2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

The concept of retroing classics by turning a low to a high and vice versa. The tiff highs I kinda get, maybe one or two here or there, but just going through all the Huf, Stussy, De La, Cheechs, SOL's, BITUSA, ETC ETC ETC and rereleasing as the other version just seems so boring. Kinda why I didn't like the tiff highs. It's not a classic and never will be since it's a copycat.

And on the J's note, sure it's exciting to get a shot at a shoe you could never afford before (example: Thunder 4's). But all those people who sat on Thunder 4's just had their shoe's value absolutely DESTROYED by Nike/JB's attempt to make a quick dollar off an old idea.

While I agree that continuing to rerelease the same thing again and again gets boring after a while, allow me to play a song on the world's tiniest violin for people that sat on a pair of shoes that are KNOWN to fall apart if you don't wear them regularly because they wanted the price to be sky high when they sold them.

And that's to say nothing of the insanity in the after market for Jordans when better built pairs from years ago are worth the same or less than the crap they put out now.

I've been happy with the creativity that's been coming out of the SB group lately, and while I dread the foolishness that's going to come with them retroing lows to highs and highs to lows, as long as people don't turn their back on the new stuff I think there will be an equilibrium, something that's missing in JB right now, all of the new stuff is absolutely dreadful, so outside of the tried and true retros they aren't doing anything that's interesting to me (lose the BIG logo and Elephant Print on the 29 and I'm in for a pair)

Last edited:
The concept of retroing classics by turning a low to a high and vice versa. The tiff highs I kinda get, maybe one or two here or there, but just going through all the Huf, Stussy, De La, Cheechs, SOL's, BITUSA, ETC ETC ETC and rereleasing as the other version just seems so boring. Kinda why I didn't like the tiff highs. It's not a classic and never will be since it's a copycat.

And on the J's note, sure it's exciting to get a shot at a shoe you could never afford before (example: Thunder 4's). But all those people who sat on Thunder 4's just had their shoe's value absolutely DESTROYED by Nike/JB's attempt to make a quick dollar off an old idea.

Yeah it's lazy but I welcome it just not the hype that'll come with it. The same way you feel about the J's being retro'd is the way I feel about SB. Half those kicks you mentioned I wouldn't be able to afford, or want to pay the going rate.

As far as the value going down because people want sit on them, and keep them in plastic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wear your kicks!

Last edited by a moderator:
i just never was able to get the cali's... if I can cop the hi's (which will be a struggle in and of itself)  I will be a happy man... idk about retroing all the rest...

i should have explained... pure nostalgia for me wh the Cali's 

Yeah it's lazy but I welcome it just not the hype that'll come with it. The same way you feel about the J's being retro'd is the way I feel about SB. Half those kicks you mentioned I wouldn't be able to afford, or want to pay the going rate.

As far as the value going down because people want sit on them, and keep them in plastic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wear your kicks!

I agree. If you paid resell it's on you if all you're worried about is the money then you had plenty of warning to get rid of them.

If you bought them to wear then you shouldn't be worried about the value, and if you paid retail you lost nothing.

Wear your kicks, I'd love to see some of these kicks come back, I'm not paying all that money for skunks, bitusa, dooms, de las, etc.

Last edited:

Wear your kicks!
Exactly if you wanna place a value on the sneaker then that is your own fault. Who says nike and JB can't retro the shoes again? Anything is possible and at the end of the days they are shoes that are meant to be worn. Not throwing shade at anyone in the thread just wanted to throw in my .02

Today is the 30th day for my #30DaysOfLance campaign. I am extremely happy with how they turned out and I encourage anyone who has a pair to do what I did, you won't regret it.

Made a little recap video to show the progression and I just wanted my fellow NT SB heads to be the first to see it

Last edited:
While I agree that continuing to rerelease the same thing again and again gets boring after a while, allow me to play a song on the world's tiniest violin for people that sat on a pair of shoes that are KNOWN to fall apart if you don't wear them regularly because they wanted the price to be sky high when they sold them.

And that's to say nothing of the insanity in the after market for Jordans when better built pairs from years ago are worth the same or less than the crap they put out now.

I've been happy with the creativity that's been coming out of the SB group lately, and while I dread the foolishness that's going to come with them retroing lows to highs and highs to lows, as long as people don't turn their back on the new stuff I think there will be an equilibrium, something that's missing in JB right now, all of the new stuff is absolutely dreadful, so outside of the tried and true retros they aren't doing anything that's interesting to me (lose the BIG logo and Elephant Print on the 29 and I'm in for a pair)
Yeah, I gotta agree with that last part for sure. JB relies heavily on its retros because the new stuff is not as consistently hyped like retros. SB heads get in on everything from GR's to QS and everyone has different feels about different shoes. It's a good diversity and always will be.

Wear your kicks!
Yeah, I agree with that. I wear all my kicks, sometimes comically quickly. BUT I do appreciate that some people have sat on DS shoes for 10-15 years and I can buy those DS kicks. Otherwise the whole market for old kicks would be used, there wouldn't be a new.
I agree. If you paid resell it's on you if all you're worried about is the money then you had plenty of warning to get rid of them.

If you bought them to wear then you shouldn't be worried about the value, and if you paid retail you lost nothing.

Wear your kicks, I'd love to see some of these kicks come back, I'm not paying all that money for skunks, bitusa, dooms, de las, etc.
Some of those get expensive but I'd rather pass on a couple mediocre JB releases and spend it on one awesome pair every once in a while.
Exactly if you wanna place a value on the sneaker then that is your own fault. Who says nike and JB can't retro the shoes again? Anything is possible and at the end of the days they are shoes that are meant to be worn. Not throwing shade at anyone in the thread just wanted to throw in my .02
That's a good point, they are only shoes haha. Matters more for serious collectors I guess.
Today is the 30th day for my #30DaysOfLance campaign. I am extremely happy with how they turned out and I encourage anyone who has a pair to do what I did, you won't regret it.

Made a little recap video to show the progression and I just wanted my fellow NT SB heads to be the first to see it

SWEET. Yours look so good, I haven't done a ton of skating in mine but they're on the way. 

chill; born and bred in LA right here---but yea, you KNOW you can find a better burger. Don't eem play like that :lol: :lol:

Fatburger in the 90s > In-n-Out

but real talk it's a spot off Slauson "Fresh n Meaty burgers" :smh: That's my FAV burger joint. Everytime I go home that's like my first stop.

Isn't fresh n meaty burgers on Florence?

You just found my Quarter Snack consolation prize if I strike out lol
agreed
You just found my Quarter Snack consolation prize if I strike out lol
if they were all suede, they would be in my cart already!  been looking for the halloween edition with the orange tag , white and orange laces :smile:

A Pat's and Geno's pack would be fantastic. The Geno's pair could be highs with shiny *** patent leather everywhere. And the Pat's pair could be lows, made with some nice leather to keep it clean and old school.

Good looks on the link

:lol: man IMO Ben's overrated AF. And before you jump to conclusions yes I've had it , lived in DC 4 years.

Never had gladys knight so I can't comment, but have you had BOTH?

Yeah I've had both I'm here in cali but all my fam is in Atl so I get some of that Gladys good once or twice a year and Ben's may be over rated but it's a DC staple and has the colors to make a decent shoe

I'm with you on fat burger tho... In and out is just really well prepared quality fast food

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom