2024 NBA Draft Thread

What's the deal with Jaxson Hayes? Heard he was a football player and only recently started playing bball? I see his name in the top 5 at Tankathon
His dad was a Bengals' coach for a long time. He's kind of a late bloomer. Looks to be a rim runner in the league. I thought he was soft as hell in HS, so seeing him in the Top 10 after his freshman year is incredible.

De'Andre Hunter

tenor.gif

Hunter should be expected to be a high level role player at best, that should be his hope. If you expect him to be even a second option I don't know if that's realistic. If he turns out to be one, then you came up

If you then view him through the prism of a 3rd/4th best starter (able to be effective on low usage), a versatile defender and pray that he isn't a non shooter/negative offensive player then you tend to be higher on him. Long as you don't take him in the top 5 or 6 I think that's fair

Watching a few Sekou Doumbouya clips, he does move similar to Siakam offensively. The ball skills for both are still under development but you see it

Doumbouya's shooting stroke seems quite natural and fluid, I'm sure it's ahead of schedule compared to Siakam at the same "age"

Doumboya: 6'9 230 lbs 7'2 wingspan
Siakam: 6'9 230 lbs 7'3 wingspan

8-31 for Culver the past two games. If RJ did this :lol:

Still have Culver in tier 1 of the draft (after Zion) with Ja, Barrett, Reddish (yes Reddish)

The problem with dudes like Mikal Bridges and Deandre Hunter is that they’re the prototypical 3-D player that gets drafted too early in the lottery and put in terrible development situations.

That 3-D type needs a couple years to fully grow into their ceiling and ultimately are better suited for vet teams drafting at the end of the 1st round.

Someone’s gonna take Hunter in the top 7 and get the least out of him during his rookie deal. Also have no clue why Philly gave up Bridges :smh:

The problem with dudes like Mikal Bridges and Deandre Hunter is that they’re the prototypical 3-D player that gets drafted too early in the lottery and put in terrible development situations.

That 3-D type needs a couple years to fully grow into their ceiling and ultimately are better suited for vet teams drafting at the end of the 1st round.

Someone’s gonna take Hunter in the top 7 and get the least out of him during his rookie deal. Also have no clue why Philly gave up Bridges :smh:
That’s a valid point. These guys who are projected high level role players are so valuable that smart teams will pick them high

Just gotta hope these teams are always improving their ecosystems

It can be done. Hell look at Atlanta

That’s a valid point. These guys who are projected high level role players are so valuable that smart teams will pick them high

Just gotta hope these teams are always improving their ecosystems

It can be done. Hell look at Atlanta
I just want Atlanta to get my guy Zion man. Tre would have him flourishing.

But yes, I could see Hunter fitting in nicely there as well.

For culver I’ll stick with my potentially sport version of danny granger as a realistic outcome. His floor isn’t granger by any means though, his shot is under question which could drop his potential significantly

There are definitely some not so great development situations out there, but it's not like they just shouldn't be picking these 3 and D guys :lol:

I don’t know how to feel about Hunter. The more I watch CBB and as I get older, the more I think it’s a big deal/should be valued when a player shows he is very, very capable of stepping up in the BIGGEST of situations (like Hunter tonight).

But then again, Hunter was very average in those situations at times earlier in the Tournament.

Back
Top Bottom