2024 NBA Draft Thread - the hawks might be on the clock

I'm looking at the past guards who were consensus #1 picks and they could all easily create their own shot.

Iverson
Rose
Wall
Kyrie
Fultz (asterisks everywhere)

I'd still take Cade #1, you cant teach what he brings. As of right now, this draft is also a toss up after the first pick, 2-5 range is still tbd. He's a interesting prospect because he checks off every box (IQ, shooting, size) but that handle concerns me. It's partly why I'm not a huge fan of bigger point guards. They dont get low enough on their dribble to break their defender.
See I wouldn't even compare him to any of those guards. Completely different players. Cade going to be functionally more of a playmaking wing with his size.

Cade def doesn’t have a deep bag off the dribble, and it’s harder to create in the league without having one. You kind of have to be an elite athlete or have to be really crafty to get it off without. That’s definitely been my biggest concern watching him so far. I was expecting him to be a better athlete. Still think he’s going to be a really good player though, but I’ve low key liked Suggs more as a lead guard so far. Need to keep watching the both of them.

I love Suggs man. Shades of Marbury and Deron Williams.

He'd be perfect in the Garden, but ofcourse it wont happen.

No zags until Dec 15 due to covid

The 4 cancelled games were against nobodies apparently but still sucks
From a prospect viewing perspective, it would be better for us if everybody just scrapped the rest of the non conference schedules n figured out a way to get conferences bubbles done

The cancellations been ramping up quickly

From a prospect viewing perspective, it would be better for us if everybody just scrapped the rest of the non conference schedules n figured out a way to get conferences bubbles done

The cancellations been ramping up quickly
I think a big takeaway from the NBA bubble is that that was really difficult logistically and on the participants. I'm sure the NCAA has the means to put it together but who knows how feasible it'd be for the entire DIV I

Just a cluster **** all the way around

I think a big takeaway from the NBA bubble is that that was really difficult logistically and on the participants. I'm sure the NCAA has the means to put it together but who knows how feasible it'd be for the entire DIV I

Just a cluster **** all the way around
O yea no doubt difficult, I was really talking bout each conference has their own bubble...The NCAA already making plans for a tournament bubble in March

Jimmy Butler too, as long as Cade has the work ethic and focus on improving his handles, I think he will be fine. He won't necessarily be elite, but at least have on or two moves to get by his defender he should be alright.

Paul George too. Even Kawhi.

Cade is a better and more natural ball handler than the guys I just mentioned. If he improves to their degree, he should be fine.

Even Andrew Wiggins improved his handle. And that **** still look awkward :lol:
Paul George was actually who I was going to compare Cade to, more so than those normal size PGs that ballinsam23 ballinsam23 mentioned. Think Cade is a better playmaker for others though.

Handle can definitely tighten up over time. Jaylen Brown was dribbling the ball off his feet when he first came in the league and is now somewhat competent.

Yeah I think all those dudes are faster than Wall - no hate on him of course

Collison has my money - dude came in 4th in California state 100

Back
Top Bottom