2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I feel you on this. Considering selling some of my j's to pay for SB's.

Same here. I haven't even bought a pair of J's for a while already. Nor have I even had the urge to do so. Lately, most of my pickups have been SB's as well and I already started selling some of my J's to put towards the purchase of other SB's.

I finally got the ba**s to unD/S these.. I love them [emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji] they're easily my fav pickup of the year .yoth>somp..

Got 2 feet bro, same as you

They hit outlets here, figured id grab them on clearance.
I was wondering why so many pairs when you posted that picture a while back. If I found them at an outlet for clearance I would have done the exact same thing. I'm happy with my one pair that I copped for $120+ tax though.

While I can understand styles shifting and not picking up any new Jordan releases, I don't get why people feel the need to dump everything they own in something that isn't cool any more to get on their new stuff. I've got some movies that I haven't watched, albums I haven't listened to, records that haven't been mixed in years, but as long as I'm not hurting for the space I can't see a reason to try and unload it. It'd be like if I was calling a bit of my past phony.

You see it on here where people are spending all kinds of money tracking down SB releases that they sold for some reason or another and now realize that they really want those pairs.

YOTH>>>>

thinking about grabbin the Krampas....

Last edited by a moderator:
While I can understand styles shifting and not picking up any new Jordan releases, I don't get why people feel the need to dump everything they own in something that isn't cool any more to get on their new stuff. I've got some movies that I haven't watched, albums I haven't listened to, records that haven't been mixed in years, but as long as I'm not hurting for the space I can't see a reason to try and unload it. It'd be like if I was calling a bit of my past phony.

You see it on here where people are spending all kinds of money tracking down SB releases that they sold for some reason or another and now realize that they really want those pairs.
I think I know a good reason... Saving money? Out with the old in with the new. IMO its not about seeing your past self as a phony but recognizing who you were back then and how you have grown and changed as an individual. Saving money and space seems logical. 

Is it really saving money when you decide a few years down the line that, yeah I kind of DID want that pair of Jordans I sold back in 2013 to buy SBs, oh they're $500 now? I guess because I'm older and lost a bunch of stuff from my youth over the years that now when I buy something, I don't want to get rid of it. I won't sell my old game systems or games, and the few physical pieces of physical media I buy, I don't expect I'll ever get rid of.

While I can understand styles shifting and not picking up any new Jordan releases, I don't get why people feel the need to dump everything they own in something that isn't cool any more to get on their new stuff.
I went through that phase last year selling some shoes to pick up others. Sold all my Jordan's that I really had an affinity to, to save some money and get into other shoes I really liked. Growing up I never had Jordan's or anything that was a recent release and was actually lucky to even have name brands that were sold at the Famous Footwear and such type stores (not that there's anything wrong with it) so once I was able to get a job and fend for myself a bit, I splurged and bought "brands" and shoes I've always wanted growing up.

It was nice finally being able to attain those shoes I really wanted as a kid but finally growing into a more "mature" person/adulthood (I'm only 25 just for reference) and the way that this hobby has seemed to trend towards, I decided I would buy shoes I could only see myself wearing as I get older. I'd be lying if I said I didn't like when people notice what's on my feet but it's another thing when random kids/dudes walk up to you and ask how much you paid or try and barter and buy them off your feet.

Last edited:
Oh I hate the street bartering, like someone is going to make me an offer that's so good I'm going to be willing to take my shoes off in the middle of the street and sell them, but I still won't get rid of the few Jordans I do have because of my connection to them from really wanting them when I was young and MJ was playing. I just started doing moves for my big spring cleaning/cataloging/shelving project. Going to get all of my pairs back into their correct boxes and do the print out of a picture with style code and street nick name on each box when I shelve everything in my room.

I guess I might be more willing to let pairs go if I bought doubles on a regular basis, but I'm more of a get one and take care of it until it falls apart so selling them off seems insane.

To me it is saving money and space also so I am going to be selling some of my other pairs to fund it towards something else. I can hold on to all my current shoes and keep buying the new stuff also, but at some point I would love to have saved that money instead more for what I need in life than what I want. I only have 2 feet so I don't need a whole lot of shoes to wear anymore. I'm just trying to narrow down to the ones that I know I will wear vs. just having a big collection that's just going to sit on the shelves. I'm a lot older now so I don't go out as much, hence the reason why I don't need so many shoes since I don't get to rock them much at all. Downsizing and selling off what I want seems the most logical. My goal is to just keep my shoes at a certain limit. Those that hold childhood memories will not be sold, only those that I liked, not loved.  

YOTH>>>>

thinking about grabbin the Krampas....

My dog thought my krampus were a toy may grab another it's an awesome shoe

Oh I hate the street bartering, like someone is going to make me an offer that's so good I'm going to be willing to take my shoes off in the middle of the street and sell them, but I still won't get rid of the few Jordans I do have because of my connection to them from really wanting them when I was young and MJ was playing. I just started doing moves for my big spring cleaning/cataloging/shelving project. Going to get all of my pairs back into their correct boxes and do the print out of a picture with style code and street nick name on each box when I shelve everything in my room.

I guess I might be more willing to let pairs go if I bought doubles on a regular basis, but I'm more of a get one and take care of it until it falls apart so selling them off seems insane.

I once sold a pair of space jams off my feet in Vegas no effs were given walked away from the pool barefoot

I can't sell my jordans :lol: I only buy shoes I like so if I think of selling my sneakers I always have that regret in my head

I'm selling my Jordan's because I simply can't afford to keep them IF I want to cop some sbs that I missed

I wouldn't call it a 'phony past' .. I can't understand that logic sir

I would love to keep them and be able to still find money to get new sneakers, however that isn't doable for me right now

It is what it is ..

Well, just bit the bullet and order a pair of YOTH from fliest kicks..

Hopefully all goes well.

No worries with them. 100% legit. Shoes came double boxed, with card board to protect them. The box also came inside a nike bag. They were great except the lowered the price of the YOTH 20$ a week after I ordered mine.

MAYBE by a pool, but in the nasty streets in my city, no way.

I wouldn't call it a 'phony past' .. I can't understand that logic sir

You don't see why someone would consider taking the fruits of what could amount to countless hours of pounding the streets, tracking down pairs and then dumping them at possibly a loss (if you're selling worn Jordans it's kind of rare to get what you paid back for them) being either A) a phony that bought stuff they didn't really like/love only because it was "hot" or B) turning their back on who they were as a person

I've grown and matured over the years, but I still love a LOT of the stuff I did from my earliest days of staking out my own personality. I may cringe when I see how I put myself together in the 90s, but aside from bad haircuts and wearing my clothes a bit bigger than I should have, it's not anything I'd run away from, in fact I found some sweaters that I had in high school recently (I'm 4 years off of my 20th reunion) and laughed because it FINALLY fits the way it should.

I'm not calling you out or saying that YOU are a phony, that's just how I'd look at myself if I started posting in threads about dumping a section of my collection.

edit: and if I did decide to sell off sections of my collection, I'd probably just make threads in buy/sell, bring it to a consignment shop, sell on ebay and not really bring it into another thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom