2024 NBA Draft Thread

I think The Ringer's first mock/draft guide comes out sometime this week. Should be interesting.

Watching the small sample size available of Wiseman. He should go top 5.
7’1, 7’7 wingspan that can run the floor and jump...That’s not a bad start to mold into something good ...Was productive in the few games he played too, but loss of value in centers and recency bias is what’s being held against him

I would take yo before any other big in this draft

He’s got good hands and a soft lefty touch. Knows how to stay on his feet and is solid help defense wise.

Footwork looked good on his little fade-away jumper too. Might be raw his first year because he didn’t play any organized basketbal, but he still can be highly productive today.

I think Wiseman will be a good pro. Give me Okongwu instead though. Been on him for a while.

Wiseman gives me Drummond vibes. I think he'll definitely be productive, but at the end of the day, it's just going to feel empty.

With Okongwu, I think you can just plug him into your defense and go. Switchability while still being able to protect the rim. Doesn't need the ball offensively but can be productive when he does get it.

A defensive Montrezl?

Wiseman gives me Drummond vibes. I think he'll definitely be productive, but at the end of the day, it's just going to feel empty.

With Okongwu, I think you can just plug him into your defense and go. Switchability while still being able to protect the rim. Doesn't need the ball offensively but can be productive when he does get it.

A defensive Montrezl?
Right, if Okongwu can be a versatile defender that can be so valuable to guard both big positions. That's why I envision him with KAT

Right, if Okongwu can be a versatile defender that can be so valuable to guard both big positions. That's why I envision him with KAT
I obviously look at things a bit from a Celtics perspective, and while it might sound a bit crazy, Daniel Theis has been an integral part of the team's success this year. He doesn't need the ball much offensively, which allows the guards and wings to do their thing, and he can protect the rim and switch defensively. He's 2nd to Tatum on the team in win shares.

If I can't get a transcendent level big where the ball should rightfully go through them a lot, like an Embiid/AD/Jokic/KAT, which I don't think Wiseman is, I want someone that can project to be like a rich man's Theis. I think Okongwu can be that.

I obviously look at things a bit from a Celtics perspective, and while it might sound a bit crazy, Daniel Theis has been an integral part of the team's success this year. He doesn't need the ball much offensively, which allows the guards and wings to do their thing, and he can protect the rim and switch defensively. He's 2nd to Tatum on the team in win shares.

If I can't get a transcendent level big where the ball should rightfully go through them a lot, like an Embiid/AD/Jokic/KAT, which I don't think Wiseman is, I want someone that can project to be like a rich man's Theis.
I guess I look at it through sort of a Maverick prism

I see how valuable Maxi and Dwight Powell (prayers up) are next to KP but it honestly does go back to the question of how much capitol (draft slot and cap room) are you willing to devote to a big

I like the idea that you brought up of a defensive Montrzell. I'd be willing to pay a guy like that as your third highest paid player so long as your first two highest are definite pillars (especially offensively)

So in Okongwu's case, if he can be an elite level Maxi, Dwight, Theis (or a defensive Trez) i.e. versatile defender, elite rim protector/runner, do stuff in PnR, then I think drafting him top 5 is appropriate

I guess I look at it through sort of a Maverick prism

I see how valuable Maxi and Dwight Powell (prayers up) are next to KP but it honestly does go back to the question of how much capitol (draft slot and cap room) are you willing to devote to a big

I like the idea that you brought up of a defensive Montrzell. I'd be willing to pay a guy like that as your third highest paid player so long as your first two highest are definite pillars (especially offensively)

So in Okongwu's case, if he can be an elite level Maxi, Dwight, Theis (or a defensive Trez) i.e. versatile defender, elite rim protector/runner, do stuff in PnR, then I think drafting him top 5 is appropriate
Bam is the other name that gets brought up with Okongwu too, and I don't think it's too far off. Draft profiles are very similar. Not sure if he'll ever be that kind of facilitator, but who knows.

Love the fit with him in Minnesota given how perimeter oriented KAT has become. The team needs defense, and he can bring that. Would be dangerous in PnR with DLo too.

Detroit (given Wood's UFA status) and Washington are good fits as well.

Okongwu reminds me of Derrick Favors. He has more moves in the post though.

He seems to be far more defensively oriented than Harrell and less well rounded than Bam (passing/handling).

Detroit needs to pray for Edwards or Lamelo. I think Okongwu would be a good fit there, but they really need a young perimeter playmaker. Would probably take Killian Hayes over him too.

I'm hoping Okongwu can be more explosive/quicker than Favors but defensively if he can be Favors without the injuries that's a nice defender

Haven't been paying attention to the draft much this yr, but I'll take on Josh Green or Nico/Stanley as 3 yr projects if they stick around for the Heat

Back
Top Bottom