2024 NBA Draft Thread - the hawks might be on the clock

I hear you. He'll be 32 when his deal is over. Chris Paul will be 37 and he makes 44 M's in his last year. It's worse. Then you factor in the rockets are supposedly contenders that are hamstrung by his contract and the hornets are the hornets. Bad contract on a good team is worse than a bad contract on a bad team

Agree to disagree I guess. I'd gladly trade you Batum for CP3 or Batum for Wall all day. Contracts included.

Batum gave us 9ppg last year and attempted 9 FGs in the last 10 games while racking up 5 DNP-CDs on a team that threatened for the 8 seed and was in a playoff race that they didn't benefit from losing out on at all. Posted career lows in points and assists. Chris Paul was 49th in PER. Batum was 243rd.

Chris Paul gonna post better numbers than that at 40 lol.

But I do understand your point.

Oh.

4E42A731-4F09-4DFB-A76B-ED1292C84208.png

Knicks or Celtics seem to be able to offer the best AD package out of the realistic targets.

Lakers package is trash and those guys need to be paid soon, so its not even enticing if you buy into Lonzo/Ingram's long-term potential cause their rookie deals are almost up.

I always thought Toronto was a sleeper if they could convince Kawhi to stay then offer up Siakam for AD. But I don't know how Siakam would fit with Zion, seems like an overlap.

Celtics can offer Tatum (lightskin Martell Webster) which is the biggest fish possible.

Knicks would have to offer #3rd pick, 2020 1st, Knox, DSJ, Mitch Rob.

Ingram's about to have to be paid. You get Mitch for three years at literally zero cap impact.

Him and Zion at the 4/5 is a nasty place to start potentially building.

Mitch is the best piece between the two teams. BI and Kuz are 2/3, but both need to get paid quickly. Zo/DSJ... Who cares. :lol: Gambles either way with those two. Josh Hart keeps getting brought up like he's anything more than a rotational guy that doesn't see the floor in playoff games. :lol:

If you're Nola why does it matter if Ingram/Zo have to be paid soon? Not like you're spending that money on anything besides Solomon hills anyway

Curious what they could get with Holiday if they decided to move him.

Would have to think they could do a pretty reasonable rebuild on the fly.
If you're Nola why does it matter if Ingram/Zo have to be paid soon? Not like you're spending that money on anything besides Solomon hills anyway
Why do you want to pay marginal players bigger dollars than they're probably worth sooner if you don't have to?

After seeing this year's playoffs, I'm not sure that Mitchell is the best piece between the teams.

Curious what they could get with Holiday if they decided to move him.

Would have to think they could do a pretty reasonable rebuild on the fly.

Why do you want to pay marginal players bigger dollars than they're probably worth sooner if you don't have to?

Gonna ignore that marginal comment and just say what else are you gonna do with that money? Next year's free agent class is trash anyway even if Nola was a destination. The best free agent is Anthony Davis lol

Last edited:
Gonna ignore that marginal comment and just say what else are you gonna do with that money? Next year's free agent class is trash anyway even if Nola was a destination
You don't have to ignore it :lol: Zo ain't very good and BI is fine, but he's not great.

I wouldn't put up a fight about whether you'd put BI above Mitch Robinson. I get it - especially with how the West kinda runs right now. I'd prefer Mitch - especially given he costs nothing for longer. And BI's injury history has to play a factor.

Why does next year's FA class matter at all? They're not on a one-year rebuild with Zion at 19.

I’m sick over this man and I’m not even a big Zion fan. His potential deserved to be in at least a DECENT market... I mean even with ATL and Trey...

He’s going to be great next year. Get a Twitter. Sign up for league pass. Watch the 20 nationally televised games the pelicans get

You don't have to ignore it :lol: Zo ain't very good and BI is fine, but he's not great.

I wouldn't put up a fight about whether you'd put BI above Mitch Robinson. I get it - especially with how the West kinda runs right now. I'd prefer Mitch - especially given he costs nothing for longer. And BI's injury history has to play a factor.

Why does next year's FA class matter at all? They're not on a one-year rebuild with Zion at 19.

What are the Pelicans gonna do with that money next year, the year after, the year 3000 besides pay guys they either draft or trade for?

Back
Top Bottom