2024 NBA Draft Thread

Strauss basically said his height doesn’t really mean **** other than defensive rebounds and a little with passing if he doesn’t use it defensively or when finishing in the paint.

Don’t see how that can really be argued otherwise, tbh.

Yeah I think "a little with passing" is wrong.

The reason big playmaking wings so valuable is the ability to see over the defense, and hit shooters on late rotations. A guy like Lamelo will always be have passing windows that aren't even accessible lieka Trey young.

Imo Lamelo is the only one I see with star potential. Like I gotta squint but I can see a scenario where it happen a.

I think it's a risky pick, and if he never learns to shoot he's just Ricky Rubio who doesn't play defense but it's a risk I'm willing to take in a crappy draft.

15/4/3 on 6-13 shooting.

In this draft I'm taking him towards the top. He's weirdly smooth then I've seen him a majority of clips with happy feet and short strides lol

If he can eventually be a high level 3rd option who can do a bit of playmaking off the dribble and with his passing that's a great pick up in this class

Also didn't realize Amare was on his team

The biggest thing for me from Ball - Is he smart enough to NOT take bad shots? He’s going to have talented dudes around him that he doesn’t need to force shots.

I don’t really think it’s a basketball IQ thing with his shot selection more so irrational confidence.

Personality wise him and Lonzo are polar opposites. I think his shot selection is bad because he truly believes he can make them.

LaMelo, RJ and Randle sharing the court. :lol:

Call me crazy but if the Knicks draft Lamelo, hiring Tom Thibodeau might be their best bet for a coach.

He has a good change of pace and multiple gears, that’s always a plus as a PG long as you under control

Lewis is my fav PG prospect based off his skills/attributes and value on where he should be drafted
Nice fit for your Magic if he's still there.

I wonder if the Cs would go for him if they end up getting that 14th pick if MEM falls out of the playoffs.

15/6/4/4 on 50% shooting against the 2nd best team in the league...I think his floor is actually going to end up being pretty high making him a really good role player. Not sure about ceiling.

I never liked tweener forwards, but his playmaking and passing separates him from those that busted.

League different now.

Maybe, I still think a lot more of the tweener lotto picks bust. Makes me wonder why a super talented offensive prospects like Beasley busted but Tatum succeeded. Lot of factors involved though. Not a simple answer.

Maybe, I still think a lot more of the tweener lotto picks bust. Makes me wonder why a super talented offensive prospects like Beasley busted but Tatum succeeded. Lot of factors involved though. Not a simple answer.
Is Tatum a tweener?

Back
Top Bottom