2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

why haven't you copped nontourages yet?

If they'd put those out during like season 4, I'd have moved the earth to make sure I got my pair. As it was, I was completely bored with the show by the time it ended and while I like a black dunk with a gum sole, I'm not going to pay over box for it.

Last edited:

Been hunting for DS Mosquitos in size 11.5/12 for a while. Lost a few auctions in decent range, but majority of time I see them the prices are insane. I remember when they came out, most people weren't feeling them. What's the deal? I mean I'm seeing them listed for more than the black Levis joints, more than Nontourages, etc. Am I missing something?

Also, @mints  thx for answering my question on IG about the sizing, that was me (themixtapemonster on IG)
I'm confused by that too.  I'm not a fan at all but whenever I see them they rarely go for less than $200.

What do all you guys listen to musically?
I listen to mostly hip hop. Been going through all my Kanye albums again to reminisce on non-rant days. Every once in a while I'll bring out the Southernplayalistcadillacmusik album cuz it's so awesome. Also love Aquemini. I listen to Tribe, BDK, EPMD, Slick Rick, and all that late 80's early 90's sheet. I even like some of the newer nonsense (was never a fan of Drake but his new album is pretty good) I love me some Big Sean and older Weezy. Started listening to weezy because of Big Tymers and Birdman.

On my Sirius, I have Backspin, 70s, 80s and 90s.

I am still on the lookout for some Mulders, Gino 1s, Paul Brown and Wheat Highs. Osyrhiz made me fiend them this weekend even more when I met up with him at the 510 release.

I listen to mostly hip hop. Been going through all my Kanye albums again to reminisce on non-rant days. Every once in a while I'll bring out the Southernplayalistcadillacmusik album cuz it's so awesome. Also love Aquemini. I listen to Tribe, BDK, EPMD, Slick Rick, and all that late 80's early 90's sheet. I even like some of the newer nonsense (was never a fan of Drake but his new album is pretty good) I love me some Big Sean and older Weezy. Started listening to weezy because of Big Tymers and Birdman.
College Dropout is my favourite Ye album. also yes Aquemini is unreal. good taste! and yeah before waynes rhymes were all about eating girls out lmfao

doom is good and wow good taste, i maily enjoy rap and i'd have to say Nas and Big L are some of my favorites along with the newer stuff like Kendrick Lamar and Joey Bad*****
I saw Kendrick in concert twice. Once at Toad's Place in New Haven CT and once at MSG for the Yeezus tour. Both times were good but in New Haven he was still on that Overly Dedicated/Section.80 tip and hadn't gotten REAL big yet. For Yeezus he was mostly rocking the Good Kid m.a.a.d. city

I also love Sublime and the Chilli's and RATM in terms or rock, for older stuff I like some Santana , hendrix and stuff like that

Looking at my recently played songs on iTunes it looks like I've been listening to a decent amount of Kanye, Florence, Killa Cam peppered in with some Pharrell, Rebelution, Shaggy and Clipse. I'm obviously partial to rap, but I mix it up with some other random stuff.

doom is good and wow good taste, i maily enjoy rap and i'd have to say Nas and Big L are some of my favorites along with the newer stuff like Kendrick Lamar and Joey Bad*****

I used to dj on WTUL the Tulane radio station, it was after Katrina when they were hurting for volunteers in the summer, back then I'd listen to about 40-50 hours of new music a week just going through what the station was getting in. I've also got friends with pretty wild and differing tastes in music than what I normally listen to so we all try to find stuff that we think we should hear and rip copies. If it weren't for my friends I wouldn't have started listening to old country, or polish funk, or dixieland jazz.

One of my favorite albums that I keep going back to was a repressing of an early 80s Indian Bollywood musician that decided to use 808s, 909s and 303s to do versions of traditional ragas, it was acid house before acid house was even invented.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2010/apr/10/charanjit-singh-acid-house

When it first got rereleased everyone assumed that it was yet another Richard James alias, but now the guy is actually touring and more copies of the original pressings of the vinyl have turned up.

In the car trap music for BASS!!!

At home outkast,jamiroquai,Kendrick Llama,Tribe,Ye,Jay and Nas.Rnb as well.

I also love Sublime and the Chilli's and RATM in terms or rock, for older stuff I like some Santana , hendrix and stuff like that
Yeah I listen to everything really. I love the Chili Peppers, I love Sublime (w/out Rome), 3rd Eye Blind, Blink, SemiSonic, Counting Crows, Crash Test Dummies, etc. but I also like old crap like Beach Boys, Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel (saw Art Garfunkel recently in a Library show haha) and CCR. TOO Much to list. Just rattle off every band that ever existed minus country music and SERIOUS classical music and I like it.

I listen to myself a lot :lol: (link in my sig if you want to check it out).

I'm a huge Curren$y fan. I like Bronson. Kid CuDi. Kendrick and Ab-Soul. Ummmm (rap is kinda weak right now. having trouble thinking of current artists I listen to)

I like a lot of indie rockand progressive metal as well. I live for music.

I don't really listen to older stuff TOO often but I have my throwback days and Reasonable Doubt will never leave my ipod.

Last edited:
Looking at my recently played songs on iTunes it looks like I've been listening to a decent amount of Kanye, Florence, Killa Cam peppered in with some Pharrell, Rebelution, Shaggy and Clipse. I'm obviously partial to rap, but I mix it up with some other random stuff.
Yeah I also listen to a lot of stuff like Rebelution (The Expendables, Slightly Stoopid, Cyprus Hill, Kingspade, etc) as well as more classic reggae like Peter Tosh, Bob Marley (more recently Damien, Stephen and Ziggy Marley) as well as Buju Banton and the likes.

why we talking about music?? :lol:

anyways: Classic rock (70s) has been my fav. genre for the past few months. I check for new hip-hop/rap from artists I like but I always go back to my good 'ol classic rock playlist when I'm bored. R&B , SOME of the new artists.... but not too many.

Man I need a journey SB with the Phoenix on it. I'd cop in a new york minute. retail or not idc idc idc idc idc

I listen to myself a lot
laugh.gif
(link in my sig if you want to check it out).

I'm a huge Curren$y fan. I like Bronson. Kid CuDi. Kendrick and Ab-Soul. Ummmm (rap is kinda weak right now. having trouble thinking of current artists I listen to)

I don't really listen to older stuff TOO often but I have my throwback days and Reasonable Doubt will never leave my ipod.
Theres a lot of good artists on the come up. Look at Logic, Dizzy Wright and Chance. Those three have been real heavy hitters this past year. 

I listen to myself a lot
laugh.gif
(link in my sig if you want to check it out).

i'll check it out forsure and yeah curren$u is dope although his voice doesn't really let me listen for too long lol, bronson dope, CuDi i miss the man on the moon days and yeah TDE is dope, check out jeoy bad though, super lyrical. yeah a lot like my taste bro! but Illmatic>Reasonabl Doubt

Theres a lot of good artists on the come up. Look at Logic, Dizzy Wright and Chance. Those three have been real heavy hitters this past year. 
I'm hip to chance. He's dope but not really the sound I'm into. I met him about a week before 10 Day dropped. We were on the same train headed to SxSW. He owes me some cigarettes :lol:

why we talking about music?? :lol:

@airmatic decided to derail the thread :lol:

it's all good though, theres only so much we can discuss about the 510's
+
nigel sylvester is being all tight lipped about the S.O.M.P.'s (kinda annoying since everyone is asking him about them on twitter & ig)...i mean, if theotis can post a pic, why cant the dude who actually designed them post 1 up??

Last edited:
@airmatic decided to derail the thread
laugh.gif

it's all good though, theres only so much we can discuss about the 510's
+
nigel sylvester is being all tight lipped about the S.O.M.P.'s (kinda annoying since everyone is asking him about them on twitter & ig)...i mean, if theotis can post a pic, why cant the dude who actually designed them post 1 up??
Im really glad I dont like the SOMPS. Hoping nothing really good comes out for a few months so I can give my wallet a break. 

Back
Top Bottom