite game manager though. Kinda what sets him apart.

If he's the consensus #1 pick in a stacked draft you kind of hope he's one of those guys. The thing with Luka and Harden is their handle is as elite as it gets. They can get anywhere on the court without a pick.

I havent seen Cade break anyone off the dribble yet in an isolation.

He's an elite game manager though. Kinda what sets him apart.
There's only like 6 or 7 true superstars in the league and that's from 18 years of draft classes. Of course you would like to get one of those guys if you are picking #1, but they are few and far between. Emoni Bates is probably the next guy in line that is like THAT.

This draft is viewed as stacked because it has like 5-6 guys that could be perennial all-stars up at the top. Could argue that this past one had none.

There's only like 6 or 7 true superstars in the league and that's from 18 years of draft classes. Of course you would like to get one of those guys if you are picking #1, but they are few and far between.

I'm looking at the past guards who were consensus #1 picks and they could all easily create their own shot.

Iverson
Rose
Wall
Kyrie
Fultz (asterisks everywhere)

I'd still take Cade #1, you cant teach what he brings. As of right now, this draft is also a toss up after the first pick, 2-5 range is still tbd. He's a interesting prospect because he checks off every box (IQ, shooting, size) but that handle concerns me. It's partly why I'm not a huge fan of bigger point guards. They dont get low enough on their dribble to break their defender.

Back
Top Bottom