2024 NBA Draft Thread

Interesting piece by Tom. It's interesting that given all the data, measurables, workouts international scouting and film we have available to us, teams aren't getting better at protecting great NBA players

Interesting piece by Tom. It's interesting that given all the data, measurables, workouts international scouting and film we're actually not getting better at projecting great NBA players

I feel like Giannis, Jokic and Kawhi are outliers. Everyone of the other top 10 guys were lottery picks.

It’s great that you find some diamonds in the rough but it’s not likely

I feel like Giannis, Jokic and Kawhi are outliers. Everyone of the other top 10 guys were lottery picks.

It’s great that you find some diamonds in the rough but it’s not likely

It's not just finding the gems later in the draft. It's also on The incredible number of misses in the top 10 and even top 5.

This is what made the process in Philadelphia such an interesting experiment. Hinkie knew that even dressed in the top five is a total crapshoot and for every Embiid and Simmons , you'll have a Noel or Fultz.

It's weird because we have so many more resources to scout players and we're really not any better at it than we were 30 years ago.

It's not just finding the gems later in the draft. It's also on The incredible number of misses in the top 10 and even top 5.

This is what made the process in Philadelphia such an interesting experiment. Hinkie knew that even dressed in the top five is a total crapshoot and for every Embiid and Simmons , you'll have a Noel or Fultz.

It's weird because we have so many more resources to scout players and we're really not any better at it than we were 30 years ago.

There will always be misses but the draft is truly a crapshoot. Like nothing about Fred VanVleet at Wichita state said he would be a closer in the nba finals.

Think the reasons are that he can't shoot, turns the ball over, doesn't play great defense, and has a bit of selfishness in his game. :lol:

What young point guard doesn't turn the ball over, is a bit selfish, and doesnt play defense? Not everyone is Fox.

For the record, i'm not a DSJ fan at all.

These teams spend millions on analytic teams and all these resources too. Billionaire owners think they can hire the most qualified people to predict the type of player a 19 year old will be at 25?

Alot of luck is involved. Unless you're a sure fire generation talent, its mostly luck.

If you were New Orleans with the No. 4 pick, would you prefer:

ATL’s 8 + 10

OR

MIN’s 11 + Okogie

Interesting piece by Tom. It's interesting that given all the data, measurables, workouts international scouting and film we have available to us, teams aren't getting better at protecting great NBA players

Because 90% of draft outcomes are entirely dependent on who learns to shoot and who doesn't, and it's basically impossible to predict on a tiny college sample from a shorter 3 point line.

Like I'm not really into Coby White as a prospect, but if he learns to shoot like 37+% on off the dribble 3's he'll be one of the best players in the draft, if he doesn't then he's probably trash. same goes for like 90% the top guys in the draft.

Ringer's "Guys Who Will Not Fail" List:

PJ Washington
Nickeil Alexander-Walker
Admiral Schoefield
Ty Jerome
Shamorie Ponds

I’d rather the Pels find a way to get Beal or Lavine using that #4 pick than add two more young guys to develop while already developing Zion, Lonzo and Ingram.

Pretty surprised you guys would take the No. 10 pick basically over Okogie

Pretty surprised you guys would take the No. 10 pick basically over Okogie

I like Okogie but you can probably get someone that will end up better than him at the 10 pick. Okogie isn't a lottery pick value player

Watching NBA TV Mock Draft, and my God... this draft is horrendous. I’m gonna tune in on Thursday, watch the top 3 picks, which we already know are locked in, and turn off the tv immediately after the Knicks pick. This is an abomination of a draft.

If you were New Orleans with the No. 4 pick, would you prefer:

ATL’s 8 + 10

OR

MIN’s 11 + Okogie

I like josh but he and josh (hart) haha might be redundant

8 and 10 could get you some interesting darts

I’d rather the Pels find a way to get Beal or Lavine using that #4 pick than add two more young guys to develop while already developing Zion, Lonzo and Ingram.

I like Okogie but you can probably get someone that will end up better than him at the 10 pick. Okogie isn't a lottery pick value player

If you take ATL’s package, that’s too many guys to develop and too many people will need to get paid simultaneously in the future.

Back
Top Bottom