2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

That's not bad if it's a legit pair. They're an older release. If you can I'd offer $175 shipped and see if he'll take it.

A Few Pics Requested More Thanks

When Sneakerfan gets those Clay Highs, the whole thread shall rejoice!
Hahaha damn near choked from laughter fam! If it's not one shoe, it's another. Thank god my Charcoals came. My eBay cop came as well along with Sequoias and the outlet Deep Royals. Pickup pics tomorrow I promise. :lol:

"Gangster and a Gentleman"? That was a SLEPT-ON classic! That thing got crazy play in the whip back in the day. I need to get that joint again, thanks for the reminder. Marshall Mathers LP was crazy dope too, but I'm more partial to The Eminem Show. Both were great. I've got a soft spot for 'em... I remember the first time hearing him, on a local DJs mixtape one of my boys had that had "I Just Don't Give A..." on there. This was before he blew up (I'm pretty sure before Dre even signed him - maybe right around when that was happening), so much so, we had no idea he was a white guy. We would listen to it and just be mind-blown. That same tape had Canibus' "2nd Round KO", which was another amazing track. But yeah, a lot of those albums you named are favs of mine too. For me, Jay's "Blueprint" is the Jay album I'm most fond of. Honestly, I've been playing "Habits And Contradictions" more than GKMC. As an album, GKMC is better, but as far as best songs vs best songs, I like Qs stuff better, if that makes sense. The Black Hippy guys are probably my favorite new artists out there. Thankfully, in the last couple years, there's been a push toward that classic lyricism and great production that I grew up loving, and it's finally getting back around to the music, instead of the dances/flossing/nonsense. I thought Nas wasn't lying with the "Hip Hop Is Dead" stuff... lol. Speaking of Nas, Stillmatic though! That's another vicious album, one of my favs. Honestly, as amazing as Illmatic is, I'd rather listen to Stillmatic if forced to pick between the two. It just depends on how I feel though. Sometimes, I want that "grimy and raw" Nas. Others, I want the "refined but still ill" Nas.... ok, enough about the music! Once I start, it's hard to stop.
Sounds like we have similar taste my dude! That Styles album was a banger. I honestly didn't see him dropping that caliber of material on a solo joint even though I've always been a LOX fan. One thing to do it as a group, another thing to drop what to me is a classic LP. Just a shame it never got the promo it deserved.

I had to stop myself earlier as I knew I would've kept naming album after album. Nas > Jay to me so it took me a while to give Blueprint love, lol. I think Hard Knock Life Vol. 2 is slept on tho. Probably the Jay album I listen to the most nowadays.

I just got home from picking up the last 12 there. They said they started selling them on Thursday. Box price of $85.
Can we get some pics tho?
Also Saw This On IG.... Says May2013
Seeing their logo on the tongue only makes me want the regular Nike SB QS version even more. I really don't care for their logo.
I'm actually blogging about the foams for my "Casual Friday" post 
laugh.gif
 .. small world. 

The mold cost Nike about $750,000 back in the mid-nineties (first foam released in 1997 officially). That definitely justified the original $200 price tag on them when they first hit retailers. 

So I agree with you, SB's have been around for over a decade now. The production methods are already in place and there is no legitimate reason to markup the box price on these other than massive profit by the retailers that have them. 
So we gonna act like NY didn't just drop some info about Foams though ? Repped! What's the name of that blog though?

Last edited:
I'm not an expert on older SB's but if they're legit that's a hell of a deal for a gold box dunk. They're $300 plus every time I see them.

Is that what they go for now? lol. Back when those released. People hated those and they sat on shelves. Oh man. :x Highest I've ever seen those was $150 resell value. Nice pick up tho NikeSBMe

Hey, what filter is that that u used on the first pic? Is it an IG filter? Nice pic

EDIT: I know, I probably sound like the biggest IG noob ever, but I only started using IG semi-regularly a couple months ago, and have yet to see that filter yet (if it is, in fact, one of the IG filters).
Not an IG filter...

Used a bunch of apps to play around with the photo....

Hahaha damn near choked from laughter fam! If it's not one shoe, it's another. Thank god my Charcoals came. My eBay cop came as well along with Sequoias and the outlet Deep Royals. Pickup pics tomorrow I promise. :lol:
Sounds like we have similar taste my dude! That Styles album was a banger. I honestly didn't see him dropping that caliber of material on a solo joint even though I've always been a LOX fan. One thing to do it as a group, another thing to drop what to me is a classic LP. Just a shame it never got the promo it deserved.

I had to stop myself earlier as I knew I would've kept naming album after album. Nas > Jay to me so it took me a while to give Blueprint love, lol. I think Hard Knock Life Vol. 2 is slept on tho. Probably the Jay album I listen to the most nowadays.

It was. I still bump money,cash,**** :lol:

Hahaha damn near choked from laughter fam! If it's not one shoe, it's another. Thank god my Charcoals came. My eBay cop came as well along with Sequoias and the outlet Deep Royals. Pickup pics tomorrow I promise.
laugh.gif

What's sad about that Styles album was there were a few songs on there I definitely could've seen having legs on the radio, but I think Jada was popping off so heavily at that time, Styles kinda got pushed to the back-burner. I was always a LOX fan (even bigger Jada fan), but that album really made me see Styles as more than a Tito to Jada's MJ. Jay's Vol. 2 is a great album, but it's probably one of my least favorites. I don't know, I go through phases; sometimes I like listening to his pre-Dynasty stuff, other times it's the stuff after that. Right now, I'm more into his post-Blueprint stuff, but I still love the older stuff too. I think Vol. 3 was the one that was slept on... Production wise, that album was SERIOUS (Dr. Dre executive produced the whole album, which probably had something to do with the fact it sounded so great and had a cohesive feel to it), and lyrically, u know what to expect from Jay. That album has one of my favorite Jay-Z songs of all-time, "There's Been a Murder". That song, in every facet, is just too much. That beat is bananas... And lyrically, Jay is on some other ****. That's one of the few songs I'd play for someone if I wanted to show them how lyrical he truly is. When I first started listening to hip-hop heavily, I was about as anti-Jay-Z as you could get; anything that was about "flossing" or what I considered "mainstream", I wasn't trying to hear it at all. Up to that point, the only Jay-Z song I had really heard, and liked, was "Ain't No *****" from the Nutty Professor soundtrack (I think that was what it was on), and that was when I was in grade school (I got into hip hop EARLY - "White Lines" playing in my Aunt's tape deck when in the 2nd grade is my first memory of hearing a rap song and thinking "what is THAT???"), at a time where I could recite all the lyrics to my favorite rap songs, but had zero idea what they were even saying... lol. But one day, my older brother suggested I listen to Reasonable Doubt, so I gave it a chance; after giving it a spin, it was over. That whole situation actually really taught me a lot about life, in that it taught me not to hate on things or judge things before giving it a chance. I was still young when I first heard Reasonable Doubt (15, I think), but that was kinda one of the first steps to me becoming a self-aware man. Music is deep, man... lol. But yeah, after hearing that album, it was a wrap from there. When Hov and Nas finally clashed, it was a sad, sad day... It sucks they waited so long to squash it; both are still ill, but all the songs they've done together since then haven't been as amazing as I hoped it would be. Imho, they both have fallen off a tiny bit lyrically, and it would've been amazing if they could've worked together in their prime's... That being said, even after falling off a tiny bit, they're still both iller than 99% of what's out there. But to hardcore fans, u notice that 1% difference. Or at least I do. Maybe some will disagree. Even Eminem has fallen off a bit, imo. People thought he was so ill on Recovery, but to me, it sounded like he was trying a little too hard with his multis... Compare that to "Encore" 'Em; while that album had some ridiculous cuts on there (Big Weenie, *** Like That, etc.), when he was blacking out, he was BLACKING OUT, with that fluid, out of control-but-dialed-in flow, and the crazy metaphors and schemes. That's an under-appreciated album, to me at least. Still, it's the same with Em as with Nas and Hov; his almost-best is better than everyone else's best. Ok, it's happening again... Must...stop...typing... lol. Yeah, we do seem to have similar tastes in music. Great minds think alike! Peace

I'm not an expert on older SB's but if they're legit that's a hell of a deal for a gold box dunk. They're $300 plus every time I see them.
I concur, although I am far from an SB expert on prices. But in my searching for older SBs, that's by far the lowest price I've seen for a DS pair of Quagmire's. On another note, that is one LOUD shoe... lol. Never liked it, but I can see why people might. Hopefully it's legit and you're able to get 'em, cuz that seems like a great price in my eyes. Peace

That BP logo on the tongue ruined the shoe... Lets hope the other SB accounts receive them as a QS with the Nike logo on the tongue.
I love the "Nike SB" on there; it always reminds me of the OG Jordan 1s (as I'm sure it does a lot of people as well), and that is a great thing, imo. But at the same time, I still like the shoe, with or without the "BP" on the tongue. Has there been any word that the QS release is going to have the "Nike SB" tag instead? I'd prefer the "Nike SB", but either way is fine with me.

So i havent copped any of the newer SBs, how do the dunk lows fit? im 10.5 in the kb8's
In a reversal of your question, how do Kobe 8s fit? I've never copped a Kobe, period, until I recently bought the Easter 8s from someone on eBay. Actually, I did buy a pair of 6s, but I returned them because I didn't like how tight the shoe fit. I didn't walk around in them for an extended period though, just around the house for a few steps, which is NOT the same as walking around on concrete (which I happen to do a lot of). I now realize that it's highly likely that the shoe would've "molded" to my foot, minimizing the tightness I felt initially. Is that the case with the Kobe 8? Actually, that Kobe 8 is the first non-Retro basketball shoe I've purchased since the Jordan 15... As you can see, I'm NOT a fan of the modern sneaker, for the most part. But at the same time, if that shoe comes along that I'm really feeling, I'm going to cop it. And that Easter colorway was one of the illest CWs I've seen in a LONG time, which negated the shape of the Kobe 8. I can't answer your question about the how the Lows fit, since I haven't worn an SB Low in the past several years...

Hello friends- I will be in San Francisco for the rest of this month starting Tuesday.  What sneaker spots would the NT locals recommend?  Thanks very much!

Back
Top Bottom