2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

this is the only thread i'm constantly behind 5+ pages... when I finally catch up, the next time I check there is another 5 pages.  WTF SLOW DOWN SB HEADS

it was a clear 3m material that went on the sole

Definitely falls under the realm of "stuff I wouldn't spend any of my money on" It also seems like you'd be losing whatever traction was offered by the sole by putting it on.

I never step into ****. EVER. If I've ever done it I don't remember. Step in gum all the time though
mean.gif
You must be very lucky. Thankfully it's been a good 4 years since my last encounter, but man for a while it seemed like I was getting all kind of negative karma because I'd end up stepping into it in the most unlikely places. I can't remember the last time I stepped in gum though, but that is something else I'd work on cleaning off.
I just keep my head up. There have been tons of times though where I almost stepped in crap and managed to dodge it right before I did. Me stepping on gum so much is the reason I always spit it out into a can.

I honestly clean my shoes very little because I dont wear them all that often.

In the summer im mostly in chucks which is my favorite shoe.Most of my shoes get worn 3 times a year max.

Last edited:
anyone ever try sole protector?
you mean this?
:lol: People might as well not wear their shoe at all if they are taking it this far

Those Twin Peaks :nthat: . Repped.
Thanks. Appreciate it.

Is that those stickers? It always seemed like a gimmick to me.

Those Twin Peaks. I didn't want a pair until after I powered through the series on Netflix. Show was too weird for me at 11, but it spoke to me 20 years later.

edit: I forgot to bring up the one pair of shoes that I own that's a definite dirt magnet, the Air Max 1 Crepe in Winter White. Every time I wear those, I feel a little gross because of how nasty that outsole gets.
Reminds me that I need to go back and watch the show. I remember the show was :smokin

you mean this?
laugh.gif
People might as well not wear their shoe at all if they are taking it this far
Thanks. Appreciate it.
Reminds me that I need to go back and watch the show. I remember the show was
smokin.gif
yeah that! have you ever tried it? ive never seen it in person.

I feel like those products like wearable shoe trees/force fields and sole protectors are used by those IG flexers who wear their shoes for a handful of times and then sell them as "VVVVVVVVVVVVNDS or PADS" but that's just me.

Yeah I don't think it's that serious. When you wear your shoes the soles are gonna get dirty, just let it happen lol

I probably clean my soles a lot more than most. Not every wear, but probably every 2-3. I also, before putting a shoe back in the box, take a mechanical pencil (without any lead showing) and pry any rocks, small sticks, pieces of dirt, etc out of the grooves in the sole/traction. Maybe a little OCD, but the idea of putting dirty stuff in a box to sit in dirt rubs me a little the wrong way.

The idea of those sole protectors to keep soles icy is interesting, but only if it slows down the yellowing process if you didn't wear them. What I'm saying is that I don't care if a shoe starts to yellow because I'm wearing it. But if you can put those things on while they sit in the box and it stays icy, then I could see the plus in that. Just personally wouldn't spend my money on it or use them.

I probably clean my soles a lot more than most. Not every wear, but probably every 2-3. I also, before putting a shoe back in the box, take a mechanical pencil (without any lead showing) and pry any rocks, small sticks, pieces of dirt, etc out of the grooves in the sole/traction. Maybe a little OCD, but the idea of putting dirty stuff in a box to sit in dirt rubs me a little the wrong way.

For this reason, I have an industrial box of toothpicks and paper clips my supply shelf.

Also to the dudes talking about gum... :smh: I hate that overpowering whiff of cinnamon then looking down to see a nasty wad of big red in the traction grooves. Trash bins, people

Greg and his Mom that run Klik are the BEST!!  I go fishing in Pensacola a few times a year and always drop in and see how the shop is doing when I'm there.

Back
Top Bottom