2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

question - wrapping shoes in plastic to put on ice / store..

Does this really help?

How are they doing this? just wrapping them? shrink wrapping them?
shrink-tubing-required-seal.gif

question - wrapping shoes in plastic to put on ice / store..

Does this really help?

How are they doing this? just wrapping them? shrink wrapping them?

As far as I know, It protects them from dust and scratches. They will still yellow and possibly fade. As for the sole, I don't know. I've heard that shoes need to be wore so the glue can stay warm and stick to the shoe but I don't think there's any science to back that. I might be wrong

I think they do it to keep grubby paws off. I don't know for sure but I don't think the other shoe in back would be wrapped.
Side note: my buddy bought ds pusheads from fc and it didn't have the card. Kinda lame if you ask me.

@MakeSomeRice  Flight club started doing it because so many people handled the shoes that they'd get dirty and stained. As far as I know for actual storage of shoes, it's better to keep them in the box without being wrapped up. 

Thanks for the replies on the insole question. I just ordered a pair of koston's to swap the insoles, I'll get back to you guys when they come in.

It's a New York thing, as far back as I can remember anytime I'd walk into a mom and pop shop they'd shrink wrap shoes to keep people from touching them and getting them dirty. Nothing worse than seeing a pair of white on white AF1s from a few seasons back looking off white because people's nasty hands got the leather dirty.

Bear in mind I've only been in NYC about a dozen times in my life and most of it came in the past 15 years.

SPoT posted a video about their shoe wrapping process a couple months back on their website if you wanna see it in action

For anybody in the Boston area...STEAL on FB

" Skunk sbs " 
Sz ; 8.5 
Condo ; Vnds 
Og all but extra laces & box but a firm replacement 
H.o ; ???
Bin ; 340

Back
Top Bottom