2024 NBA Draft Thread

200.gif

Celtics Picks.PNG

Paul-Pierce.gif

I mean Hasheem Thabeet was drafted before Harden and Curry

Hasheem Thabeet was also considered to be an elite athlete at the time...something Tacko Fall is not. He didn't get drafted over them because he was just 7'3...it was because of the "idea" of what he could be.

Tacko Fall is not, and has never been that type of prospect...which is why he played 4 years at Central Florida and you probably didn't know of him until March.

knicks been in the same position for the last 19 years. hell is you talking bout. we will believe it when we see it. sit down new yorker.

man listen. if you'd been paying attention you'd know the current knicks management is really trying its hardest to stick to a script that is nothing like the previous knicks experience at all. would've been a lot easier if the knicks landed the #1 AND kd didn't get injured, but progress is being made (despite last year's record). all the team can do now is take small steps to achieve those goals, but yeah haha hehe knicks stink, etc, blah, blah, blah

When Booker and KAT win 15-25 games year after year, NT thinks they got a great young core. Just until recently both those organizations never got **** for being run like garbage, always drafting the wrong guys, making dumb moves etc etc.

The Knicks of the past have...

1. Gave out terrible long term contracts
2. Traded away first round picks year after year

Sure KD's injury ****ed us and we had a 14% chance of getting the #1 pick, but the old Knicks would've signed Al Horford to a max contract and traded away this years pick for John Wall.

We've finally been rebuilding the right way the last 2 years not making those same mistakes. Sticking to an actual plan (clearing space, acquiring draft picks, developing players). If KD, Kawhi, Kyrie want to come here this summer then of course we'll sign them if it makes sense. What else can you ask for after constantly repeating the same mistakes for the last 15 years?

man listen. if you'd been paying attention you'd know the current knicks management is really trying its hardest to stick to a script that is nothing like the previous knicks experience at all. would've been a lot easier if the knicks landed the #1 AND kd didn't get injured, but progress is being made (despite last year's record). all the team can do now is take small steps to achieve those goals, but yeah haha hehe knicks stink, etc, blah, blah, blah
I hear you bruh, I truly do. But y’all are the same ol Knicks until proven other wise. That’s the reality.

Bol bol could be the biggest bust in nba history and it would still be well worth it. They got my man for a future second that may be later in the round and a wish sammich.

Connely has had some misses: moving Gobert for cash, selecting Mudiay, trading Nurkic and a 1st to a division rival but he and his staff have set the team up to draft risk players without needing them to produce right away. If both MPJ and Bol Bol pan out then cool they get added to a deep trending young roster, if not you tried to take some big swings since you know Denver isn't a FA destination.

Most def.

Obviously Jokic and Murray were slam dunks but filling out the roster has been nice to see

I guess it depends how you define risk. There's huge red flags on Porter and Bol's health, like almost as bad as it could possibly be. Granted they have great upside but the chance of them reaching it is low because of those health concerns. I'd say they're high risk/high reward. If guys like them aren't high risk then who is?

And Bol's interview to me came off like..I'm not good at a lot of things and I'm not really very healthy and I'll probably get drafted pretty low but I would take myself top 3 and hopefully some team takes a chance on me and fixes all my problems. I get that he's a teenager but to me it still was a terrible interview regardless. Doesn't mean he can't become a good player, he just didn't leave a great impression

I feel you.

I'm saying low risk based entirely off draft position.

We gave up a 2nd for Bol. To me, that's low risk, if he doesn't pan out it's not like we passed on a bunch of talent. If given the opportunity that's the best time to swing for the fences, late in the draft on folks that have fallen for whatever reason.

Porter was drafted higher (around 14-15 iirc) but I still say low risk because it's getting a potential lottery prospect at a non-lottery draft slot. Was there any body drafted after him that, looking back, we should have taken instead? I honestly don't know.

Shamorie Ponds
Lou king
Naz Reid
Jalen Lecque

All undrafted.

I swear being from NY/NJ the biggest curse basketball wise. Aside from Shamorie who actually probably should have left last year, all of those kids had the physical profile and games to be 1st round picks with more patience.

It’s funny to see a kid like Ty end up being the one drafted cause Ty was the only one who wasn’t MCD’s All-American. Ty has one of the worst physical profiles you could have but Ty’s focus has always been on just playing and winning since he was in HS.

Seeing all these Jelly Fam kids transferring and get unstaffed, it’s like they thought this **** would just get handed to them. I just wish they had that hunger but all these kids feel like they made it so early that they stop developing that drive.
We went through that with Briscoe. The kids choose to go where the coaches won’t hold them accountable. With Briscoe Cal was on him, these others have just gone the route where they think they can do what they want on the court.

I hear you bruh, I truly do. But y’all are the same ol Knicks until proven other wise. That’s the reality.
The steps taken so far should be action enough to show the mindset is different but ppl want to hate so hard that they'll make **** up and use it to justify their hatred of ny.

I welcome all of it because itll be that much sweeter when things do go in our favor.

The steps taken so far should be action enough to show the mindset is different but ppl want to hate so hard that they'll make **** up and use it to justify their hatred of ny.

I welcome all of it because itll be that much sweeter when things do go in our favor.

No one hates New York, I’ve been there and it’s terrific. Fact of the matter is KD got hurt, so we have no idea if you would’ve gotten him if not (even if you would have) so you can’t get credit for that obviously.

When things change, like when they were able to get Amare and then Melo the next year, it’s of course going to be acknowledged.

As of now, New York and the Knicks apparently aren’t worthy of going to for Kyrie for example unless KD was going there. You all know this was true: He wanted to play with KD, and apparently he’s willing to do so in Brooklyn or ‘wherever’ that happens, not the Knicks, so it’s not like some sea change has happened YET with the Knicks just because of they’re not completely incompetent anymore... untilllll a big FA goes there.

Why not Taco?

Tbh he’s probably more useful then a fringe #15. If I’m a team I sign him and strictly play him on inbounds plays when it matters. Situational.

He tries hard (sometimes too hard) but I’m happy for him, he has a spot in the league.

I saw RJ as the No. 1 without Zion. Let’s ignore that he wasn’t good as the alpha dog against the ACC, and let’s just believe it’ll be different when he’s the No. 1 against NBA talent.

It has to be nauseating that you have the best city, all the money, and still be the product the Knicks are. KAT might ask out in two or three years but not to that yacht fire. I guess it only takes one FA so I will never count you out. But until then, I’ll enjoy the James Dolan experience and his house band. Play the hits.
Wasn’t good as the alpha dog? He upped his scoring from 22 to 27 in the 6 games Zion was out.

Trash take is trash.

IDK how good RJ will be, but when Zion was out, RJ played even better. Small sample size, but it was good enough to know the type of player he could be.

He tries hard (sometimes too hard) but I’m happy for him, he has a spot in the league.

I saw RJ as the No. 1 without Zion. Let’s ignore that he wasn’t good as the alpha dog against the ACC, and let’s just believe it’ll be different when he’s the No. 1 against NBA talent.
RJ averaged 26/8/5 on 58% shooting when Zion was out.

What an absolutely awful take.

RJ averaged 26/8/5 on 58% shooting when Zion was out.

What an absolutely awful take.

Where do you get 58%? :lol: that’s not it, you know you have to include the game in which Zion got hurt a few seconds in...

He was .496 from the field and .282 from deep, aka good luck. That’s a fine field goal percentage, that’s it.

Last edited:
Where do you get 58%? :lol: that’s not it, you know you have to include the game in which Zion got hurt a few seconds in...

He was .496 from the field and .282 from deep, aka good luck. That’s a fine field goal percentage, that’s it.
Whoops for some reason I had 72 FGM, not 62. Not sure what happened there. 50% from the field is still really, really good for a high usage wing.

Your take being atrocious still stands though.

Back
Top Bottom