2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I put pro era in the same catagory as Joey Bad***. The Underachievers and Flatbush Zombies are also 
pimp.gif

Yeah great resurgence in hip hop as far as NY goes

airmatic airmatic Do you ever pop across the river to check out some Detroit Techno? I went to Movement last year and while I want to go again, it's not in the cards for this year.

@airmatic Do you ever pop across the river to check out some Detroit Techno? I went to Movement last year and while I want to go again, it's not in the cards for this year.
No i haven't but I will definitely look into it! Detroit's music culture has been in a weird place since the D12 days ended

ASAP Rocky does nothing for NY HipHop.
He got the ball rolling and brought eyes to the beast coeast movement all though his particular style is not New York. but he broke regional barriers so i'd personally say he does a little more than nothing.

I just feel he isnt reppin NY corectly and he kind of got that south flow. I'm not knocking his music i just feel there are better people out there as far as bringing music back to NY. Maybe its just because i grew up in late 80's 90's era of rap

I just feel he isnt reppin NY corectly and he kind of got that south flow. I'm not knocking his music i just feel there are better people out there as far as bringing music back to NY. Maybe its just because i grew up in late 80's 90's era of rap
oh forsure. Pro Era really brings the NY sound

i listen to practically everything... from RnB to underground rap, from rock n roll to metal and everything in between... dubstep, electric, spanish music etc... growing up i was strickly rap/ hip hop: tupac, biggie, nas, mobb deep, jayz, Big L, Eazy E, Dre, NWA, Snoop Dogg, & bone thugs etc. was what you found in my CD player with an exception of new artist during that time. ( High school years early 2000s) after high school i decided to pick up playing Guitar which opened up my playlist to many different genres. ipod library went from around 300 to the 1000s lol

lol taking a study break and catching up on the thread and as we're talking about music, oh boy comes on my shuffle playlist. brings back so many new york memories with my pops.

i listen to practically everything... from RnB to underground rap, from rock n roll to metal and everything in between... dubstep, electric, spanish music etc... growing up i was strickly rap/ hip hop: tupac, biggie, nas, mobb deep, jayz, Big L, Eazy E, Dre, NWA, Snoop Dogg, & bone thugs etc. was what you found in my CD player with an exception of new artist during that time. ( High school years early 2000s) after high school i decided to pick up playing Guitar which opened up my playlist to many different genres. ipod library went from around 300 to the 1000s lol
It's the exact opposite for me. I grew up with eclectic musical tastes and now I listen to mostly only rap.

Some days I just feel like listening to something else though and I'll spend all day listening to just that genre.

ill keep the orange laces in mine aswell

if the check was white id go white laces

I put red ones in my camo supreme af1s

Hip hop died to me in the mid 2000s when all that southern ish hit the scene. Just not my cup of tea. Still listen to big, nas, mobb deep, old school rap.

Skipped a big phase in music but now I'm all abt edm for working out and when I'm going out. Now its just whatever is on my Pandora/grooveshark

Hip hop died to me in the mid 2000s when all that southern ish hit the scene. Just not my cup of tea. Still listen to big, nas, mobb deep, old school rap.

Skipped a big phase in music but now I'm all abt edm for working out and when I'm going out. Now its just whatever is on my Pandora/grooveshark

def agree, hiphop has been mostly trash for years now, its just not motivational music anymore, very few story tellers left and every one wants to make dance songs and everyone judges a song now strictly based on the beat and hook, what about the lyrics??

Back
Top Bottom